Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FLEKSI - eye4eye 👁 👁 👁 mosty Made in Drambo

As usual from me a live jam, this time completely from scratch.
All of the synths, drums and physical modelling as well as effects made from scratch in Drambo.
Now that I have an Effectrix style Drambo effect rack and buffer modules I’m using Turnado less and less which is a pretty crazy thing to say as it is a performance king multieffect.

I’ve multi-sampled my acoustic kit which I play here on Roland SPDS that is used purely as a controller.

The same goes for Novation Circuit Tracks that acts as a midi controller as well. The internal sounds just are no match for flexibility of Drambo.

Any questions just shoot.

Comments

• Nice one.
    Really good work.

🙏🏾

• Tasty palette of sounds.. great performance.. like the compactness of your whole rig.. 👍
    If you were playing anywhere near my neighborhood, I wouldn’t hesitate in the slightest to come hear you..
    I guess when you take the time to learn the ins + outs of Drambo, this could be the result.. but you also need to be musically talented.. which you definitely are..
    Groovy stuff!

• Massive groove with your usual tasty live seasonings. Ready for the club!

Great to see the boppad in action and it works perfectly how you set it up. I’m most intrigued by the effectrix module; can we see more? Are you using it in that cool syncopated weirdness section at the 5:20 mark?

• @Gravitas said:
    Nice one.
    Really good work.

🙏🏾

Cheers man, always appreciated!

• edited July 2022

@royor said:
    Tasty palette of sounds.. great performance.. like the compactness of your whole rig.. 👍
    If you were playing anywhere near my neighborhood, I wouldn’t hesitate in the slightest to come hear you..
    I guess when you take the time to learn the ins + outs of Drambo, this could be the result.. but you also need to be musically talented.. which you definitely are..
    Groovy stuff!

Thanks! 🙏

I guess it’s the question of how much you put in being directly proportional to how much you get out. IOS isn’t necessarily a good place for focus, with hundreds of cheap apps floating about.

For me this has changed immeasurably when Drambo appeared on the scene. There is finally an app one can focus on, that will almost certainly reward the user with great sounds and flexibility. It’s actually hard to believe it really exists!

I find it easy to explore because each step of the journey rewards me with sonic magic.

As for musical talent, I think that if the pull to do something is strong enough, the better musician you want to be will emerge. I used to be quite good at drawing when I was a teenager, universally praised by my peers. I’ve stopped though, to focus on music and when I pick up a pencil now I’m just about average. In contrast, I’ve been hitting that music nail for the last 35 years, so I’m glad it shows! 😇😋

• edited July 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Massive groove with your usual tasty live seasonings. Ready for the club!

Great to see the boppad in action and it works perfectly how you set it up. I’m most intrigued by the effectrix module; can we see more? Are you using it in that cool syncopated weirdness section at the 5:20 mark?

Thanks. No, at 5.20 is another Drambo secret, the buffer rescan module. I use it on everything including drums for some off beat forward and reverse repetitions but it’s really great on melodic material because it adds unexpected melodies that can be quite beautiful and are strangely musical.

The Beat Moosh (Effectrix rip off) is already on patch storage. You can hear it around 3:16 over the sounds played on the boppad.

https://patchstorage.com/beat-moosh/

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Massive groove with your usual tasty live seasonings. Ready for the club!

Thanks. No, at 5.20 is another Drambo secret, the buffer rescan module. I use it on everything including drums for some off beat forward and reverse repetitions but it’s really great on melodic material because it adds unexpected melodies that can be quite beautiful and are strangely musical.

Yeah, the "Buffer rescan" is wicked.

The Beat Moosh (Effectrix rip off) is already on patch storage. You can hear it around 3:16 over the sounds played on the boppad.

This was the one that inspired one of my performance effects.
    Really cool.

• @supadom said:

Thanks for the tip on beat-moosh. Downloading now!

