Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo 2.0 Is The Schrödinger‘s Cat Of iOS

13»

Comments

• @rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 Drambo has its own sidechain compressor.

How to setup rs.

Iv got audio going to input and sidechain of 808 to compressor.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:

@ervin said:

@AppJunky said:

@echoopera said:
    We don't need a traditional Timeline Editor in Drambo. It's not that kind of DAW. Once you learn to use Drambo for how it is designed, you will realize the inherent power of the app and won't be reliant on more traditional ways of building songs.

The timeline is dead, long live Drambo :smiley:

I do agree 👍

God give me the confidence! 👍
    It must be a warm fuzzy feeling to know how other people want to work and what they need. 😉

Jokes aside, long live both approaches. But counterpoint to the above: timelines are important, too - if for no other reason, it's good to have some Islands of actual songs left here and there in the ever expanding sea of repetitive blocks of stuff.

I think the point is, do you need both a traditional timeline and clips based timeline in the same DAW?

Of course both timelines, and the results thereof, are important (though in reality you don’t hear that many complete songs here) but, if you want traditional use Cubasis 3 or NS2 and if you want clips based, use Drambo or LK 🤷‍♂️

So many more advanced things for Giku to spend his time on, as he has proven, than to replicate what’s gone before, in the past.

Fair. The only app I am aware has both under the same hood is Garageband/Logic and I'm puzzled with that duality already, so I'll have to concede that point. 🤷

(BTW, I just realised that the unconscious reason for my pro-timeline comment is probably that I have been listening to Silk Sonic earlier today and found it amazing how they repurposed and expanded old-school music into something fresh and liberating.)

• My setup.

I made a drum bus so synths from other ipad dont use schlap and drums sounded dodge because bus were before fx but put schlap after fx.

So sidechain kick and bass. Drums through sends and also to drum bus (schlap)

Word samples not through schlap but through fx.

Then to output which includes another ipad. Where there is limiter. Morphit and a smoove. For all sounds including drums. Word. Synths of other ipad.

If I mix else where I just need to mix. Eq. Then a smoov?

Just need sidechain rs.

Thanks

• I routed fx to bus instead of out. So fx also go through shclap. Which means word samples will go through schlap?

Unless Id also send words through schlap.

Should I just make that track on other ipad. So it can be a smoov along with synths?

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:

@sigma79 said:
    Just need sidechain rs

At the risk of getting involved in a conversation I shouldn’t…this might help.

The Input track needs to be placed before the track you want side chaining.

Hold and drag tracks in ‘Main’ to move their order🤞😬

Yes, and make sure you're using the correct signal for side chaining. It's the signal that you've chosen to have the compressor output level "duck" upon.

• @AppJunky said:

@sigma79 said:
    Just need sidechain rs

At the risk of getting involved in a conversation I shouldn’t…this might help.

The Input track needs to be placed before the track you want side chaining.

Hold and drag tracks in ‘Main’ to move their order🤞😬

Not sure what you mean Appjunky. Thanks

Also. If word uses sends but is routed to out but the fx modules, are routed to bus. Is word then routed to bus?

• edited July 2022

With Drambo. You could probably try automate the volume. If just for bass. Other tracks would sidechain. Vocals, delay.