Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Song For You, Leon Russell 1970

"A Song for You" is a song written and originally recorded by rock singer and pianist Leon Russell for his first solo album Leon Russell, which was released in 1970 on Shelter Records. A slow, pained plea for forgiveness and understanding from an estranged lover, the tune is one of Russell's best-known compositions.

This song is dedicated to all Dads, past and present!
Happy Father's Day to all loving and understanding fathers of our world!!!
Peace and love!!!

Comments

• edited June 2022

Very expressive. A little Ray Charles in there, too. Happy Father’s Day, Rene.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

What a great song that is… you do it justice Rene.

I’m curious about your recording set up:
    Microphone make and model?
    Reverb hardware or software?

Is the guitar using a pickup or just coming in with through the mic you’re singing into?

I watched a YouTube show of Leon trading his hits with Glen Campbell that looks like it was made by a Canadian TV station in the 80’s. They were both at the top of their game instrumentally and vocally.

Here I found it… (it looks like you have to play it on YouTube).

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very expressive. A little Ray Charles in there, too. Happy Father’s Day, Rene.

Hi LinearLineman,
    Thanks for great feedback!!!
    Rene

• @McD said:
    What a great song that is… you do it justice Rene.

I’m curious about your recording set up:
    Microphone make and model?
    Reverb hardware or software?

Is the guitar using a pickup or just coming in with through the mic you’re singing into?

Hi McD,
    Love the video!
    The piano version is quite beautiful as well!!!
    My set-up is quite simple:
    2 mics; Shure SM-58 - directed to guitar; Ear Trumpet labs "Edwina" - directed to vocals
    - guitar recording via microphone (has electronics, but not using it at this time)
    - both mics are picking up all the sounds in the room, each mic is being directed to guitar and vocal
    INTO - Yamaha MG10FX Mixer - I am using built-in room reverb #6
    INTO - UAD Volt 2/76 Audio Interface
    INTO - IMAC, I am recording via Quick Time Player movie.

No additional effects after the "live recording" of a movie.
    Thanks for asking.
    Rene

• I think your "Ear Trumpet Edwina" mic and that Yamaha Reverb add-on to the Yamaha mixer and doing a good job capturing your vocals. I heard a local live musician using that same mic and it was really nice out front through his PA. The design is really distinctive and I thought it looked the same as the one I saw live. I can see that it's not an inexpensive mic ($599 I think) for most home studios but it seems to really do the job. There are folks here that might mention some even more expensive mic's but you have to work within a budget.

• Lovely soulful voice and a lovely soulful song which I had never heard before. You must be one of them there proper musicians! Who apparently lives in a music shop? :) Seriously : thank you. That was great.

• Listening to this was a lovely way to start the morning. You make it sound easy. Happy belated Father’s Day. Bet you’re a great Dad. Thank you

• Great, great song and you do it justice!
    I hadn't heard that name for years and I did some research. I didn't know that Leon was one of the 'Wrecking Crew', i.e.the top studio musicians in L.A. You both have unique, memorable sounding voices! Very pleasant to listen to. Have a great day!

• @McD said:
    I think your "Ear Trumpet Edwina" mic and that Yamaha Reverb add-on to the Yamaha mixer and doing a good job capturing your vocals. I heard a local live musician using that same mic and it was really nice out front through his PA. The design is really distinctive and I thought it looked the same as the one I saw live. I can see that it's not an inexpensive mic ($599 I think) for most home studios but it seems to really do the job. There are folks here that might mention some even more expensive mic's but you have to work within a budget.

Budget, we have to live with.
    You are absolutely correct!!!
    Rene

• @Svetlovska said:
    Lovely soulful voice and a lovely soulful song which I had never heard before. You must be one of them there proper musicians! Who apparently lives in a music shop? :) Seriously : thank you. That was great.

Hi Svetlovska,
    Ah, my music room.
    Love to hang out here, and make good music!
    Thanks for the great feedback.
    Rene

• @myapologies said:
    Listening to this was a lovely way to start the morning. You make it sound easy. Happy belated Father’s Day. Bet you’re a great Dad. Thank you

Hi myapologies,
    Lovely comments to see, first thing this morning!
    Thank you so much!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @Paulieworld said:
    Great, great song and you do it justice!
    I hadn't heard that name for years and I did some research. I didn't know that Leon was one of the 'Wrecking Crew', i.e.the top studio musicians in L.A. You both have unique, memorable sounding voices! Very pleasant to listen to. Have a great day!

HI Paulieworld,
    You are simply awesome.
    Great additional info on Leon!
    Thank you so. much for your wonderful comments.
    Rene

• Another great rendition… bravo!

• @GeoTony said:
    Another great rendition… bravo!

Hi GeoTony,
    Always a pleasure to hear from you!!!
    And thank you for the great comments!
    Rene