Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo AND?

Hello all.

Going on holiday, will be taking my iPad, jamming with Drambo along the way.

What do you like to use with Drambo? In terms of AUV3? Is there a drum machine or sampler that you'd recommended? An amazing synth?

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• edited June 2022

Drambo and the new Formant OSC and filter IAP and Koala.

• edited June 2022

Drambo+Aparillo+PlayBeat3+Pure Piano+Factory+Continua+Bleass Monolit+Model15 should give many hours of enjoyment.

• @Nasatyuana said:
    Hello all.

What do you like to use with Drambo? In terms of AUV3? Is there a drum machine or sampler that you'd recommended? An amazing synth?

All suggestions welcome!

Just bought Playbeat 3… Can’t put it down… it said, $7.00 to complete your bundle…

Super nice Drum app..

• @Nasatyuana said:
    Hello all.

All suggestions welcome!

I use GR-16 for drums, the killer feature is that you can swap samples super quick for each pad, sitala also does this but I like that the samples I choose stay inside the project with GR-16 so I don't have to manage samples, they stay there forever.

Synths zeeon has an amazing mod matrix and is super quick to work with and Poison-202 has all the modulations baked in, but it's limited in a very very useful way (for example you have a dedicated pitch envelope) and loads of presets, also get vhs synth if you want a big palette of premade sounds too.

kqdixie with the alll the web DX patches also has thousands of presets to choose from http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_patches.html

For effects koala fx is fun and mixbox is just super useful

• @Nasatyuana said:
    Hello all.

All suggestions welcome!

Drambo is a really good sampler and drum machine, so why not just use them? I do like to use a different drum sequencer, though the Drambo built in sequencer is pretty good. Octachron is good. I personally couldn't do without Polybeat. Brambos also has some good sequencer apps.

AuV3 midi apps are generally pretty good value in Drambo as well.

For synths there are a lot of options depending upon what kind of style you like. But additive, granular, anything from LaPlace are all good. Or you could go modular (Ripplemaker, iVC3, Moog Model 15, VirSyn Tera Pro). The Sugarbyte synths can also be interesting. Or if you just want bread and butter analog - Drambo is really good, while Poison nails the early 90s sound.

I would recommend starting off doing as much as you can with Drambo, and then only adding other stuff later.

• I like using FAC Drumkit or Hammerhead Rhythm Station in Drambo. Both are multi-out drum apps which I set up with each drum sound having its own individual channel, where each sound can have its own unique effects.

For example a gated reverb for a snare sound, or a delay/echo effect on a hi hat. Easily add some saturation and compression to the kick.

This is just in terms of using other drum AUv3 apps. Drambo does already include a ton of already amazing sounding drum samples.

I also like using third party midi processors like ZOA.

And while Drambo’s new piano roll is amazing, Atom 2 Piano Roll can take it to a whole new level with all of it’s time signature options and detailed grid settings, all the way to 1/64th note (with a full range of tuplets).

There’s plenty of different ways to use Atom in Drambo too! For example, you can use it to sequence your Hammerhead drum sounds, while using Drambo’s sequencer to change your Atom 2 patterns.

OR you can use Hammerhead’s sequencer, with Atom 2 changing Hammerhead’s patterns (which could also be changing up by patterns in Atom;) ) and use Drambo’s sequencer and clip launchers to add random fills or hits at certain times on Drambo’s timeline.

There’s really so many ways to do things. When you realize the scope of what’s possible, it’s mind blowing!

• "Drambo and" reminds me those improv things :lol:

You could snag some of the free AUv3 around to pair with it. Like Viking Synth, Tape Cassette 2, Bleass Monolit, Spectrum, etc.

• Ah... you cannot go wrong with Bram Bos, Humbletune (Erik Sigth), Jim Pavloff and Imaginando's apps

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I like using FAC Drumkit or Hammerhead Rhythm Station in Drambo. Both are multi-out drum apps which I set up with each drum sound having its own individual channel, where each sound can have its own unique effects.

For example a gated reverb for a snare sound, or a delay/echo effect on a hi hat. Easily add some saturation and compression to the kick.

This is just in terms of using other drum AUv3 apps. Drambo does already include a ton of already amazing sounding drum samples.

And while Drambo’s new piano roll is amazing, Atom 2 Piano Roll can take it to a whole new level with all of it’s time signature options and detailed grid settings, all the way to 1/64th note (with a full range of tuplets).

There’s plenty of different ways to use Atom in Drambo too! For example, you can use it to sequence your Hammerhead drum sounds, while using Drambo’s sequencer to change your Atom 2 patterns.

OR you can use Hammerhead’s sequencer, with Atom 2 changing Hammerhead’s patterns (which could also be changing up by patterns in Atom;) ) and use Drambo’s sequencer and clip launchers to add random fills or hits at certain times on Drambo’s timeline.

There’s really so many ways to do things. When you realize the scope of what’s possible, it’s mind blowing!

