Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Baby Audio Crystalline coming to iOS

124»

Comments

• Did anyone find out of this is Apple M1 compatible.

• @cyberheater said:
    Did anyone find out of this is Apple M1 compatible.

There is also a desktop version, so I don't think so.

• @Pierre118 said:

@cyberheater said:

There is also a desktop version, so I don't think so.

Thanks.

• @MadGav said:

@NeuM said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@NeuM said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Someone PayPal me 30 bucks…

Do you accept DOGE?

Ha, I needed a laugh. I’m actually about to launch an NFT site in the bear-ist market, so you’re not too far off the mark! What a bleepstorm in crypto right now.

I got news for you... it's the same story in the stock market. And I thought there would be a clear division between cryptos and stocks in general. That didn't happen. They all rise and fall together, which I find baffling.

The markets have spoken! Crypto is more like a stock than a fiat currency.

AKA “stonks”

• @oat_phipps said:
    I like it but not blown away. Has the best freeze function on iOS though, I think, since it can be easily modulated. And nice taste with the shimmer thats actually a shimmer and not a played-out octave up screeching nuisance.

In the end, Pro-R is just too smooth and unobtrusive to go away from based on my admittedly light-on-the-reverb tastes.

Curious, how do you compare it to other reverbs like Alteza, EOS, etc? I don’t have Pro-R but I’m really interested in this as I love Baby Audios stuff.

Also, what’s your go to shimmer on iOS in the typical sense? I’m a fan of Bleass’s.

• Purchased due to intoxicating UI… no regrets. Hope they have more in the pipeline

• @oat_phipps asked:

Also, what’s your go to shimmer on iOS in the typical sense?

Eventide ShimmerVerb is on sale and the app description explains how to get this effect:

ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers making any signal, well, "shimmer." Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using Eventide pitch shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack mount units in combination with a reverb. This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2's The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals. In typical Eventide fashion, features have been added such as the ability to infinitely feedback the signal, resulting in cascading reverbs that smear into oblivion. Feedback can be further fine-tuned by specifying which frequencies are fed back through the low/mid/high cross-over network.>

So, I'll try a pitch shifter network in AUM to see if I can smear a couple Crystalline instances into a nice Shimmer Verb effect. They did that with mixed hardware so mixed apps should get close.

Crystalline does NOT have the extra effort on pitch shifting to get smearing. It's most like EOS in design with the rare "freeze" button. EOS has code from the Reverb Guru Sean Costello, the creator of the Desktop Valhallah Reverb/Delay products.

I'm hoping Crystalline has enough traction at $30 that it encourages more desktop plugin producers to make us a version. With M1 we have the resources to provide the right hardware and with iPadOS we should have the operating system design to step up in the
    market.

• I like it a lot. It’s simple and elegant. Climbing up there with Pro-R.

• Hello Everybody.
    Here is my Walkthrough/tutorial for Crystalline.
    I hope you enjoy the video.

• Me: I am convinced that the perfect reverb for Ambient doesn't ex-
    Baby Audio: Hold my beer.

After watching @thesoundtestroom 's video and the first 5-10 minutes of Gavinski's demo, I am thoroughly convinced that I need this reverb! I'll see if @Gavinski selects me as the YT winner first, and if not, then hopefully I can buy it outright on Thursday. 😅

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Me: I am convinced that the perfect reverb for Ambient doesn't ex-

After watching @thesoundtestroom 's video and the first 5-10 minutes of Gavinski's demo, I am thoroughly convinced that I need this reverb! I'll see if @Gavinski selects me as the YT winner first, and if not, then hopefully I can buy it outright on Thursday. 😅

Are you me? Haha. Currently doing the exact same thing and waiting on the exact day. However I’m also contemplating getting Sampletron 😅

• @McD said:

@oat_phipps asked:

Also, what’s your go to shimmer on iOS in the typical sense?

Eventide ShimmerVerb is on sale and the app description explains how to get this effect:

ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers making any signal, well, "shimmer." Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using Eventide pitch shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack mount units in combination with a reverb. This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2's The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals. In typical Eventide fashion, features have been added such as the ability to infinitely feedback the signal, resulting in cascading reverbs that smear into oblivion. Feedback can be further fine-tuned by specifying which frequencies are fed back through the low/mid/high cross-over network.>

So, I'll try a pitch shifter network in AUM to see if I can smear a couple Crystalline instances into a nice Shimmer Verb effect. They did that with mixed hardware so mixed apps should get close.

