Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM and iPad internal mic

I've spent a couple of hours trying to sort this, so apologies if it's a regular question, I am close to smashing my head repeatedly into my keyboard. AUM picks up my internal mic, so I get a weird double/ echo/ hit when I play any external instrument. If I go into settings and disable the internal mic for AUM, it tells me I've denied it audio recording permissions and won't show the USB input, or let me do anything with it. I've tried adding the internal mic so I can just turn it down?? But I can't find it.

Please, save me!

Comments

• @muumo23 said:
    I've spent a couple of hours trying to sort this, so apologies if it's a regular question, I am close to smashing my head repeatedly into my keyboard. AUM picks up my internal mic, so I get a weird double/ echo/ hit when I play any external instrument. If I go into settings and disable the internal mic for AUM, it tells me I've denied it audio recording permissions and won't show the USB input, or let me do anything with it. I've tried adding the internal mic so I can just turn it down?? But I can't find it.

Please, save me!

Show a picture of your AUM session . it sounds like you have the mic/system input as an inputting node. Remove it, mute or disengage it. If there isn’t such a node, something else is responsible,

• wimwim
    edited July 2022

Is it possible that you’re plugging in headphones with a built-in microphone after plugging in a USB audio interface?

IOS only allows one audio input device at a time. The last one takes over. Headphones or earbuds with a microphone are considered an audio input device.

If this is the case, then plug the earbuds in first, followed by the USB interface. Leave access to the microphone ON in iOS settings. AUM wont work without that.

• @muumo23, is it possible that this is not from the mic at all? Are you maybe playing an iPad instrument app or AUv3 as well as the external instrument?

• @wim said:
    Is it possible that you’re plugging in headphones with a built-in microphone after plugging in a USB audio interface?

IOS only allows one audio input device at a time. The last one takes over. Headphones or earbuds with a microphone are considered an audio input device.

If this is the case, then plug the earbuds in first, followed by the USB interface. Leave access to the microphone ON in iOS settings. AUM wont work without that.

Actually, AUM does work without microphone access. I don't know about accessing an audio interface, and it certainly cannot access the mic, but all other functions work: audio out to internal speakers, BT speakers, DAC output, IAA apps, AUv3, MIDI controllers.