Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Youtube in auv3?

Wasnt there an app where you use youtube audio in auv3 apps? Or am I remembering wrong/apple stomped it?

Comments

• That app is gone. If you just need the audio, screen record the video, then import into Koala.

• @kgreggbruce said:
    That app is gone. If you just need the audio, screen record the video, then import into Koala.

👍 Works with sampling any audio output from your iDevice.

• There's a new YouTube AUv3 app that came out not long after the other one disappeared: https://apps.apple.com/app/tube-audio-unit/id1621428749.

Here's a recent thread with a few other alternatives: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50715/au-apps-for-youtube

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Wasnt there an app where you use youtube audio in auv3 apps? Or am I remembering wrong/apple stomped it?

Web Audio Player works just fine from the dev that gave up on TubeAU

You don't get to watch the video. As the name implies, it's audio only.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/web-audio-player/id1546591560

• Web audio player and tube AU both do this and both are pretty stable. Unless you NEED the video, web audio player is cheaper. I bought both bc I have a specific need for the video part, but web audio works fine.

• @CapnWillie said:

@HotStrange said:
    Web audio player and tube AU both do this and both are pretty stable. Unless you NEED the video, web audio player is cheaper. I bought both bc I have a specific need for the video part, but web audio works fine.

Are you sure Tube AU still works? I was told by the dev it didn’t. Tube Audio Unit does it for sure but is the most expensive option.

Unless you need video, go with web audio player - it seems stable. As u say, devs gave up on fixing tube AU and it was constantly down. If it is working now - questionable, and i don't have time to check - it won't be for long

• @CapnWillie said:

@Gavinski said:

@CapnWillie said:

@HotStrange said:
    Web audio player and tube AU both do this and both are pretty stable. Unless you NEED the video, web audio player is cheaper. I bought both bc I have a specific need for the video part, but web audio works fine.

Are you sure Tube AU still works? I was told by the dev it didn’t. Tube Audio Unit does it for sure but is the most expensive option.

Unless you need video, go with web audio player - it seems stable. As u say, devs gave up on fixing tube AU and it was constantly down. If it is working now - questionable, and i don't have time to check - it won't be for long

Thanks bro!🙏 Didn’t want to pay so much just to sample the tubes. Koala and Beattime have been good subs but I’d like to go real time and grab whatever clip I need in the context of a project.

Sure thing! What did you end up with?

• edited July 2022

@CapnWillie said:

@HotStrange said:

It’s a separate and newer app from different developer. The original most likely does not work and has been removed from App Store.

• @CapnWillie said:

@HotStrange said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Gavinski said:

@CapnWillie said:

@HotStrange said:

Thanks bro!🙏 Didn’t want to pay so much just to sample the tubes. Koala and Beattime have been good subs but I’d like to go real time and grab whatever clip I need in the context of a project.

Sure thing! What did you end up with?

Web audio. So far so good.👌🏽

Yea that’s what I use.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

Blue Mangoo had hired a developer to help with the app, since it needed constant updates to access YouTube video. Something about a weekly key YouTube has that changed every week and needed to be adjusted in the app. That developer apparently left that arrangement and I think it’s the same one that released the new version, but not certain.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

That developer apparently left that arrangement and I think it’s the same one that released the new version, but not certain.

ain't that a b*tch :lol:

• @Poppadocrock said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

Blue Mangoo had hired a developer to help with the app, since it needed constant updates to access YouTube video. Something about a weekly key YouTube has that changed every week and needed to be adjusted in the app. That developer apparently left that arrangement and I think it’s the same one that released the new version, but not certain.

Why do people say that the person that left Blue Mangoo is the developer of the other app? It is my understanding that this is not true and is a rumor someone here started based on their finding the name similar to a name they recalled (without actually checking). The names in question being the Duc Anh Nguyen and Ngo Minh Ngoc ... which aren't similar...except to people that think all Vietnamese names seem the same.

• edited July 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

Why do people say that the person that left Blue Mangoo is the developer of the other app? It is my understanding that this is not true and is a rumor someone here started based on their finding the name similar to a name they recalled (without actually checking). The names in question being the Duc Anh Nguyen and Ngo Minh Ngoc ... which aren't similar...except to people that think all Vietnamese names seem the same.

Has nothing to do with the names never even checked. That’s why I said I was not certain, it was just odd timing. He lost the developer to maintain tube Au, took it off App Store, and 2 weeks later the new one popped up from a different developer.

• Yea I had no hard evidence, I was just trying to briefly summarize what happened. The developer thing was purely speculation on my part based on the timing of the events, and some forum chatter.

• edited July 2022

Related to this… How is the quality when doing screen capture?. Say you’re screen recording/sampling from YouTube, Spotify… Does it degrade in any way?.

I often use the app Tubecasts , it lets you create playlists, save the YouTube video to files… pretty handy. I love that you have a “history” and you can choose to extract video+audio or audio only. Saves some time vs saving, then extracting in koala or some other app.

Here’s some screenshots (don’t mind the playlist 😂)

• @tahiche said:
    Related to this… How is the quality when doing screen capture?. Say you’re screen recording/sampling from YouTube, Spotify… Does it degrade in any way?.

I often use the app Tubecasts , it lets you create playlists, save the YouTube video to files… pretty handy. I love that you have a “history” and you can choose to extract video+audio or audio only. Saves some time vs saving, then extracting in koala or some other app.

Here’s some screenshots (don’t mind the playlist 😂)

Screen recording is perfect quality, both audio and video. It will record at whatever resolution your device is producing, hence the files are massive when recording video.

• @espiegel123 said:
    » show previous quotes

• Thank you for sharing this helpful post.

• edited August 2023

Never mind...