I had an inkling that the 5:20 mark was the buffer rescan; thanks for confirming. I ran across the buffer rescan using @childofthecorndog modules (CHOADelay for instance) and I love the sound of that effect. You gave me new ideas for how to use it.

Good stuff, mate!

• Wow, this is a great lesson.
    I have never seen how this is done.
    And this is not easy to do, lovely combination of instrumentation.
    Great work here.
    I love it!
    Rene

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

Thanks for the tip on beat-moosh. Downloading now!

I had an inkling that the 5:20 mark was the buffer rescan; thanks for confirming. I ran across the buffer rescan using @childofthecorndog modules (CHOADelay for instance) and I love the sound of that effect. You gave me new ideas for how to use it.

Good stuff, mate!

Cool, I’ll definitely check CHOAD out. There’s so much in Patchstorage and everyone seems to have a different way of going about stuff, which is a great to learn but at times not for the light hearted. It’s almost like getting and learning a new app! 😂😅

• Very fun to watch. Thinking 1990, 2022 and 2050. If the change from 1990 to now is so significant what will 2050 look and sound like? Maybe all done in VR like Cruise in Minority Report. Maybe just a sensor adhering to your temple.

• I must say that over the years I always find myself really inspired after watching a Fleksi performance . I guess your approach and style to constructing a performance resonates strongly with my own. It is great to see your evolution. I hear what you say about the need to stay focused in a sea of apps and new hardware possibilities. I have gone back to hardware a lot in the last three years or so, but it is mainly to do with the problems associated with Ipad.
    I mean, mostly, sound glitches on switching apps, or worse, the occasional crash.
    Still, I am inspired enough to try putting together a hybrid rig and using something like Drambo as a multi fx, if not, a sequencer. Good to see you still hanging in with Samplr !
    Well done, I like the groove!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very fun to watch. Thinking 1990, 2022 and 2050. If the change from 1990 to now is so significant what will 2050 look and sound like? Maybe all done in VR like Cruise in Minority Report. Maybe just a sensor adhering to your temple.

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the trip. I guess the plan is to create a time machine that lets me do all the above as well as have the unlimited control over overall tempo and loudness as if playing an individual instrument. It takes a lot of brain juice but I guess so it does mastering an individual instrument.

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Wow, this is a great lesson.
    I have never seen how this is done.
    And this is not easy to do, lovely combination of instrumentation.
    Great work here.
    I love it!
    Rene

Thank you. It’s great to share with the likeminded crowd. ❤️🔥

• This is sick. Thanks for sharing your work. Glad I checked it out

• edited July 2022

@Jes said:
    I must say that over the years I always find myself really inspired after watching a Fleksi performance . I guess your approach and style to constructing a performance resonates strongly with my own. It is great to see your evolution. I hear what you say about the need to stay focused in a sea of apps and new hardware possibilities. I have gone back to hardware a lot in the last three years or so, but it is mainly to do with the problems associated with Ipad.
    I mean, mostly, sound glitches on switching apps, or worse, the occasional crash.
    Still, I am inspired enough to try putting together a hybrid rig and using something like Drambo as a multi fx, if not, a sequencer. Good to see you still hanging in with Samplr !
    Well done, I like the groove!

Thanks! 🙏

Not only hanging in with but really hoping it will go AU!! 😬

As for hard vs software. I would probably be using a hardware box if they weren’t so bloody rigid but I guess finding ways to combine apps and controllers is an exciting and enjoyable journey in itself. That is not to say that it is pain free. Far from it, as well you know ;).

Drambo is very close to satisfying my every need and I’ve been bugging the developer to code a little looper module so I can finally move on from Loopy HD that has served me well for the last decade (!!).

I guess it is courses for horses but unless your rig can do all of the things you want it to, it’s not good enough!!! 😂

• @myapologies said:
    This is sick. Thanks for sharing your work. Glad I checked it out

Thank you!

I have another, a bit longer jam that I’m about to upload. I’ll drop it on the forum when ready.

• @supadom said:

That was really good use of it. 👍