Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sgambettare Sul Solstizio

edited June 2022 in Creations

Last of the Beethoven series. Hopefully @Daveypoo can corroborate my Italian for Gambol On The Solstice.

PurePiano, House Mark1, Galileo2, BeatHawk Celeste.

Comments

• Sounds good to me, but I'm the last reliable translator around. I've not had reliable internet recently but I'll try and give this one a spin when I have a second to give it my full attention.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Last of the Beethoven series. Hopefully @Daveypoo can corroborate my Italian for Gambol On The Solstice.
    PurePiano, House Mark1, Galileo2, BeatHawk Celeste.

Lovely keys, Linear Lineman!
    This is a beautiful composition, part of your Beethoven series!
    Very modern, and very hip, for a Beethoven song!
    I love this!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• edited June 2022

Thanks for listening and commenting, @ReneAsologuitar. Yes, Beethoven would never think this was one of his. Definitely 20th century.

• This is very nice. Serene but slightly whimsical. To me it is technically mind-blowing but easy to forget that and most everything else while listening

• Thanks for commenting @myapologies. I like this for the elements of jazz that appeared, swinging the classical cadences at points. I’m always happy when I make lighter music as I tend to the dark side .

• I like when you make lighter music as well. This piece feels so playful I couldn’t help but feel better after listening.

• edited June 2022

@LinearLineman Yet another piece from you that keeps me guessing! Love it. Reminds me of a record I had many years ago, that began with piano, but they blended other things on top as the piece went on, and I can't remember for the life of me what it was, but I'm sure it had narration from the British actor John Hurt on it somewhere.

Also, I've never heard Pure Piano sound as natural as that esp at higher velocities when piano instruments can often sound tinny. Would love to know what your settings were.

• @craftycurate said:
    Reminds me of a record I had many years ago, that began with piano, but they blended other things on top as the piece went on, and I can't remember for the life of me what it was, but I'm sure it had narration from the British actor John Hurt on it somewhere.

Could it have been this …?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seduction_of_Claude_Debussy

• edited June 2022

@toneman88 said:

@craftycurate said:
    Reminds me of a record I had many years ago, that began with piano, but they blended other things on top as the piece went on, and I can't remember for the life of me what it was, but I'm sure it had narration from the British actor John Hurt on it somewhere.

Could it have been this …?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seduction_of_Claude_Debussy

Yes! Well found 😬 Found it on Spotify … In fact it’s the very first few bars of the opening track that @LinearLineman ’s track reminded me of with the layered piano.

• Really enjoying your layered piano sounds (as others have pointed out). You’ve done it here in a subtle way. Definitely not German sounding. I guess you’re thinking Italian but kind of French too. More like a stroll than a gambol maybe? circa 1900, to some outdoor cafe?

@LinearLineman said:
    I’m always happy when I make lighter music as I tend to the dark side .

What? I haven't gotten that impression. You seem like one of the more buoyantly optimistic creators here!

• @craftycurate thanks. The PurePiano is the default setting unaltered except pedal noise removed. What I did was layer it with the House Mark1 space vibe (I think) preset. That might be the difference… maybe. Also, now that I think of it, I almost always tap on the Cubasis channel strip compressor default setting. That boosts the sound positively to my ears. That’s probably what youkre hearing,

Thanks for commenting @MadeofWax @Stochastically. Indeed, not German sounding, hence the Italian title. I’m glad you like the lighter stuff and I guess I’m thinking of all the minor key stuff i do. Certainly not as dark as some, like our @Svetlovska.

• Loved it. It did feel quite jazzy!

• @LinearLineman said:

You almost nailed it, as it's actually "sgambettare" (even if it sounds a little funny used in this form)

Btw, very nice playing

• Thanks once again @JudasZimmerman @Keyb thanks, mate. Corrected.