Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sending Midi From AB3 to Hardware

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to send midi out of AB3 to my Phenol hardware synth. I can see it’s receiving clock but not pitch/gate information. When I use an app eg Xequence stand-alone it works perfectly. As soon as I use Xequence or Rosetta, Fugue in AB3 it doesn’t work.

I’ve checked the forum, YT and manual and can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• @st3ak said:
    Hi Folks,

I’m trying to send midi out of AB3 to my Phenol hardware synth. I can see it’s receiving clock but not pitch/gate information. When I use an app eg Xequence stand-alone it works perfectly. As soon as I use Xequence or Rosetta, Fugue in AB3 it doesn’t work.

I’ve checked the forum, YT and manual and can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Please post screenshots of the setup screens of all the relevant apps

• Hi. Can you post a screenshot of the AB3 MIDI routing page with your source and hardware configured?

Are you sending the MIDI on the correct channel?

• Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently sending on MIDI channel 1 via Rozeta to my Phenol. For some reason Rozeta isn't giving me an omni option. That being said, I tried using Xequence and setting to Omni and still not working. Xequence set to Omni in standalone works.

I'm using my iPhone 7 iOS 13, not sure if that helps. Will post some screenshots. Fyi, I detached my UM-One that's why it's greyed out in the screenshot.

Using my Roland UM-One midi connection via camera kit to send to my hardware synth.

Thank you!

• Posting my MIDI setup for Rozeta, using the Bassline auv3.

• Lastly, Phenol accepts on only MIDI channel 1, I'm setup on the hardware side, feels like it's something on the iOS side.

• You need to add Phenol to the output end of the MIDI lane. It will appear in the System menu column (not Audio Units or Apps). When you use Audiobus, you are able to route MIDI; it doesn't just flow around in a stew.

Incidentally, "Omni" is an option for a MIDI receiver, meaning it will receive messages on all channels. A MIDI sender must send on a specific channel; Omni would make no sense.

• Uncledave you are a gem. Completely missed that. I've got UM-one connected to receive and it's working perfectly. Makes sense re your explanation too, in terms of The midi signal just being trapped.

Thanks espiegel123 for posting and willing to help too. Really great community here.

Here's the working setup. Thanks again gang.

• @st3ak . Glad you got it working.