Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Path (sequencer) by The Zooo

New Path for iPhone is out now!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1573431316
Create surprising rhythms and harmonies by having colored shapes follow arrows on a two-dimensional grid.

New Path is a unique and playful tool that drastically changes the way you make music. Pick an instrument for each square or triangle (shapes) and let them walk around. Rotate the arrows to alter their paths. Now choose from an exotic list of arrow types to spice things up.

demo:

homepage:
https://www.studiothezooo.com/

Comments

• @waka_x any plans for iPad? Auv3?

• shazbot:
    I wouldnt know:)
    I just seen this somewhere and share the news with you folks...:)
    ask the coder on his page.
    I do hope he will make am iPad and auv3 version...:)

• Hello there,
    thank you for sharing :)!

Yes, we released the app today!

We can't make any promises at this point, but:
    About iPad plans: Yes, we have plans for it...
    auV3: We're looking into that, so possibly!

What does work: the app works as an iPhone app on iPad (so, it fully works, but not with the full width of the iPad screen)

Yarck
    The Zooo

• This looks really fun! Congrats on the release for iOS

• @Yarck_The_Zooo said:
    Hello there,
    thank you for sharing :)!

Yes, we released the app today!

We can't make any promises at this point, but:
    About iPad plans: Yes, we have plans for it...
    auV3: We're looking into that, so possibly!

What does work: the app works as an iPhone app on iPad (so, it fully works, but not with the full width of the iPad screen)

Yarck
    The Zooo

@Yarck_The_Zooo thanks for bringing your sequencer to IOS, very cool and powerful. I’m really looking forward to your iPad plans.

A couple of simple things that would really help would be to allow slide over so we could interact with it and a synth simultaneously and getting midi out without having to go thru Audiobus.

It’s a lot of fun so thanks again.

• Didn’t realise that New Path was available for Ableton until just now. I’m assuming that Mac and iOS versions are separate purchases? @Yarck_The_Zooo

• Seems like a fun thing to try on the phone which was once how I started (iPhone 5s), actually not that long ago either come to think about it (2018-19). Otherwise I feel a bit fed up with these strange thingies you have to learn everything all over again.

• It's a really fun sequencer. My eyes hope for an iPad version... The iPhone scaling is a bit tough for me.

• Yep bought it. I like it. Getting some interesting results. Not immediately intuitive but I feel like I’ll grow to like it and use it a lot, once I get my head around it :)

• This is one of the few apps that made me rush out to get the desktop plugin so I could have it in Ableton. (Sale on the desktop version also helped.)

• If anyone bought any IAP arrows, do they have different functionality, or is it purely visual aesthetic?

• @Angie said:
    This is one of the few apps that made me rush out to get the desktop plugin so I could have it in Ableton. (Sale on the desktop version also helped.)

Interesting. Did you get the bundle? I can't figure out whether new chord, new note and new step are essential? In order to make it work as it does in iOS environment I mean....Any feedback/advice v welcome!

• @Kashi said:

@Angie said:
    This is one of the few apps that made me rush out to get the desktop plugin so I could have it in Ableton. (Sale on the desktop version also helped.)

Interesting. Did you get the bundle? I can't figure out whether new chord, new note and new step are essential? In order to make it work as it does in iOS environment I mean....Any feedback/advice v welcome!

I got the bundle because the pricing was so good. Have spent time with the other pieces yet, though. (So many holiday sales goodies to get up to speed on at the moment, lol.)

• Was feeling left out not being able to get Neon Sequencer on iPhone. But then stumbled across this work of art for iPhone. Omg the time is just melting away. This is an amazing piece of software that I will be enjoying for a long time. Can’t believe I haven’t had this in my collection yet!! Amazing seq.

• put a little demo of this cool seq up on yt. sorry for the noob vid capture.

• Still no iPad version?

• edited April 1

Nope it’s vertical as far as I can see.
    I’m limited to iPhone for now so I decided to treat myself to an iPhone sequencer. 😛

• Fantastic jam. Extremely good layers and textures...what kind of things did you program into the sequencer? How busy/sparsedid you make the sequencer? Any tips?

• edited April 2

So shortly after it was introduced it did become Auv3 ($12.99 AUD iap) but doesn’t say so on the App Store as an iap option (although does say in history). Store link on the app itself only shows a new sound pack. If you load in AUM and click it then shows the iap option. Surprised this info hasn’t been updated in this thread. The standard app itself is only $2.99 AUD which is mind blowing. Seems perfectly functional as iPhone version on iPad. Seems like native iPad version is never going to come though.

• The app is very deep. The rules make for a huge playground. I do find that it can be a lot to deal with though! I often run a couple instances to keep things manageable... The ol brain can't keep track of all the things that are possible to run in a single sequencer with this beast.

Full ipad screen would make this even easier to use though... Things do start to be a bit cramped after making a lot of tweaks.

Any tips from users? I've admittedly used Senode a lot more as it feels easier to sequence the actual notes as I can just step record. Plus, the rules make this app powerful but a bit daunting.