Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFM Tutorials: Scaler 2

Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 - Tutorial 1: Introduction to Scaler 2

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

This video is an introduction to the new series of tutorials for Scaler 2 for iOS. Please let me have your comments to check if you would be interested in more tutorials on Scaler 2.

I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

«1

Comments

  • Looking forward to more on this from you Leo. Particularly, how to integrate it with Drambo as they are great companions.

    I think the Seq is a very deep and powerful area of scaler 2 that many people overlook. This is where I lay out and write lyrics and complete songs.

    Anyways, thanks!

  • Thank you, Leo. A lot of respect to you making this great tutorials without 'free' give aways!

  • Thanks, looking forward to these tutorials..

  • edited June 29

    Thanks a lot for your detailed Videos. Much respect to you Leo for your constant work.

  • I would definitely be interested in a full series about this app, Leo!

  • Me too.

  • Me three. I’m counting on it actually @sfm :smile:

  • Ok, understood :)

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 2: Introduction to Chord and Scale Detection

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    This video is an introduction on how to use Scaler 2 to detect chords and scale via midi and audio inside AUM.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • Set-up of Scaler 2 as an audio source
    • Detection of Chords and Scales via Midi external controller
    • Detection of Chords and Scales via another midi source inside AUM
    • Set-up of Scaler 2 as an Inserts and Effects
    • Detection of Chords and Scales via Audio Source from another AUv3 instance inside AUM
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 3: Scales, voicing, variations

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to search for scales, chords over scales, voicing, variations etc.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to browse scales
    • How to set the key and type of scale
    • How to search scales by keyword
    • How to explore chords over the scale selected
    • How to add voicing to chords over scales
    • How to search for chord variations over scales
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 4: Midi Bind - Play chords with a single finger / note

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use midi bindings.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to search for a scale
    • How to select a scale and apply midi bind
    • How to change display position and size
    • How to change midi bind positions by tone and octave
    • How to change midi bind to keys from whole notes, to all to true scale
    • How to use midi bind to play chords with only one finger
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 5: How to use Keys-Lock Mode (it is awesome)

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use Keys-Lock.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to search for a scale
    • How to select a scale and show the triads for each notes of the scale
    • How to activate Keys-lock
    • How each Keys-Lock Mode work
    • How Chord Mute work
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Great videos

  • Wonderful work @sfm!

  • edited July 5

    @sfm said:
    Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 3: Scales, voicing, variations

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to search for scales, chords over scales, voicing, variations etc.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to browse scales
    • How to set the key and type of scale
    • How to search scales by keyword
    • How to explore chords over the scale selected
    • How to add voicing to chords over scales
    • How to search for chord variations over scales
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

    Nice.. So I guess this is where ‘Suggest’ comes in… One could not know all those different type of chords to build a great progression… Maybe a tutorial on the Suggest Button being applied, would help..

    Thanks..

  • @RajahP said:

    @sfm said:
    Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 3: Scales, voicing, variations

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to search for scales, chords over scales, voicing, variations etc.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to browse scales
    • How to set the key and type of scale
    • How to search scales by keyword
    • How to explore chords over the scale selected
    • How to add voicing to chords over scales
    • How to search for chord variations over scales
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

    Nice.. So I guess this is where ‘Suggest’ comes in… One could not know all those different type of chords to build a great progression… Maybe a tutorial on the Suggest Button being applied, would help..

    Thanks..

    It is coming, many more are planned… :)

  • @sfm said:

    @RajahP said:

    @sfm said:
    Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 3: Scales, voicing, variations

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to search for scales, chords over scales, voicing, variations etc.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to browse scales
    • How to set the key and type of scale
    • How to search scales by keyword
    • How to explore chords over the scale selected
    • How to add voicing to chords over scales
    • How to search for chord variations over scales
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

    Nice.. So I guess this is where ‘Suggest’ comes in… One could not know all those different type of chords to build a great progression… Maybe a tutorial on the Suggest Button being applied, would help..

    Thanks..

    It is coming, many more are planned… :)

    Thanks.. they are very helpful..

