Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Concerto: How to get 40G of Roland sounds FREE 🤯

Happened passed this on the tubes. Didn’t believe it. Experienced it. Still don’t believe how great it is. Passing it on.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Damn… I need 40GB free on my Mac to download 40GB free. No free without free.

This is a business case for an M1 Mac of some type, right? It’s just business. I read the best businesses don’t even make money anymore… I didn’t buy any crypto so I should invest in my passion as a reward for good judgement.

Then I could make some NFT’s from old home me movies. Now I have a business plan to waste more money.

• edited July 6

@McD said:
    Damn… I need 40GB free on my Mac to download 40GB free. No free without free.

This is a business case for an M1 Mac of some type, right? It’s just business. I read the best businesses don’t even make money anymore… I didn’t buy any crypto so I should invest in my passion as a reward for good judgement.

Then I could make some NFT’s from old home me movies. Now I have a business plan to waste more money.

💦😭😂@ business plan to waste money. You should feel good about not buying any crypto although now isn’t exactly the worst time if you want to make money in like 5 years from now. Maybe.lol

As for 40gs free, not necessary. I only downloaded some of the orchestra sounds and a few of the pianos which are surprisingly very very good. I like variety and Roland sounds different than my goto Native Instruments sounds. I saved them to an external like all of my other sounds. I never install sound libraries to my main drive anymore.

• @CapnWillie said:
    As for 40gs free, not necessary. I only downloaded orchestra and a few of the pianos which are surprisingly very very good. I like variety and Roland sounds different than my goto Native Instruments sounds. I saved them to an external like all of my other sounds. I never install sound libraries to my main drive anymore.

Are any of these sounds exposed as audio files? I love to import any audio I find into AudioLayer and Koala. I wish we had tools to make SF2’s or SFZ’es on IOS. Maybe I’ll learn Polyphone on my new business Mac to give away SF2’s for branding and improved SEO. It might indicate a positive trend in my EBITDA… I’m pretty depreciated already and could check YouTube for MBA BS.
    I just need an LLC to move stuff around the board and create the illusion of assets.

• edited July 7

@McD said:

@CapnWillie said:
    As for 40gs free, not necessary. I only downloaded orchestra and a few of the pianos which are surprisingly very very good. I like variety and Roland sounds different than my goto Native Instruments sounds. I saved them to an external like all of my other sounds. I never install sound libraries to my main drive anymore.

Are any of these sounds exposed as audio files? I love to import any audio I find into AudioLayer and Koala. I wish we had tools to make SF2’s or SFZ’es on IOS. Maybe I’ll learn Polyphone on my new business Mac to give away SF2’s for branding and improved SEO. It might indicate a positive trend in my EBITDA… I’m pretty depreciated already and could check YouTube for MBA BS.
    I just need an LLC to move stuff around the board and create the illusion of assets.

Let me get back to you re:audio files. I’m out and about now. I actually downloaded these remotely and didnt even check.

Not sure if you or anyone else realizes the game you just dropped up there.👌🏽 Id say I’m impressed but I’ve been around here way too long to be impressed by you at this point. I hope that conveys a level of compliment consistent with the intention.

*it’s the little things that make all the difference.

• I saw this. Do you have to sign up to Roland cloud to get it…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I saw this. Do you have to sign up to Roland cloud to get it…

That’s a great question too. I don’t believe you do but I was already signed in as I’m a subscriber 😬

• @CapnWillie said:

@Poppadocrock said:

That’s a great question too. I don’t believe you do but I was already signed in as I’m a subscriber 😬

Ah ok. I want to look into it. Thanks for bringing it up. Cheers!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Ah ok. I want to look into it. Thanks for bringing it up. Cheers!

Good luck! I’m almost positive you’ll just be asked to accept license agreement before installing as usual.

• Nice. Thanks! @McD check this out. Describes the download much better than I or the video.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Not sure if you or anyone else realizes the game you just dropped up there.👌🏽 Id say I’m impressed but I’ve been around here way too long to be impressed by you at this point.

Please don’t be impressed! That’s all buzzword bingo from auditing the Prof G podcast.

He knows enough to get insulted by Elon Musk on Twitter.

I’m no financial wizard. But I’m one lucky bastard to be an engineer when Unix, the Internet and Web 2.0 happened. Right skills, right time.

