Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Website for Selling Used Gear? Reverb? Ebay? Other?

Hey!

I need a piece of advice and I'm sure I will find good advice here.

I bought and sold A LOT a music gear these past 15 years. But I was in Montreal, a big city, so it's always easier to sell stuff there.

But now I live in a small town and it's more difficult to sell musical gear localy.

For this reason, I was looking for alternative.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Ebay looks like a website near his ends.

Reverb? Everything is more expensive on Reverb that what I'm used to.

If you want 150$ in your pocket for the thing that you sell, now you have to add the fees of Reverb + shipping.

Any others alternative?

Is it easy so sell on Reverb? And do I have to refund a customer that is not happy with what I sold to him? Obviously, I always try to write the more precise ad possible to avoid surprises.

I have a couple of thing to sell and I'm probably will go with Reverb, but I'm just curious to read your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks!

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Hey!

I need a piece of advice and I'm sure I will find good advice here.

I bought and sold A LOT a music gear these past 15 years. But I was in Montreal, a big city, so it's always easier to sell stuff there.

But now I live in a small town and it's more difficult to sell musical gear localy.

For this reason, I was looking for alternative.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Ebay looks like a website near his ends.

Reverb? Everything is more expensive on Reverb that what I'm used to.

If you want 150$ in your pocket for the thing that you sell, now you have to add the fees of Reverb + shipping.

Any others alternative?

Is it easy so sell on Reverb? And do I have to refund a customer that is not happy with what I sold to him? Obviously, I always try to write the more precise ad possible to avoid surprises.

I have a couple of thing to sell and I'm probably will go with Reverb, but I'm just curious to read your thoughts on the topic.

Thanks!

I want to sell a couple of things and figured I’d be using ebay, kajiji or craigslist. I’ve bought and sold things on all three through the years.
    I didnt know ebay was on the way out. I used it heavily over the last 5-6 years but for collecting vintage dip-pen nibs, not musical instruments. The nib scene seems pretty lively on ebay lol.
    I sold my mother-in law’s really cruddy old 80’s stereo system on kajiji a couple of years ago. It was sold within 2 days.

• edited June 2022

You can list on both at the same time. If it sell on eBay, you take down the reverb ad at no cost.
    Ebay is cheaper, at least in the US. 3.5% vs 5%.

I've slowly gone back to ebay. Ebay seems to help far more when there are disputes. Reverb seems to be on the side of reverb.

Edit: that being said, i have no issues selling on reverb if it sells.

• You can sell for no cost on SweetWater. I sold a keyboard there, no problem.

• We have a place called Music-go-round here in the Rockies. But there are stores elsewhere IIRC

• Facebook Marketplace is a popular one, though I tend to have better luck on Craigslist in terms of how much I can sell things for.

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    We have a place called Music-go-round here in the Rockies. But there are stores elsewhere IIRC

They have a couple in the St. Louis area as well. That place is awesome for rack gear and mixers when I need to buy something like that and give pretty decent payouts for used gear.

• @Tarekith said:
    Facebook Marketplace is a popular one, though I tend to have better luck on Craigslist in terms of how much I can sell things for.

I don't have a FB account, but my sister put a couple of ads for me. Here is how it always ends:

Me placing my ad:

"Description of the item + YES IF THE AD IS ONLINE, IT'S AVAILABLE".

Person1:"Is you item available?"

Me:"Yes, when do yo wanna take it?"

Person1" ............................................"

No news, no comment, nothing.

• edited June 2022

Yeah, bots are an issue on all the main places you can sell gear sadly. I always ignore inquiries that seem to be blatantly ignoring the details in my for sale posts.

• @Montreal_Music : what makes you think eBay is on its way out?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    You can list on both at the same time. If it sell on eBay, you take down the reverb ad at no cost.

I've slowly gone back to ebay. Ebay seems to help far more when there are disputes. Reverb seems to be on the side of reverb.

It’s against eBay’s terms and conditions to list items for sale on other platforms.

• On Facebook in UK we have a group “Synths for Sale UK” seem quite popular. Not sure if you have a similar group across the pond.

• @robosardine said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

It’s against eBay’s terms and conditions to list items for sale on other platforms.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

eBay charges a whopping 12.9% on gear that isn’t a guitar or bass. Specifically the guitar and bass category 6%. That pricing oddity is definitely a direct response to Reverb’s much lower 5% fees. I use Reverb for that reason, and subjectively believe it has been around long enough to be on musicians’ radar.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

• @Processaurus said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

eBay charges a whopping 12.9% on gear that isn’t a guitar or bass. Specifically the guitar and bass category 6%. That pricing oddity is definitely a direct response to Reverb’s much lower 5% fees. I use Reverb for that reason, and subjectively believe it has been around long enough to be on musicians’ radar.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

fees must have changed. I knew they wouldnt keep it at 3.5% for long. either way, i dont care. i'm not gonna bicker over a few bucks. whatever gets it out of my door quickly.

i find it super irritating on reverb when you allow offers, you have 12 people watching your listing, but no one reaches out. And it stays there for months. There should be a method to email all those watchers (they can remain anonymous) and make a blanket offer to anyone watching.

i also dont think they are real people most of the time...the watchers...

• People may be watching just to observe price development ;)