Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Peripatetic Ambience of Xenophon's Moments of Sadness: a gauntlet thrown, and picked up :)

edited July 2022 in Creations

@ervin made a suggestion regarding titles recently. And so it came to pass: ladeezangennerman and those otherwise self-identifying, I give you:

The Peripatetic Ambience of Xenophon's Moments of Sadness

(Pretentious? Moi? Please take it up with the management.)

a.k.a Anabasis: or, a disquisition on the parallels between the historic long march ‘up country’ (‘anabasis’) through hostile territory by the mercenary army The Ten Thousand following the debacle of King Cyrus’ death, c. 401 BCE, as related by Xenophon, the man elected the army’s new leader, who proves himself a leader, and author, for the ages; and the travails of a fictional 1970’s New York street gang attempting to make it back to the home turf of Coney Island having been framed for the murder of a powerful rival gang leader - named Cyrus.

Truly: Sol Yurik, author of the gritty 1965 novel the much more, er, flared cult 1979 movie The Warriors was based on, deliberately used the plot of the historical event to fictionalise his own deep research into the rivalries between actual street gangs of mid 1960s New York -

https://slate.com/culture/2013/01/sol-yurick-author-of-the-warriors-is-dead-the-real-bronx-gangs-history-at-the-heart-of-the-novel-and-film.html

Fully realised as a sequenced generative patch solely on modular, recorded straight and live, no tweaking, apps or non modular fx, directly into AUM. Accompanying visuals CapCut and Glitch Studio, top n tailed in iMovie.

“And so they came, the Black and brown gangs of the Bronx. The smaller families—the Liberated Panthers, the King Cobras, the Majestic Warlocks, the Ghetto Warriors, the Flying Dutchmen. The hungry ones—the Young Sinners, the Young Cobras, the Young Saints, the Young Saigons, the Roman Kings. The established ones — the Turbans, the Brothers and Sisters, the Latin Aces, the Peacemakers, the Dirty Dozens, the Mongols. And the major families, the Javelins, the Bachelors, the Savage Nomads, the Savage Skulls, the Black Spades, and the Seven Immortals.” - Sol Yurik

Side note: Walter Hill’s still brilliant, kitsch, camp and thrilling movie has a powerhouse motorik opening which I clearly can’t hold a kopis to:

Comments

• Brilliant use of video. The music sounds dark and moody, a very interesting contrast to the bright colors in the video. I really like this!

• edited July 2022

Thank you! Glad you liked it. :) I am still slightly in awe of when my chimp-with-a-jack-lead approach to modular patching actually produces something vaguely coherent. It feels like catching lightning in a bottle. Unrepeatable jazz-magic. :)

• edited July 2022

Your title is better than: A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld.

PS: Nice intro with the gang leader (The Warriors), let's call it: A gang Leader Leader

• @Svetlovska said:
    @ervin made a suggestion regarding titles recently. And so it came to pass: ladeezangennerman and those otherwise self-identifying, I give you:

The Peripatetic Ambience of Xenophon's Moments of Sadness

An absolute gem of a piece. 👍
    My work here is done.

• Very interesting video.
    The musical pierce is quite enjoyable.
    Great work

• @Identor : gang leader leader… very funny ! :)
    @ervin: ha! Thank you for the, er… inspiration :)
    @ReneAsologuitar : thank you, I’ll take ‘quite enjoyable’ to the bank. :) Frankly if I get more than very expensive farting noises out of my modular on any given day I consider it a win, so, yeah - thank you!