• edited July 7

@McD said:

@CapnWillie said:
    Not sure if you or anyone else realizes the game you just dropped up there.👌🏽 Id say I’m impressed but I’ve been around here way too long to be impressed by you at this point.

Please don’t be impressed! That’s all buzzword bingo from auditing the Prof G podcast.

He knows enough to get insulted by Elon Musk on Twitter.

I’m no financial wizard. But I’m one lucky bastard to be an engineer when Unix, the Internet and Web 2.0 happened. Right skills, right time.

Well that’s just it.. An engineer makes products out of ideas. For a person trying to make a living off of creating digital products or content, chords were dropped. Infinite possible voicings within the scale. The source is of less consequence.

Once upon a time I was a kid who sourced everything I built over the last 20 years from what I could piece together from forums like this, conversations at conventions, studios and in first class on flights I couldn’t really afford until I could. None of it as simple as what you just laid out.

Many people know no doubt. Many have and are publishing some variation or voicing of those very chords as we speak. In the end, one still must know where to find inspiration, be gifted enough to play by ear with enough work ethic to keep doing it until a large enough audience gathers. By which time, hopefully, more product(s).

Ironically, Roland ;)

• I've seen this posted in a few different places now. So far, I've only tried the Tera Guitar because it is one of the smaller libraries. There's only 10 factory presets, but most of the them are a CPU-spiking crackle fest.

Might just be bad luck of the draw or some weird host compatibility thing, but it's rare I experience anything like this.

• @telecharge said:
    I've seen this posted in a few different places now. So far, I've only tried the Tera Guitar because it is one of the smaller libraries. There's only 10 factory presets, but most of the them are a CPU-spiking crackle fest.

Might just be bad luck of the draw or some weird host compatibility thing, but it's rare I experience anything like this.

Sorry to hear that. I haven’t experienced any issues yet but I haven’t dived through everything i downloaded yet.

Mind sharing which host, os and machine?

• I've had no issues with this on a five year old macbook, even though I do get cpu spikes with most of Roland's vsts.

• @CapnWillie said:

@McD said:

💦😭😂@ business plan to waste money. You should feel good about not buying any crypto although now isn’t exactly the worst time if you want to make money in like 5 years from now. Maybe.lol

As for 40gs free, not necessary. I only downloaded some of the orchestra sounds and a few of the pianos which are surprisingly very very good. I like variety and Roland sounds different than my goto Native Instruments sounds. I saved them to an external like all of my other sounds. I never install sound libraries to my main drive anymore.

Hmm, it won't let me install to an external drive. It says I need OSX 10.9 or later. I'm on 12.4. I assume I am installing correctly, ie. via the individual downloaded installers?

• @Cambler said:

@CapnWillie said:

@McD said:

Hmm, it won't let me install to an external drive. It says I need OSX 10.9 or later. I'm on 12.4. I assume I am installing correctly, ie. via the individual downloaded installers?

Let it install to the MacIntoshHD internal first, run concerto it will then do an initial scan and create a path file in the concerto/instruments folder, then copy the .rvr files to the external drive, go back to the options in the concerto plugin and set this path location, save this. Just don’t delete the rvr_paths.txt file in the original location. Reload and it should work.

• @knewspeak said:

@Cambler said:

@CapnWillie said:

@McD said:

Let it install to the MacIntoshHD internal first, run concerto it will then do an initial scan and create a path file in the concerto/instruments folder, then copy the .rvr files to the external drive, go back to the options in the concerto plugin and set this path location, save this. Just don’t delete the rvr_paths.txt file in the original location. Reload and it should work.

I was just typing this thanks @knewspeak , good luck @Cambler this worked for me.

• @Poppadocrock said:

From the article:

"All you need to do to access the entire Concerto collection for free is install the Roland Cloud Manager on your computer and log in to your Roland Cloud account (registration is free). Once installed, you can filter the discontinued libraries and install them on your computer, along with the Concerto plugin.

In your DAW, load the Concerto plugin to access the installed sound libraries."

• @knewspeak said:

@Cambler said:

@CapnWillie said:

@McD said:

Aha! Thanks so much @knewspeak. Will try tomorrow when I'm more than half awake. Also thanks @CapnWillie!

• edited July 12

Alrighty, I'm feeling stupid now. I can't seem to find Concerto? Is it an AU? I read that it gets automatically installed when you install a sample pack. Spank me at will.

[EDIT] I will save you all the trouble and spank myself. I had to go into Logic's plugin manager and manually activate it. Wee!