Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question About EFX in AUM with Guitar

I tried to think about it but cannot find the answer.

I use my iPad as an effects processor for my guitar. I use AUM.

My simple question: if I put 2 effects on my channel, the guitar signal will be modify by EFX 1 and after this wet signal will be modify by effect 2.

How can I setup things so that EFX 2 will only affect my clean/dry signal and not the signal that has been processed by EFX 1?

It may be usefull with delay. If you only have 1 delay, you can use multiple instances of the app. But by default, the second instance of the delay will process your clean signal modify by EFX1.

Comments

• There's nothing stopping you from using the same audio-input on two tracks in AUM.

One track for EFX1 and another for EFX2 and eventually a 3rd bus track to where you send the outputs from EFX1 and EFX2 for control over the level of EFX1 and EFX2.

Or you could set up the EFX tracks separately and use sends from the track with the audio input...

• @Montreal_Music , I posted a similar question a few months ago and received some very helpful replies. I think the setup which I posted reflects Samu’s second suggestion.

Anyway, I hope this helps you or at least gives you some ideas.
    https://forum.audiob.us/post/quote/48450/Discussion_48450

• Sorry, that doesn’t seem to have linked my original thread …

• @Samu said:
    There's nothing stopping you from using the same audio-input on two tracks in AUM.

One track for EFX1 and another for EFX2 and eventually a 3rd bus track to where you send the outputs from EFX1 and EFX2 for control over the level of EFX1 and EFX2.

Or you could set up the EFX tracks separately and use sends from the track with the audio input...

Thank you!

• This is where AUM shines, being able to set up multiple fx tracks, multiple sends and returns, modulating the mix between them with lfos, even feeding one through another and then back into itself.

For example, send the clean to reverb before sending it to delay, then using mid-side balance to spread the delay out to the edges of the stereo field, keeping the clean maybe with some saturation in the center.

Or, send some delay into a granulator and feed it back into itself.