Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fosfat by Klevgränd produkter AB

2»

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:
    It really is tasty as hell!
    I was genuinely surprised how well it worked on different sources

Since I’m not able to view the video at this moment, isn’t this more or less competition with Caelum Audio’s “Beef”?

Haven't used beef in a while. Beef doesn't have things like pitch drop of i remember correctly, I'm sure there will be other differences too

• @wahnfrieden said:

@HotStrange said:

@wahnfrieden said:
    Now that I have a TX-6 that works directly with iPhone, I really long for more of these new apps to make it to iPhone

How do you like it? I’m very tempted by this right now. So pricey though. Is it worth it?

Since I'm committed to mobile setups, it's completely worth it for me to ditch the Focusrite, and gain the ability to use my iPhone and not just the iPad. It pushed me to adopt bluetooth midi (via WIDI as needed) everywhere to reduce wires. It also offloads a few things that were taking over CPU and battery on the iPad.

But the worst part is you can only have channels send to or from USB besides one stereo channel, so I can't really mix soft and hard instruments together via it

Ah that’s a bit of a bummer. But it does seem really great for iPhone/iPad usage. I have some hardware but I usually only use one at a time so maybe wouldn’t be a big deal for me. It’s very pricey but it can do so much that I’m very tempted to get it. That said, a purchase like that is still months away.

• edited June 2022

I think it’s valuable even if you do t maximize your use of channels. In fact it’s more flexible. You can for instance use aux back into another channel