This is probably answered elsewhere, but where do you put Atom 2 inside of Drambo to do all this? I’ve already been using Hammerhead in the way you described, but I haven’t branched out into Atom 2 with all this yet. Do you just add it as an AUV3 effect and away you go?

• By the way, Aparillo, Korg Module Pro and Spaceship are a few AUv3 apps I’ve been finding useful inside of Drambo. I like the built in samplers and the wavetable synth as well.

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I like using FAC Drumkit or Hammerhead Rhythm Station in Drambo. Both are multi-out drum apps which I set up with each drum sound having its own individual channel, where each sound can have its own unique effects.

This is probably answered elsewhere, but where do you put Atom 2 inside of Drambo to do all this? I’ve already been using Hammerhead in the way you described, but I haven’t branched out into Atom 2 with all this yet. Do you just add it as an AUV3 effect and away you go?

Not as an “Auv3 effect”, you add it as an Audio Unit MIDI processor (from the MIDI category in Drambo’s menu) and place it before Hammerhead. Remember, the signal path runs left to right.

I’ve been thinking about making a video regarding this particular setup. Maybe I should?

• Is anybody working with a Lumbeats/Drambo combo?

Is there any (easy) way to route the groove/midi from Lumbeats apps into Drambo -> into Hammerhead/Koala og Groove16?

I would like to use the grooves with the freedom to choose my own sounds with individual output for each sound.

I know you can change the midi map /output notes in Lumbeats, but it is really a pain to do for every note and velocity…in every app (Got almost every Lumbeat app)
    I’ve mapped the midi note out several times, and saved the presets, but somehow it never works as intended and it really kills the flow.

Any tips?

Thanks

• Cool. Thanks @Edward_Alexander. I think I understand. I'll give that a go. I reckon you can't have too much information when it comes to understanding the nuances of how do specific actions in an app that has the depth of Drambo.

• edited June 2022

@128BPM said:
    Is anybody working with a Lumbeats/Drambo combo?

Is there any (easy) way to route the groove/midi from Lumbeats apps into Drambo -> into Hammerhead/Koala og Groove16?

I would like to use the grooves with the freedom to choose my own sounds with individual output for each sound.

I know you can change the midi map /output notes in Lumbeats, but it is really a pain to do for every note and velocity…in every app (Got almost every Lumbeat app)
    I’ve mapped the midi note out several times, and saved the presets, but somehow it never works as intended and it really kills the flow.

Any tips?

Thanks

My preferred way of having a number of drum MIDI grooves to easily choose from is to load Imaginando LK at the beginning of a Drambo track and add one instrument rack per instrument, each with its own Note Filter.
    Note Filters allow for direct change of drum instrument mapping and Instrument Racks allow for changing drum sounds by switching rack presets for each drum sound separately.
    This concept also gives you the freedom to process each drum sound separately.

Using LK for drum midi files also adds the flexibility of using separate MIDI drum grooves for kick, snare & toms, cymbals etc. that can be launched and combined from the LK clip grid.
    That's an insane playground for combining stuff, even in a way that it wasn't intended originally 😄

• @rs2000 said:

@128BPM said:

Any tips?

Thanks

My preferred way of having a number of drum MIDI grooves to easily choose from is to load Imaginando LK at the beginning of a Drambo track and add one instrument rack per instrument, each with its own Note Filter.
    Note Filters allow for direct change of drum instrument mapping and Instrument Racks allow for changing drum sounds by switching rack presets for each drum sound separately.

Using LK for drum midi files also adds the flexibility of using separate MIDI drum grooves for kick, snare & toms, cymbals etc. that can be launched and combined from the LK clip grid.
    That's an insane playground for combining stuff, even in a way that it wasn't intended originally 😄

That’s a great idea to use LK inside of Drambo. This allows to use a launchpad with visual feedback. But on the other hand I like Drambo’s sequencer with all its p-lock capabilities. Have you also tried to control Drambo’s clips and scenes from LK? Like using LK as a control surface for Drambo.

• @krassmann No I haven't but I really like the idea!! 😊

• @rs2000 said:

@128BPM said:

Any tips?

Thanks

Thank You @rs2000 👍
    Just the exact kind of advise I was looking for. This is good.

Always searching for happy accidents and magic moments that wasn’t originally intended, and this looks like a fun and flexible setup.

I’m fairly new to Drambo and just bought LK this week, so it will be a challenge to setup, but the goal seems worthy!

Thanks

• edited June 2022

dunno.

• @rs2000 said:

Ok... that's really interesting. Anxious to try this :open_mouth:

Just to clarify, you would then export the midi (or record) from a Lumbeat app into LK, for example?

• @senhorlampada said:

@rs2000 said:

Ok... that's really interesting. Anxious to try this :open_mouth:

Just to clarify, you would then export the midi (or record) from a Lumbeat app into LK, for example?

That's one way to do it; I already have a good collection of drum MIDI files though so I wouldn't need to.

• Thanks!
    That makes sense too :wink:
    I have some midi files from back when on one external HD somewhere :lol: