Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rough Rider 3 - how to Sidechain in Apematrix?!

Greetings earthlings, I dearly need your help:
How is Rough Rider 3 sidechaining supposed to work in apematrix?

Here's my setup:

• Slot 1: Some synthdrone (Mela, I really love Mela <3 )
  • Slot 2: Kickdrum 4x4 (Hawkbeat)
  • Slot 3: Rough Rider 3
  • Slot 4: Rough Rider (The alternative channel from Rough Rider which is offered as soon as I add another effect)

This seems to be a no brainer, just activate "sidechain" in RR3 ....
but however I connect the drone and the kick to the input channels of RR3 and whatever config of R3 I choose, there is no pumping in the drone :(

So obviously I got something wrong here?

Comments

• I can't. I think it's a bug in multi-input support in apeMatrix.

Will you report?

I also tried with FabFilter Pro-C2, where it's easier to audition the external sidechain, and I see/hear no audio.

In theory, you'd just add a multi-in node for the RR you want to sidechain, select input 2 (sidechain), which is the only thing that is selectable, and then use the matrix to connect the output of Beathawk to RR input-2. Then you enable Ext sidechain in RR and it should work, but there's no audio on the sidechain.

• That's exactly what I tried... what a pitty :/
    At least it saves me from buying another sidechain compressor just for tryout (which I will do anyway :p )
    I sent a report via the apesoft webpage contact form (I am wondering if there is a more official way to report a bug? Couldn't find any though)

• edited June 2022

It works now.

I figured it out after apeSoft support said it worked for them 😀

The trick is to make sure the sidechain node is enabled: red power icon on the right. It did not enable by default.

After enabling, the audio is routed to the sidechain.

This image just shows the sidechain. There is no melody.

• edited June 2022

Yes, that's it! Thanks a lot @mojozart!!!
    Oh boy, I fiddled around for an hour or so, how could I miss that!? :D

Anyway, it works and that's great!
    ndjuuuuu ndjuuuuu ndjuuuuu ndjuuuuu