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 6: Introduction to the amazing Perform Mode

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use the Perform Modes.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to use the Arpeggio
    • How to use Strumming
    • How to use Performances
    • How to use melodic Phrases
    • How to create chords Rhythms
    • How to create Bass lines
    • How to create Melody lines
    • How to create Sequences
    • How to create Strummed Sequences
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 7: Sync function, start a new song with Perform Mode

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use the Sync function and start creating new songs using the Perfom Mode.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to create multiple instances of Scaler 2 inside AUM
    • How to duplicate audio channels in AUM and instantiate another instance of Scaler 2 with the same chord progression
    • How to use the Sync function to copy settings between instances of Scaler 2 inside AUM as a host
    • How to start creating a new song using Perfom Mode and multiple instances of Scaler 2 inside AUM
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 8: How to use the Voicing-Lock Mode

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use the Voicing-Lock functionality in Scaler 2.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to apply Voicing Lock to a chord progression
    • How to use Dynamic configurations
    • How to use Grouping configurations
    • How to optimise voicings for guitar neck
    • How to use Drop- X for voicings
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 9: How to Humanize your Chord Progression

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explore how to use the Humanize Function of Scaler 2.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to use Scaler 2 inside Cubasis on multiple Midi Track
    • How to use the Humanise function for Velocity and Timings and both
    • How to quantise and add swing to your chord progression
    • How to sync multiple instances of Scaler 2 inside Cubasis
    • How to record a Scaler 2 Chord Progression into a Midi Track
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 10: Short tutorial on View Selector

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this short video we are going to explore how to quickly use the view selector.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to use the view selector to change views
    • How to show guitar fretboard
    • How to change the fretboard tuning
    • How to change from notes, to depress and intervals on the fretboard
    • How to show chord charts
    • How to send a Midi Panic message
    • How to disable and enable detection for notes and chords
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 11: How to use Chord Sets and create the start of a Song

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to explain how to explore and select Chord Sets and how to use them to start creating a song.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to use the Chord Sets by Songs, Artists and Users
    • How to manage, import and share User Chord Sets
    • How to transpose up and down by semitones a Chord Sets
    • How to maintain the scale, tonic or force a Chord Set to a specific scale
    • How to create the start of a song using multiple Audio Channel and multiple instances of Scaler 2
    • How to drive a synth like Bleass Monolit using ScalerControl 2 as a Midi processor inside AUM
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 12: Introduction to the Progression Builder

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to introduce the Progression Builder.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to add chords to the progression builder
    • How to remove patterns
    • How to add patterns
    • How to duplicate patterns
    • How to clear patterns
    • How to add chords to a current pattern, a new pattern or a specific pattern
    • How to swap and copy chord in a pattern
    • How to rename patterns
    • How to drag and drop chords into a pattern
    • How to save chord progression to the User area of Chord Sets
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 13: Suggest Mode inside Progression Builder (Scaler 2 will suggest chords)

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to cover how the suggest mode works inside the Progression Builder.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to create a chord progression inside progression builder
    • How to remove one or multiple chords
    • How to use the suggest mode
    • How to suggest chords within the scale
    • How to suggest chords outside the scale but within the tonal mode of the current chord progression
    • How to fill the pattern with suggested chords
    • How to replace the pattern using suggested chords
    • How to use the detect mode inside the suggest mode
    • How to minimise chord changes as part of the chords suggested
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

  • @sfm said:
    Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 13: Suggest Mode inside Progression Builder (Scaler 2 will suggest chords)

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to cover how the suggest mode works inside the Progression Builder.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to create a chord progression inside progression builder
    • How to remove one or multiple chords
    • How to use the suggest mode
    • How to suggest chords within the scale
    • How to suggest chords outside the scale but within the tonal mode of the current chord progression
    • How to fill the pattern with suggested chords
    • How to replace the pattern using suggested chords
    • How to use the detect mode inside the suggest mode
    • How to minimise chord changes as part of the chords suggested
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

    Nice.. Thanks..

  • Leo, your videos are fabulous. You really do very professional and « straight to the points » content. It’s always a pleasure to watch what you are producing. Thanks again for this!

  • @cuscolima said:
    Leo, your videos are fabulous. You really do very professional and « straight to the points » content. It’s always a pleasure to watch what you are producing. Thanks again for this!

    Thank you

  • Scaler Plugin Scaler 2 for iOS - Tutorial 14: Introduction to the Sequencer (Fantastic!)

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scaler-2/id1603180235

    In this video we are going to introduce the Sequencer inside Scaler 2.

    This video covers the following product demonstration:

    • How to create a chord progression inside progression builder
    • How to move to the Sequencer View
    • How to use undo and redo
    • How to apply voicing changes as octave, inversion and transpose to each chord
    • How to change the duration and repetition of each chords via the Playback Timing section
    • How to set global chord duration
    • How to create new group linked to perform modes for each chord in the chord progression via the Playback Performances Section
    • Etc.

    I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe.

Sign In or Register to comment.