Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Today's Ambient Offering (aka the One Hour Challenge)

As the title suggests, I made this piece in under one hour. I purchased Bleass' Saturator to use on the track. I also used Bleass' Granulizer on a couple of tracks as well.

Basically, I have three sounds (two from Freesound: someone taking a dump (because I have a sick sense of humour lol) and the random sound of the day, which was a beep, and the Pips sound) stretched in PaulXStretch being played back in AUM's File Player. The fourth sound (aka the Drone) is a long loop recorded in Gauss from Fundamental and slowed way down.

On the master buss, I used Bleass' Reverb, Bleass' Shimmer, ChowTape to give the sound of a dodgy cassette tape, and a limiter to catch any peaks (which in this case, there were none).

Cheers and enjoy!

Comments

  • OH! Screenshots, dur Jim!

    How it started...

    How it went...

  • Very interesting sounds, and the recording is of high quality.
    Wow, what a process.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Rene

  • Awesome stuff as always! That fundamental + Gauss combo is just the best. Shimmer + ChowTape is another I use as well. Great minds 🧠

    Did you use the Pips app or just download some free samples??

  • @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Very interesting sounds, and the recording is of high quality.
    Wow, what a process.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Rene

    Of course mate. Thank you for your kind words. :)

    @HotStrange said:
    Awesome stuff as always! That fundamental + Gauss combo is just the best. Shimmer + ChowTape is another I use as well. Great minds 🧠

    Absolutely! :) Great minds do think alike. I love feeding any synth into Gauss and slowing it way down. In many cases I like it better than time stretching since Gauss mimicks tape looping and such. But then again, sometimes I find audio on freesound.org just begging to be stretched from 5 seconds to 12 minutes, lol.

    Did you use the Pips app or just download some free samples??

    I used the mp3 that was uploaded in this Pips challenge https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50565/the-greenwich-time-signal-challenge about a couple weeks ago. And of course I PaulXStretched that motherf*cker. :lol:

  • edited June 25

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Very interesting sounds, and the recording is of high quality.
    Wow, what a process.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Rene

    Of course mate. Thank you for your kind words. :)

    @HotStrange said:
    Awesome stuff as always! That fundamental + Gauss combo is just the best. Shimmer + ChowTape is another I use as well. Great minds 🧠

    Absolutely! :) Great minds do think alike. I love feeding any synth into Gauss and slowing it way down. In many cases I like it better than time stretching since Gauss mimicks tape looping and such. But then again, sometimes I find audio on freesound.org just begging to be stretched from 5 seconds to 12 minutes, lol.

    Did you use the Pips app or just download some free samples??

    I used the mp3 that was uploaded in this Pips challenge https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50565/the-greenwich-time-signal-challenge about a couple weeks ago. And of course I PaulXStretched that motherf*cker. :lol:

    Gauss is one of those rare apps that I just couldn’t live without. Every time I find a sample or riff I like my first thought it “I best this would sound great in Gauss” 😂 PaulXStretch is becoming that kind of app for me as well. In fact, I use them both more than my op-1 these days. That said, I love the op-1 for this because I ran run all those apps with no connectivity into it.

    I need to use freesound sometime. I’ve known of it for a while but never use it. Seems like a lot of people like it!

    Btw, there’s a free Pips app where you can even create your own! It was posted on the forum a while back and the dev said they’re hoping to expand it, whatever that means. It also has a lot of those “famous” ones.

Sign In or Register to comment.