Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

resolving 60hz hum in DC set-up

I had been putting up with this for some time, trying to notch it out, assuming that the reason AC/DC converters are not grounded via 3-prong plug is because they are not subject to the hum AC gear is vulnerable to. But then I ran a wire from the switchplate screw on the receptacle to the chassis of my usb interface and all the noise ceased.

Comments

• Direct grounding :smile:
    I worked as a technician at an open-air festival, where they had an issue with a 50Hz hum in their PA-system on stage.
    The problem was the grounding of a large generator. So, we used a very large metal festival-tent peg beside the generator, hammered in the ground, and attached a wire to it to the chassis of the generator, peed on the peg :smile: and taddaa! problem solved.

• @Identor said:
    Direct grounding :smile:
    I worked as a technician at an open-air festival, where they had an issue with a 50Hz hum in their PA-system on stage.
    The problem was the grounding of a large generator. So, we used a very large metal festival-tent peg beside the generator, hammered in the ground, and attached a wire to it to the chassis of the generator, peed on the peg :smile: and taddaa! problem solved.

Haha, love it!

• POTP. The solution to all hum issues :D

• @Identor said:
    Direct grounding :smile:

That’s the way, I vaguely remember reading an electronic equipment manual that had this very solution for users in the USA, except the added urine. :D