Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I make Akai MPD-218 Midi Pad Controller wireless?

13»

Comments

• Geez, just when I was almost there.

• @mystic said:
    Geez, just when I was almost there.

deleting and reinstalling the app ?

I guess someone will suggest an iphone free app that can send midi . (Hopefully there is one)

• @Korakios said:

You must choose on DRC as midi output the new port created called "Desktop something" (somewhere in DRC settings and deselect any input)

Reinstalling DRC works [thanks] but in it's Settings screen I am not noticing what you've written here so what else might I do please?

• @mystic said:

@Korakios said:

You must choose on DRC as midi output the new port created called "Desktop something" (somewhere in DRC settings and deselect any input)

Reinstalling DRC works [thanks] but in it's Settings screen I am not noticing what you've written here so what else might I do please?

Once you've created the BT MIDI connection with some other app on the iPhone, it should appear in the MIDI section of the DRC hamburger menu (not Settings).

• I totally appreciate all of your many efforts guys but tbh, I have no idea what I am looking for now or what a "hamburger menu" is. Matter of fact half of all of this technical stuff I am not understanding, just trying my best to follow the instructions given step by step so if you guys might have grown tired of this no worries, I perfectly understand and we can quit this now. I may have bitten off more than I can chew seeking this wireless stuff [sorry]. :)

Otherwise, when I click the midi option these are the 2 screens I am seeing:

• edited August 2022

@mystic said:
    I totally appreciate all of your many efforts guys but tbh, I have no idea what I am looking for now or what a "hamburger menu" is. Matter of fact half of all of this technical stuff I am not understanding, just trying my best to follow the instructions given step by step so if you guys might have grown tired of this no worries, I perfectly understand and we can quit this now. I may have bitten off more than I can chew seeking this wireless stuff [sorry]. :)

No stress :)

From the screenshot I see there is no BT midi port created .
    Can you double check that MidiBerry has the input port listed and is selected ?

edit , after manually selecting the port , make sure that it stays selected (sometimes it's buggy)

• "Hamburger menu" – geek slang for generalized menu icon that looks like 3 horizontal lines. In some countries this looks like a "hamburger", sandwich consisting of 3 layers: bun, meat patty, bun.

You will need to run an app on the iPhone that creates the Bluetooth MIDI port. Then DRC will be able to connect to it, and so will the computer.

• So very sorry guys for not responding sooner, after my last post here my sons Mac got some wireless issues so I had to give him my text pc until his is fixed.

@uncledave
    Thanks for the explanation on the Hamburger menu! :)

@Korakios
    If my son does not get his Mac soon I will try the other option you had mentioned using my actual music pc but can try it with a backup file, get back to you, thx.

• Hey guys, so sorry to say I have to abandon this project as I have found a better option for this. I apologize for having taken up so much of your time and have your efforts wasted.

The main problem I have with this is as someone had mentioned here the Pad would need to be physically connected to my phone so wouldn't make it totally wireless So I will continue to use it wired with one long USB cord.

I decided to go with Touch OSC which is working perfectly controlling my VST fx's in Reaper from my phone. Should anyone need to know anything about this, I will be happy to give a step by step on how to do it. This is my customized setup for it on my iPhone XR: