Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Realistic Flute sound design in any iOS Synth - possible?

2»

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    @sujoybose77

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@McD said:

It may take Rozeta scaler in AUM to make the octaves match.

AUM also has a control for transposing the incoming MIDI up to +/- 127 semitones.
    I wish someone would make a synth that accepts negative MIDI notes for the benefit of
    sensitive animals.

Rozeta is good for +/- 24 semitones (+/- 2 octaves).

Rozeta Scaler is still required to force notes into a shift of scale/mode or changing the transposition interval during a live performance easily over AUM's capabilities.

Thanks mucho, very good to know.

Could not see the option in AUM; got impatient and used Rozeta Scaler. Be advised that this does not work well. Rozeta introduces many errors when you play too much meend and ornamentation.

Turns out the swam patch was an octave down; not Jubal’ s fault. Resetting that, they play together and blend very well. Still, it sounds like two flutes playing in unison. The lesson is: You really don’t want a flute model with an attack to layer with swam. It will be necessary to use another fx app to slow the attack transient for Jubal to make it blend better.

Or run everything through a cranked guitar amp and then none of this matters at all.

After jamming for an hour, the sound of swam flute and Jubal layered is really appealing to me. It sounds like a flute with two chambers. I’ll record and upload a demo tomorrow night.

• edited June 2022

I just tried this one. I could not find a pitch bend setting in the AU version. There is a pb setting in the IAA version that allows it to match the swam pitch bends (meends) very well though. Another problem is that when using Velocity kb to play both apps simultaneously, they speak in different octaves. This seems solvable though I haven’t tried yet. It may take Rozeta scaler in AUM to make the octaves match.

Yes I solved it by lowering one of them by one octave. Not a big issue. You can have pitch bend also match with SWAM (no issue with that). But the biggest problem with Jubal I flute faced is - it does not have any expression option. Instead, it has volume. Now if you try to swell volume with midi CC (say 11 to match with SWAM) then it gives you a cracking noise. I just could not make swell work in Jubal flute at all. I tried attack softener app also on Jubal with not very convincing result.