Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS - Monolit

Comments

• edited June 2022

[mod removed]

• @Zerozerozero

Let's stick to the new app Monolit because that's what we're here for.

There's off topic and other sites where we can actually express our views properly
    and we're seeing Far Right propaganda on the AB Forum because of "freedom of speech".
    They are free to speak, no else is.

• I cannot believe this one is free. Thank you Bleass, love your stuff, now this gift… keep Rocking

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bleass-monolit/id1589410030

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I cannot believe this one is free. Thank you Bleass, love your stuff, now this gift… keep Rocking

It's an awesome in your face synth and very good for a freebie,
    one of the best freebies on the iOS platform right now.

• Superrrrr, thank you Bleassssss!

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:
    As things seem to have calmed down…this short video is 100% politics and criticism free, guaranteed. Just music, 5 instances of Monolit 🤷‍♂️

Exactly.

I thought this was a good demo.
    Well done.

• @AppJunky said:
    As things seem to have calmed down…this short video is 100% politics and criticism free, guaranteed. Just music, 5 instances of Monolit 🤷‍♂️

Nice. Has a certain Jan Hammer quality to it that I like.

• @Gravitas said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I cannot believe this one is free. Thank you Bleass, love your stuff, now this gift… keep Rocking

It's an awesome in your face synth and very good for a freebie,
    one of the best freebies on the iOS platform right now.

+1 agreed!
    stable, Streamliner Interface and no "let it seem big"-FX 😉
    That's great, cause we all have lots of Effects. Sure Bleass has great FX in the other synths - but in a Mono synth I think it's better to reduce it to synth-basics to MAX Things Out!

It is for Sure no exact Emulation of....whatever - But, I prefer it over every other "Mono Synth" - model d / syntronik... CPU-usage is Low, Even my old iPad Air 2 Handles it without any Problem ...

• Really fun synth, I really like the fm feature a lot, I’m getting some fun sounds out of it. Thanks for the awesome freebie, @bleassapp

• edited June 2022

Regarding the desktop version of Monolit...

How does one import presets exported from the iOS version? There's no Import button.

Any suggestions, @bleassapp?

Also, although this a free app, it is asking me to register with a serial number. There is no serial number. I was not given one.

UPDATE: I re-downloaded from the BLEASS store and this time I got a registration number. Thanks for that.

But I still see no way to import presets which I exported from the iOS version to my desktop. Any hints?

• edited June 2022

This is a point of irritation for me regarding BLEASS software. Compare Monolit on iOS to what the UI looks like on macOS.

Look at the differences between them. There is no block of buttons to the left on the desktop edition for "Save, Save New, Rename, Import, Export, Delete"... why? Beyond the functioning of the synth itself, file management ranks up there as one of the most important parts of this kind of software.

We need the ease of use of the iOS version's file management moved to the macOS version. Pleeeeeeeeease!

• edited June 2022

Monolit on iOS

• Monolit on macOS

• @NeuM said:
    This is a point of irritation for me regarding BLEASS software. Compare Monolit on iOS to what the UI looks like on macOS.

Look at the differences between them. There is no block of buttons to the left on the desktop edition for "Save, Save New, Rename, Import, Export, Delete"... why? Beyond the functioning of the synth itself, file management ranks up there as one of the most important parts of this kind of software.

We need the ease of use of the iOS version's file management moved to the macOS version. Pleeeeeeeeease!

I see most of those buttons at the bottom of the macOS preset browsing interface. Maybe the expectation is that you’re just dragging and dropping for import/export?

• edited June 2022

@celtic_elk said:

@NeuM said:

I see most of those buttons at the bottom of the macOS preset browsing interface. Maybe the expectation is that you’re just dragging and dropping for import/export?

Where are the missing file management functions, which are arguably even more important on desktop.

And drag and drop doesn't work.

I like BLEASS apps. But the UI inconsistencies between iOS and macOS are fairly common among their apps and they are inexplicable. On a simple app like BLEASS Filter it is less critical.

• @NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

That’s quite a cynical take on a company which just offered a fantastic, simple synth to you for free. The correct response is: “Thank you.”

