Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beginner question (sending midi)

Hello folks.

I've been messing around with apps and iPad for making music for ages. I've separately been messing around with groove boxes )digitakt, MC101 for a while also. I have decided to try and combine the two and send midi to my boxes from the iPad, instead of fiddling with the mc101s quite fiddly sequencer.

My questions are;

1)Is it possible to send midi to my Roland mc101 from DRAMBO? Like a bass line , and have my MC101 play it?

2) can I send MIDI to my MC101 and also have OTHER channels in DRAMBO producing audio? Like other melody and rhythm tracks? So sending midi and also playing music elsewhere on other tracks?

3) what cables etc do I need to do this? I feel a bit lost as to the technical aspects of this.

Hope these questions made sense. I live the idea of using Drambo to send notes to my mc101 and combining my love for hardware and IOS!