Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Decent sampler - problems loading in Audiobus and AUM

Wonder if anyone can help or if others are experiencing this. Decent Sampler will load as a standalone but is not recognised in Audiobus or AUM.
15.5 IOS Ipad Air 3rd gen.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Same here after the update

• Yes, me too.

• Same here...

• edited July 2022

In standalone-mode DS shows on start:

Developer Tools - Log console:

• edited July 2022

I have filled in the Contact form on https://www.decentsamples.com/contact/ and pointed to this post. Probably not the right place?

• edited July 2022

There was a very quick answer:

„Hi,

Thanks for the message. There's a new version in the App Store pipeline that fixes this problem. It will hopefully be approved by Apple later today.

Would you possibly be able to post this reply to the message board?

Thanks!!

—Dave“

• edited July 2022

Update just released on the appstore.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/decent-sampler/id1530441977

• edited July 2022

Since getting into iOS music I have done a fair number of searches on the app store with the word “sampler”. Never saw this app before this thread (Its a nice product). Same with Anilog and searching synths.
    How does this happen and how are devs supposed to sell their wares like this?
    Do the devs know about it but can’t do anything or never tried searching for their own apps and so never noticed they dont turn up in searches?

• Glad this was a quick fix as I really like this app. The new soviet synth sample pack sounds great.

• @BirbHope said:
    Since getting into iOS music I have done a fair number of searches on the app store with the word “sampler”. Never saw this app before this thread (Its a nice product). Same with Anilog and searching synths.
    Do the devs know about it but can’t do anything or never tried searching for their own apps and so never noticed they dont turn up in searches?

Developers that rely on App Store discoverability are in trouble -- I think most serious developers know that the App Store search algorithms are rubbish -- and so they try to cultivate awareness of their apps by seeding the software with people that will spread the word -- and by periodically participating in forums like this one -- some find, though, that the earnings are measly enough to not be worth a large investment of time.

It is kind of amazing that the App Store has only gotten worse over time (or more accurately, the brokenness of their algorithms results in worse and worse performance as the number of apps in the app store increases).

• @espiegel123 said:

@BirbHope said:

Developers that rely on App Store discoverability are in trouble -- I think most serious developers know that the App Store search algorithms are rubbish -- and so they try to cultivate awareness of their apps by seeding the software with people that will spread the word -- and by periodically participating in forums like this one -- some find, though, that the earnings are measly enough to not be worth a large investment of time.

It is kind of amazing that the App Store has only gotten worse over time (or more accurately, the brokenness of their algorithms results in worse and worse performance as the number of apps in the app store increases).

This is sad.
    I find it strange that Apple has no sense of obligation to its devs and users in this regard.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • .> @BirbHope said:

Check out Spitfire Audio’s Pianobook. pianobook.co.uk It’s a community of samplists releasing hundreds of pretty awesome instruments for free. (You need a free account). Decent Sampler is a format that many of the instruments are made in. At one point Christian Henson of Spitfire had a video with the thumbnail reading “Kontakt Killer?!” Referring to Decent Sampler which is free. If you sign up for an account you can search for what’s available in Decent Sampler format and when downloaded, you can open the zip file in Decent sampler for iOS. Sometimes you have to do it a few times but it eventually works. Keep in mind some instruments are huge in file size but many are reasonably small.

It surprises me there isn’t more enthusiasm for Decent Sampler here.

• @maxwellhouser said:
    .> @BirbHope said:

Check out Spitfire Audio’s Pianobook. pianobook.co.uk It’s a community of samplists releasing hundreds of pretty awesome instruments for free. (You need a free account). Decent Sampler is a format that many of the instruments are made in. At one point Christian Henson of Spitfire had a video with the thumbnail reading “Kontakt Killer?!” Referring to Decent Sampler which is free. If you sign up for an account you can search for what’s available in Decent Sampler format and when downloaded, you can open the zip file in Decent sampler for iOS. Sometimes you have to do it a few times but it eventually works. Keep in mind some instruments are huge in file size but many are reasonably small.

There are a number of enthusiasts, but DS has been a mixed bag in terms of stability and performance.

• @maxwellhouser said:
    .> @BirbHope said:

Thanks for the background. Checking it out now

• edited July 2022

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    Scratch the no audio…had something set wrong in Cubasis. XML error popup still though…

Answer from Dave: „The XML error is already fixed and will be in the next release.“