Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS - Monolit

Comments

• @AppJunky said:
    As things seem to have calmed down…this short video is 100% politics and criticism free, guaranteed. Just music, 5 instances of Monolit 🤷‍♂️

Cool track! Also a great demonstration of how powerful dRambo is.

• @CapnWillie said:
    FYI: Apples Hide my email is brilliant for registrations you don’t want. Requires no effort and you can easily set a rule to send anything that comes in str8 to trash. Or disable the fictitious email Apple sets up after the fact. It’s unlimited and free with your an iCloud plan of .99. Really a no brainer for this, the free use your own domain email, and private relay (vpn) that also comes with it.

Apple crushing privacy options. 🍎 ❤️

Yep. One of the those things apple absolutely nailed.

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2022
  • edited June 2022

@AppJunky said:

@HotStrange said:

@AppJunky said:
    As things seem to have calmed down…this short video is 100% politics and criticism free, guaranteed. Just music, 5 instances of Monolit 🤷‍♂️

Thank you. Spending a bit of time reworking it today. Can’t support this ‘dRambo’ thing…great software, terrible name 🤣
    Monolit is brilliant. I think I need more Bleass 🙂

I have all but I think 3-4 of the Bleass apps and they’re all fantastic. Alpha, Motion FX, Shimmer, DragonFly, and SampleWiz 2 are must haves, imo. Their Granulizer is as well.

• edited July 2022
  • FPCFPC
    edited June 2022

@AppJunky said:

@HotStrange said:

@AppJunky said:

@HotStrange said:

@AppJunky said:

Thank you. Spending a bit of time reworking it today. Can’t support this ‘dRambo’ thing…great software, terrible name 🤣
    Monolit is brilliant. I think I need more Bleass 🙂

I have all but I think 3-4 of the Bleass apps and they’re all fantastic. Alpha, Motion FX, Shimmer, DragonFly, and SampleWiz 2 are must haves, imo. Their Granulizer is as well.

Yeah I have Granulizer and have to say they’ve nailed the UI angle - intuitive and perfectly on brand. I’ve added Alpha & Omega to my hit list after yesterday 👍

Yeah when I first started buying iOS apps I was disappointed by the UI but only because I wanted cute little Moogs etc with rotary knobs, wooden panels and fake finger grime. Once I started using Alpha it just felt right for an iPad - like some real thought had gone into what a touch screen app should really be. I still like the cute little synth thingies too though. Come on Korg my cash is waiting for AUv3!

• edited June 2022

@HotStrange said:

@AppJunky said:

+1

@AppJunky : You really make me curious on using Drambo 2.x (it's pretty time consuming to grow up two little Kids). Do you know good docutorials? I would love to pair my beloved BLEASS Apps with Drambo - because I don't Like the Handling of the "Most common sequencers" on iOS - maybe someday...😂

• edited July 2022
  • edited July 2022
  • edited June 2022

@Pynchon said:
    Of course, this is much more important for things like sample libraries. Imagine that I purchase a Spitfire Audio orchestral library, spending 400 bucks. That I register this under a fake name. Then I use this for a composition for something like a commercial. This musical piece is registered under my name. The company detects that I'm using its library. But this library wasn't registered under my real name, the one used for managing the royalities in my composition.

I shouldn't have used the word "fake", as I didn't mean that you should falsify your identity or lie or cheat.

I just meant you can have a 2nd email account (with your real name and info) for doing regos. That way the 2nd account gets bombed with spam and not your main email account.

• Unbelievable that this is a freebie.
    Wow.

• I'm sure this has been discussed before but is it pronounced "bliss" or "blee-ass"? I've heard both.

Ignorance is BLEASS.

• edited June 2022

@Lady_App_titude said:
    I'm sure this has been discussed before but is it pronounced "bliss" or "blee-ass"? I've heard both.

Ignorance is BLEASS.

I think Jakob Haq pronounced it “Bless”.

CORRECTION: He pronounces it "Bliss".

• Wow 🤩 this app is really nice 👍 I would’ve paid for this. I saw the extra preset offer and figured I’d buy that to support the dev, but that was free too!

Will likely buy some more Bleass just out of appreciation :)

• edited July 2022
  • edited July 2022

@AppJunky said:
    Updated my sketch with a little finessing, even included a sort of chant I could hear, (recorded on my Apple Watch 😬) towards the end.

Uploaded here for comparison. I love hearing other people’s first sketch, then a version that they’ve worked on.

Also, uploading this means I can say it’s ‘finished’ and can move on. Pretty sure everyone reading this knows that feeling 😁

>

Impressive! Most impressive. (Spoken in Darth Vader's voice)

• edited July 2022
  • I am enjoying Monolit more and more. What other BLEASS synth would be as simple to program but polyphonic ?

• Megalit is a wavetable synth, Omega is FM Synthesis, and Alpha is basic subtractive synthesis. All seem pretty easy and straightforward to program from what I've surmised experimenting with them before. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Megalit is a wavetable synth, Omega is FM Synthesis, and Alpha is basic subtractive synthesis. All seem pretty easy and straightforward to program from what I've surmised experimenting with them before. :)

I can't understand how FM works so that's out. What would you pick between megalith and Omega?

• @ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Megalit is a wavetable synth, Omega is FM Synthesis, and Alpha is basic subtractive synthesis. All seem pretty easy and straightforward to program from what I've surmised experimenting with them before. :)

I can't understand how FM works so that's out. What would you pick between megalith and Omega?

Well, Omega is out since that's the FM one. Monolit has an FM section, but it's really simple to use. That said, it'd be between Megalit and Alpha. And since you're looking for simple, Alpha might be the one you wish to use. It has lots of cool features like arps and FX and other great things baked into the synth already. :) And it comes with a ton of presets off the jump.

• @ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

If you wanna learn FM Omega is great for that. It makes it all visual and easy to put together. Alpha as amazing as @jwmmakerofmusic said

• @HotStrange said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

If you wanna learn FM Omega is great for that. It makes it all visual and easy to put together. Alpha as amazing as @jwmmakerofmusic said

In my head FM is those metallic DX7 patch. Is that what I should expect from Omega ? I don't like those type of sounds even if I grew up in the 80s.

• edited June 2023

@ecou said:

@HotStrange said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

In my head FM is those metallic DX7 patch. Is that what I should expect from Omega ? I don't like those type of sounds even if I grew up in the 80s.

• @ecou said:

@HotStrange said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Oh, FM can also sound like Dubstep basses too.

😂

Or FM can sound like a Yamaha YM2612 sound chip, just add TB Bitjuggler.

Then again, playing with Omega, it seems Omega's FM operators are sinewaves only, and you can get better FM synthesis from Nambu. 😉 Quite versatile and goes beyond "boring 80s chime" sounds, lol. (But I do like those FM chimes personally.)

• edited June 2023

@ecou said:

Not sure how far you can go with Omega but just think about this - bellow track all sounds includinh drums is bssically 4op FM synthesies .. yes there is a bit cheating cause rhere is also resonant filter - but all sounds before filter are made using 4op FM engine :)

FM is giga powerfull synthesis, it can do WAY much morr than just 80’s basses and epianos :)

• @dendy said:

@ecou said:

Not sure how far you can go with Omega but just think about this - bellow track all sounds includinh drums is bssically 4op FM synthesies .. yes there is a bit cheating cause rhere is also resonant filter - but all sounds before filter are made using 4op FM engine :)

FM is giga powerfull synthesis, it can do WAY much morr than just 80’s basses and epianos :)

Nice!