Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steel Guitar Pro—List of Problem Areas For Yonac To Improve This Wonderful App

13»

Comments

• @McD said:

@sujoybose77 said:
    ... Garage Band guitar interface allows strumming chord by tapping one fret.

I need to check that out. One fret? Does the fret provide a chord clue to trigger? or is it just a
    trigger and the chord is defined via another mechanism like a time-based/sync'ed progression?

Check out this video at 1:38.. Even though he is strumming you can play the chord just by tapping at the top where chord name is present. You select a scale first and GB lays out 8 possible chords in that scale.

• I’ve experienced several times where I’ve restored a session in AUM including SGP (maybe several instances) and the settings are saved but at least one instance produces no sound until I remove and re-add the AUv3 for that track.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@sujoybose77 said:
    Can Steel Guitar Pro be played with Geoshred or Velocity KeyBoard via midi routing in AUM? Does it provide a realistic pitch bend to perform long slides by using Geoshred?

I have not tried, but my understanding is that the pitch bend range is only 12. This suggests that it will not work well with external controllers for long meends/portamentos.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr Long meends and portamentos actually work even with pitch bend range 12. I made velocity keyboard work with SGP in MPE4 mode (which is one channel per string mode in Velocity Keyboard) and then set PBR 12 in both SGP (check settings) and in VKB. Here is a demo I posted earlier with a smooth pitch bend I was able to achieve even with PBR 12 -

The only problem since SGP supports pitch bend only in four channels (CH1-4) I can not have two meends simultaneously in two different strings of VKB which is very much needed for the pedal steel type style. For that SGP has to support Pitch Bend in at least 8 channels. This was one of the review comments in play store also.

• @yonac, loving the sound of this. Thanks for all your great apps. Ikm using Steel Guitar Pro in Cu using Cubasis3. with a digital piano. The sustain does not work, however. Any possibility of enabling that in an update?

• @McD said:

@sujoybose77 said:

I need to check that out. One fret? Does the fret provide a chord clue to trigger? or is it just a
    trigger and the chord is defined via another mechanism like a time-based/sync'ed progression?

You've seriously never used these features in GarageBand? This has been part of the iOS app forever. Consider my mind blown.

• @NeuM said:

@McD said:

@sujoybose77 said:

You've seriously never used these features in GarageBand? This has been part of the iOS app forever. Consider my mind blown.

I have never used GarageBand except to answer some questions here… like MIDI file import export, interfacing with AUM, etc. Once I research the answer I forget everything about what I learned.

In my last GarageBand experience, I thought “Damn, this sounds good.” Still, until Apple opens it as a good citizen with my purchased apps and music file standards and specs, I’m not going there.

• I started 7 instances of Steel Guitar Pro in AUM and set them sequentially to listen to MIDI 2-8 and 16.

Then I added a Velocity Keyboard instance with:
    MPE Keyboard configuration
    Interface Layout = “Strings - Poly Row”
    MIDI Format “MPE 4 - 1 channel per string”
    Bend Range = 12

Then I started Mozaic with these lines for the script. JUST THESE 5 LINES.
    They convert all Pitch Bends (0xE0-0xEF) to Channel 16 (Programmers use 15 since 1 starts at 0).
    I think Streambyter can do this in 1 line.

@OnMIDIInput
       if MIDICommand >= 0xE0
         SendMIDIOut (15+MIDICommand), MIDIByte2, MIDIByte3
       endif  
    @End

This Mozaic instance gets it’s input from Velocity Keyboard which embeds pitch bends on channels 2-8 for each string.

Each SGP instance is configured sequentially on MIDI 2 to 8 and Channel 16.
    Each SGP gets MIDI input from Velcocity Keyboard and the Mozaic instance.

This creates an SGP Cluster that implements MPE.

• Not a problem but a feature request for @yonac . Could there be an option to have the playing area on the left and the strings on the right as per the Lefty option but with the frets still ascending left to right as per the ‘righty’ default. This is just me being arthritic as it’s far easier for me to play the strings with my left and move the slider with my right. Thank you!

• @GeoTony said:
    Not a problem but a feature request for @yonac . Could there be an option to have the playing area on the left and the strings on the right as per the Lefty option but with the frets still ascending left to right as per the ‘righty’ default. This is just me being arthritic as it’s far easier for me to play the strings with my left and move the slider with my right. Thank you!

Good idea, GT.