Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Loopers for iOS - any good ones?

2»

Comments

• @pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

@pax-eterna said:
    MTR has no tempo control that I can see. Seems it was more designed for MPE data than anything else. haha ok if you have good timing!

It runs in a host and the host takes care of the tempo control. It’s not designed for MPE data any more than anything else. It’s designed to be robust enough and accurate enough to be able to handle MPE, but doesn’t give a rip what kind of MIDI data is thrown at it.

Fair...I'd prefer something that has some sort of tempo guidance when laying the first loop - my adherence to strict tempo is pretty ordinary hahaha!

If you are looking for a looper that gets its tempo from the first loop you record -- I don't know if any of the loopers mentioned will do that.

• @pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

@pax-eterna said:
    MTR has no tempo control that I can see. Seems it was more designed for MPE data than anything else. haha ok if you have good timing!

It runs in a host and the host takes care of the tempo control. It’s not designed for MPE data any more than anything else. It’s designed to be robust enough and accurate enough to be able to handle MPE, but doesn’t give a rip what kind of MIDI data is thrown at it.

Fair...I'd prefer something that has some sort of tempo guidance when laying the first loop - my adherence to strict tempo is pretty ordinary hahaha!

Unless you're using a host that doesn't provide a metronome, I don't see why that's an issue.
    But hey, not tryin' to talk you into anything. Just putting the info out there.

• @wim said:

Unless you're using a host that doesn't provide a metronome, I don't see why that's an issue.

Yeah, true

• @pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

Yeah, true

Fwiw, the looper script that comes with streambyter is tempo agnostic. You could probably set it up in loopy pro so that the same triggers start and stop the midi loop recording and capture the audio and set the tempo based on the loop to boot.

• @pax-eterna said:
    I found MIDI Looper LIVE...but not a lot more.

I had a quick look at Loopy Pro, but while relatively easy to get audio loops down, it seemed a lot more complicated to do MIDI loops out to iOS synths.

Try Zenbeats , the free version doesn't support AUs but you can try it with the built-in instruments to check the workflow
    Or you could start subscription with one month free trial ( you can also pay it once if you like it ,it's not only subscription based )

• MOD STEP is a MIDI looper only. It is still in the App store.
    It is setup like Ableton Live. I found it a little difficult to operate; but it is pretty comprehensive.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/modstep/id966990643

GENOME MIDI Sequencer is another one: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/genome-midi-sequencer/id450475494

Both are not AUv3, but Inter App only.