Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steel Guitar PRO by Yonac Inc.

Comments

• Whaaoow !!
    Thanks Yonac 😂

• I just tried it with ToneBridge FX in AUM. It's really fun! It opens up a new world to me.

• @GLacey said:
    I just tried it with ToneBridge FX in AUM. It's really fun! It opens up a new world to me.

Even without Tonebridge, the new sounds are really, really good.

• Having fun with the new kids on the block glad this one is now AU3.

• @NeuM said:

@GLacey said:
    I just tried it with ToneBridge FX in AUM. It's really fun! It opens up a new world to me.

Even without Tonebridge, the new sounds are really, really good.

Agree.
    The thing is that Tonebridge was just 'collecting dust' on my ipad till now as I'm not playing guitar (despite I have one...).

• I’m using it with StrummerFX as midi FX and the results are quite nice 👍🏻

• edited June 2022

Anyone able to recreate the slide effect using a keyboards or other MIDI input devices or MIDI app? Or am I right in thinking it's only possible by playing the app itself to record the movement of the slide?

For example, if you wanted to record glissando on the strings in a solo by using someone else's MIDI controller keyboard app?

• Or let’s go full stack : can we control it from GeoShred with pitch bend independently for each string ? I don’t think it’s MPE. Yonac say they have developed a special sub-protocol to pilot SteelGuitar with MIDI in. So we shall see only in practice what this can offer.

• @god said:
    I’m using it with StrummerFX as midi FX and the results are quite nice 👍🏻

+1

• Is it possible to send à MIDI chord and use the slider to change pitch of the chord sent?

• edited June 2022

@cuscolima said:
    Is it possible to send à MIDI chord and use the slider to change pitch of the chord sent?

I'm still working out the midi, but it looks like the slide is controlled by the pitch bend value, and the strings are strummed using very very low midi notes down around -C2 I think. Only had a quick look though.

• @Spud said:

@cuscolima said:
    Is it possible to send à MIDI chord and use the slider to change pitch of the chord sent?

I'm still working out the midi, but it looks like the slide is controlled by the pitch bend value, and the strings are strummed using very very low midi notes down around -C2 I think. Only had a quick look though.

Thanks. In fact I was rather thinking about sending a MIDI chord into Steel guitar and, while the chord is playing, moving the slider to change the pitch of the sound produced by Steel guitar. It will be something like changing the tunning of the guitar via MIDI. I think this would be a great feature (but don't think it is possible as for now)

• I just bought it, also just woke up…but I got an artiphon instrument 1 last week, I’m going to see if they will work together once I wake up. I haven’t had much time to try the instrument 1 yet since I got it and finally have a free daytime,

I also saw that all yonac apps are .99, so just got tonestack pro as well. I may get the IAP, I have to see later today.

• @zah said:

@White said:

Minimum OS version: 14.0

$%^*&^^%!!!

My thoughts exactly :lol:

@cokomairena Thanks so much for your quick jam (Awesome 😎)
    And setup video. Reminds me I need to dive deeper into some Drambo experimentations

• edited June 2022

@cokomairena said:

@CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:
    OK, just tested as an AU in GarageBand and you can play the guitar using your own keyboard! Excellent.

But I’m still not seeing a separate setting for mute when you use the built in Steel Guitar Pro UI. Anyone here find it yet?

Upper right corner? There is a damp button

I did a tiny little jam with four chords on steel guitar and Drambo strummer:

👀 🫵🏽you did a good thing right there. How do we convince you to do a quick drambo-strum/steel guitar setup flick?

Here you go:

Edit: Forgive that I selected an A minor on the circle and the choose an A major! Same thing with the C chord lol, but you get the idea

Pls forgive the pleb question but I just got Tonality less than a week ago and I keep noticing people using a “dark” or “night” mode setting. Mine is bright beige. I can’t find anything in the settings that changes it to dark. “color scheme” and “color chords by quality” dont do it. It’s dark in AUM as a midi device but thats it so far…

• It’s definitely worth 5$, such a great sounding
    App.
    My only gripe is it needs MPE support.

• @BirbHope said:

@cokomairena said:

@CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:
    OK, just tested as an AU in GarageBand and you can play the guitar using your own keyboard! Excellent.

But I’m still not seeing a separate setting for mute when you use the built in Steel Guitar Pro UI. Anyone here find it yet?

👀 🫵🏽you did a good thing right there. How do we convince you to do a quick drambo-strum/steel guitar setup flick?