Crystalline does NOT have the extra effort on pitch shifting to get smearing. It's most like EOS in design with the rare "freeze" button. EOS has code from the Reverb Guru Sean Costello, the creator of the Desktop Valhallah Reverb/Delay products.

I'm hoping Crystalline has enough traction at $30 that it encourages more desktop plugin producers to make us a version. With M1 we have the resources to provide the right hardware and with iPadOS we should have the operating system design to step up in the
    market.

Think I own - and love - every shimmer verb on the App Store so I’m actually glad this one does something different. Love the EOS freeze function so this will be cool to have.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Are you me? Haha. Currently doing the exact same thing and waiting on the exact day. However I’m also contemplating getting Sampletron 😅

Lol! Great minds do think alike. :smiley: I'm not surprised we're on the same wavelength.

I'm kind of wary about IK Multimedia since the Mixbox fiasco last year, lol. Not even sure if that was all sorted out or not. 🤔 But, then again, Sampletron looks like something that'd be right up my alley regarding experimental Ambient music.

• Demo with (mostly) guitar

I am going to use that a lot in my future Ambient and Shoegaze stuff I'm eager to record. This app is amazing has to many Reverb possibilities, and I only went through a fraction that.
    I saw some nice and different demos from The Soundtest Room and Gavinski's Tutorials. There's one by Jade Starr that I missed its live stream yesterday but it should be available in a few hours.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Haha, this is definitely a great one

• edited July 2022

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Just realized it requires iOS 15. I’m not sure I want to move on to 15 with my 2017 iPad Pro…

Not sure if this is relevant to your own iPad situation, but I skipped iOS14 entirely on my iPad Pro 2017, because of all the AUv3 disappearing and other concerns, but I'm glad I eventually bit the bullet and jumped straight from iOS13 to 15, and it's been smooth sailing, for what it's worth. I haven't run into the disappearing AUv3 issue once and overall performance generally and for music making has been great and no complaints at all.

• Hopefully, their summer sale is expanded to iOS. Desktop sale started today.

• Does anyone else get a Windows Defender warning when trying to install the Crystalline Demo on Windows 10? I'm sure it's just a false positive, but I like to be sure.

• I also appreciate the fact that this reverb doesn't add artifacts to the audio when changing the "size" parameter. (But I do like automating the "Size" parameter in FAC Alteza but that's intentional). When it's not intended it can ruin a recording so this is a nice feature.

How many apps add a harsh spectrum sweep when some knob is changed? I think one of the @Blue_Mangoo verbs has this "feature": maybe Cloud Atmospheric Reverb and Masonic Lodge? EOS 2 doesn't do it either does it? AudioReverb? Any of the Eventide products? EOS 2?

• @craftycurate said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Just realized it requires iOS 15. I’m not sure I want to move on to 15 with my 2017 iPad Pro…

Not sure if this is relevant to your own iPad situation, but I skipped iOS14 entirely on my iPad Pro 2017, because of all the AUv3 disappearing and other concerns, but I'm glad I eventually bit the bullet and jumped straight from iOS13 to 15, and it's been smooth sailing, for what it's worth. I haven't run into the disappearing AUv3 issue once and overall performance generally and for music making has been great and no complaints at all.

Yes, I updated, and there have been no problems at all. excellent advice from all who gave it. The bonus is that this reverb was never on sale, requiring no panic buying on my part. I can grab it when I feel flush! (Or bored. Or lacking motivation. Or …)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@craftycurate said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Yes, I updated, and there have been no problems at all. excellent advice from all who gave it. The bonus is that this reverb was never on sale, requiring no panic buying on my part. I can grab it when I feel flush! (Or bored. Or lacking motivation. Or …)

Same here - no rush as it's not on sale. I tried to install it on Windows, but ran into a Windows Defender "dodgy file" warning message. I reckon it's proably a false positive, but I've contacted the company about it.

• @cyberheater said:

I've used it in AUM on a handful of Ambient projects on my 12.9" M1 Pro, so I guess it is mate. :)