Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

elliot garage drum machines unable to record in AUM?

Hello (noob here)

Background to my issue: I am still that old head that mixes everything on pro tools with a desktop lol and so i use AUM to create all my tracks, record them(AUM record) and then just audio share them to computer.

Lately i’ve been working with elliot garage drum machines and love them but they are not getting triggered when i press record in AUM…maybe this is a simple oversight on my end?

any help would be greatly appreciated! much love to this audiobus community

Comments

• @drewhino said:
    Hello (noob here)

Background to my issue: I am still that old head that mixes everything on pro tools with a desktop lol and so i use AUM to create all my tracks, record them(AUM record) and then just audio share them to computer.

Lately i’ve been working with elliot garage drum machines and love them but they are not getting triggered when i press record in AUM…maybe this is a simple oversight on my end?

Can you post a video demonstrating your setup and process.

• edited July 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:
    Hello (noob here)

thanks for the response! does this photo work(if not i’ll record a vid later today)

as you can see here, i just arm all the tracks for recording, then press the record button which automatically triggers the tracks to both play and record. all of them get triggered to play and record except the first one(the elliot drum machine) which starts recording but never gets triggered to start playing. i have not gone into any playback or recording settings in aum nor the drum machine so i’m assuming i may need to alter something in there. but i really don’t know…

thanks

• @drewhino said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:
    Hello (noob here)

thanks for the response! does this photo work(if not i’ll record a vid later today)

as you can see here, i just arm all the tracks for recording, then press the record button which automatically triggers the tracks to both play and record. all of them get triggered to play and record except the first one(the elliot drum machine) which starts recording but never gets triggered to start playing. i have not gone into any playback or recording settings in aum nor the drum machine so i’m assuming i may need to alter something in there. but i really don’t know…

thanks

Did you turn on host sync in Pulse? It won't start playing with the host transport if it isn't turned on.

• wimwim
    edited July 2022

I see the same here. With Host Sync engaged in EGDR808 pressing Play in AUM starts EGDR808 playback. Pressing AUM record does not. That looks like a bug or design oversight to me.

info @ elliottgarage.com is the email address given under the Support link on the website. @ElliottGarage is a forum member, but I don't know how active. [edit - last active July 22, so that's a good sign.]

• I have run into this before with the EG apps and could not find a solution. The sequencer simply won't play when you hit record in AUM. The only solution I could find was to use an external sequencer.

• edited July 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:
    Hello (noob here)

thanks

Did you turn on host sync in Pulse? It won't start playing with the host transport if it isn't turned on.

host sync in the drum machine is activated yes if that’s what you’re referring to. i’m not sure what pulse is… the drum machine plays synced up to the midi clock like everything else but then when i start to record it just stops :/

• @wim said:
    I see the same here. With Host Sync engaged in EGDR808 pressing Play in AUM starts EGDR808 playback. Pressing AUM record does not. That looks like a bug or design oversight to me.

info @ elliottgarage.com is the email address given under the Support link on the website. @ElliottGarage is a forum member, but I don't know how active. [edit - last active July 22, so that's a good sign.]

yeah exactly the issue and it’s so strange. makes these drum machines basically useless to me because the way i capture all my sounds is through aum recording. i wonder a way around this issue? @ElliottGarage plz save us

• @mjm1138 said:
    I have run into this before with the EG apps and could not find a solution. The sequencer simply won't play when you hit record in AUM. The only solution I could find was to use an external sequencer.

oh how do you mean?

• @drewhino said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewhino said:
    Hello (noob here)

thanks

host sync in the drum machine is activated yes if that’s what you’re referring to. i’m not sure what pulse is… the drum machine plays synced up to the midi clock like everything else but then when i start to record it just stops :/

sry. i mistakenly thought you meant the Elliot Garage drum machine Pulse. I didnt realize they had others

• @drewhino said:

@mjm1138 said:
    I have run into this before with the EG apps and could not find a solution. The sequencer simply won't play when you hit record in AUM. The only solution I could find was to use an external sequencer.

oh how do you mean?

Well, for example, Polybeat is a drum sequencer with a built-in mapping for EG Drum apps. Just load that up on a MIDI track and make a connection between it and EGDR808 and you're good to go. It means you have to re-enter any sequences you built on the built-in sequencer, but it works. There are other drum sequencers on the App Store too, others might have opinions on which is the best for driving "EGDR" apps.

• @mjm1138 said:

@drewhino said:

@mjm1138 said:

oh how do you mean?

Well, for example, Polybeat is a drum sequencer with a built-in mapping for EG Drum apps. Just load that up on a MIDI track and make a connection between it and EGDR808 and you're good to go. It means you have to re-enter any sequences you built on the built-in sequencer, but it works. There are other drum sequencers on the App Store too, others might have opinions on which is the best for driving "EGDR" apps.

word! thanks so much! just looked up polybeat. the UI looks dope. ive just been using each apps own sequencer but this thing seems sick and way more handy!

• edited July 2022

Just checked and everything works fine in EG Pulse, but not on EGDR808 and my older drum machines. The fix is coming :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Just checked and everything works fine in EG Pulse, but not on EGDR808 and my older drum machines. The fix is coming :)

oh sweeet thanks! beautiful work!

• @ElliottGarage said:

Woot, cheers! Thanks for continuing to support these great apps!

• I just purchased EGDR808 Lite and am having the same problem the OP wrote about. EGDR808 plays in AUM, but as soon as I hit the record button, it stops playing.

@ElliottGarage, can you assist?

• @lmort said:
    I just purchased EGDR808 Lite and am having the same problem the OP wrote about. EGDR808 plays in AUM, but as soon as I hit the record button, it stops playing.

yeah man i just have to bypass it’s eternal sequencer and use octachron to trigger it… oh well

• @drewhino said:

@lmort said:
    I just purchased EGDR808 Lite and am having the same problem the OP wrote about. EGDR808 plays in AUM, but as soon as I hit the record button, it stops playing.

yeah man i just have to bypass it’s eternal sequencer and use octachron to trigger it… oh well

Ah, ok. I didn’t know there was a workaround. Thanks for the info!