Here you go:

Edit: Forgive that I selected an A minor on the circle and the choose an A major! Same thing with the C chord lol, but you get the idea

Pls forgive the pleb question but I just got Tonality less than a week ago and I keep noticing people using a “dark” or “night” mode setting. Mine is bright beige. I can’t find anything in the settings that changes it to dark. “color scheme” and “color chords by quality” dont do it. It’s dark in AUM as a midi device but thats it so far…

I have no idea, I don't recall changing anything. I guess it's because the ipad itself is in dark mode?

• @cokomairena said:

@BirbHope said:

@cokomairena said:

@CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

Here you go:

I have no idea, I don't recall changing anything. I guess it's because the ipad itself is in dark mode?

Ah so. Thank you.

• @NeuM said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

No, that's not it. That's for continuous muting. If you've used the first Steel Guitar, you can mute using your left hand with a second finger, not touching the slider part. It appears the folks at Yonac forgot that very important function, or they haven't figured it out yet?

Hope it will be added soon, otherwise I'll keep this one for the great guitar sounds, but I'll have to use the old one to play what I'm used to.

If you haven’t, make sure to contact the developer.

• edited June 2022

Keep in mind this app is the new Pro version of a very old app. Some of us OGs have dreamed of having an AUV3 version for years. $4.99 is an introductory price for sure, price will go up!
    Get it at this price while you can.

• Who will be the first to write that this is "Cheating" ? Real musicians only use bottleneck, ideally a bottle of beer !! Just kidding 😉

• @cuscolima said:
    Who will be the first to write that this is "Cheating" ? Real musicians only use bottleneck, ideally a bottle of beer !! Just kidding 😉

Lol

Home brew only, for me… and I manufacture my own glass from sand… I don’t have space at home for the industrial furnace… yet…

• Giveaway and demo

• This sounds great and the price is wonderful.

I play “real” slide and lap steel, so I have always used the Yonac app for mostly accents or drones/glissandi. As a result, I have the original loaded up with tons of Sonic Youth and Blixa Bargeld tunings. Unfortunately, I don’t see a way to transfer them over from the old app to the new one. It appears that I will have to enter them anew in Steel Guitar PRO. Oh well, first world problems…

• Purchased. It sounds really sweet. With midi in, midi out, all the fx, etc, it’s a steal at $4.99

• By the way, are the sounds different or the same as in previous version ? Thanks

• @Paulo164 said:
    By the way, are the sounds different or the same as in previous version ? Thanks

I’m pretty sure they’re the same, the new version being AUv3 will be the main difference.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@CapnWillie said:
    That sounds sweet! If I’m understanding correctly, I can layout my progressions in scaler 2 sequencer, midi bind them to upper octave then use lower octave to control strumming (melodies), and use a cc to control pitch bend for slider control? Noice!🫵🏽

*edit….haven’t been able to figure out how to control the slider 🥲

Moving the slider in the GUI only changes the notes being “plucked” in the GUI.
    MIDI notes are only pitch shifted using “Pitch Bend” from a MIDI controller or an app like
    KB-1 which has a slider at the traditional left end of the keyboard. Pitch bend is implemented as MIDI 1.0
    With a range of +/- 2 semitones. It’s not MPE.

UPDATE: Pitch Bend is adjustable in the settings up to +/- 12 semitones (+/- 1 octave).

I need to see if the capability to bend 1 string for that pedal steel knee or pedal controls are allowed via MIDI CC’s.
    I was hoping the GUI slider was exposed to a CC but it doesn’t appear in the AUM Steel Guitar Pro app parameters.

I think Yonac has a hit on it’s hands and might consider adding more features to sell more units. Grab it at $5 folks. They could still make MPE an IAP add-on to justify the effort but they are the one vendor I think of for putting there goods on sale… at discounts exceeding 50%. They should re-brand as “CraZy YoNaC” - the virtual discount music store.

There’s a User Manual and it allows Browser Searches for text (using Control-F or search this page):

http://www.yonac.com/steelguitarpro/steelguitarpro_manual.html

• @tput73 said:
    It’s definitely worth 5$, such a great sounding
    App.
    My only gripe is it needs MPE support.

How would that work in keeping with the idea of the app? A slide guitar only has one slide and it affects all strings. You don't have one slide for every string and every note.

This thing is meant to emulate a slide guitar, I don't think it's meant to be like GeoShred.