• edited June 2022

@musikeer said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

That’s quite a cynical take on a company which just offered a fantastic, simple synth to you for free. The correct response is: “Thank you.”

"I like BLEASS apps. But the UI inconsistencies between iOS and macOS are fairly common among their apps and they are inexplicable."

I own nearly all of their apps on desktop. I paid for this software. And as a paying customer I have an opinion. Nice try. Better luck trolling later.

• edited June 2022

OK. I found a really clunky way to locate the folder where patches are saved on desktop so you can manually drop them there.

(Your Hard Drive) > Users > (Your Name) > Documents > BLEASS > BLEASS Monolit

This really should not be that difficult, but this works.

• @NeuM said:

@musikeer said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

"I like BLEASS apps. But the UI inconsistencies between iOS and macOS are fairly common among their apps and they are inexplicable."

I own nearly all of their apps on desktop. I paid for this software. And as a paying customer I have an opinion. Nice try. Better luck trolling later.

Good add cruneman fallacy: introducing the notion that if you have paid for a product, only you have the authority to
    to criticize this. Even when the product that you are criticizing has been free for you.

While you criticize the others, without knowing if they have paid for other Bleass products.

All of this concluding with an ad hominem fallacy: insulting other user, when you're called for this inconsistency, calling him troll.

But to not derail this thread, and adding something useful, you have the license key for the desktop version in the spam inbox of your email :)

Indeed, you should have two emails in the spam folder. My email server also marked them as spam, with a risk of trying to supplant an identity.

The system that they have created for obtaining this on desktop is a complete mess.

• edited June 2022

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@musikeer said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

Good add cruneman fallacy: introducing the notion that if you have paid for a product, only you have the authority to
    to criticize this. Even when the product that you are criticizing has been free for you.

While you criticize the others, without knowing if they have paid for other Bleass products.

All of this concluding with an ad hominem fallacy: insulting other user, when you're called for this inconsistency, calling him troll.

But to not derail this thread, and adding something useful, you have the license key for the desktop version in the spam inbox of your email :)

Indeed, you should have two emails in the spam folder. My email server also marked them as spam, with a risk of trying to supplant an identity.

The system that they have created for obtaining this on desktop is a complete mess.

Focus on this issue: BLEASS makes great apps which I like (I hope you also like their software) AND they feature an inconsistent UI between iOS and macOS which could definitely be improved.

Do you like to improve things you find useful? I do. And by giving an honest assessment of their software, I hope to see changes which I believe would make them better.

• edited June 2022

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@musikeer said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

Focus on this issue: BLEASS makes great apps which I like (I hope you also like their software) AND they feature an inconsistent UI between iOS and macOS which could definitely be improved.

Do you like to improve things you find useful? I do. And by giving an honest assessment of their software, I hope to see changes which are needed.

I don't see a problem with Bleass apps, or the folder system. I'm an advanced Mac user and I know very well the structure of presets used for each architecture. I never had a single problem finding where the presets of a plugin were stored. And my DAW has a powerful system to manage them.

All these options for sharing presets only make sense on iOS, because you can't access the entire internal storage system of the apps, contrary to Mac.

So they're focusing in the important parts.

Regarding the licensing, registering part, I hope that they learn for this situation. A new software release is always complicated, specially if you're targeting a concrete day, in this case the Music's day celebration.

And for new user not having any previous knowledge of Bleass, this lets a poor taste in the mouth. From the system forcing you to introduce all your data, including addres. To the emails of the company marked as spam and supplanting the identity. Probably, due to having rented the cheapest hosting possible, with a shared server, that it's probably used by other companies for nasty things.

• edited June 2022

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@musikeer said:

@NeuM said:

@NeuM said:

Do you like to improve things you find useful? I do. And by giving an honest assessment of their software, I hope to see changes which are needed.

I don't see a problem with Bleass apps, or the folder system. I'm an advanced Mac user and I know very well the structure of presets used for each architecture. I never had a single problem finding where the presets of a plugin were stored. And my DAW has a powerful system to manage them.

All these options for sharing presets only make sense on iOS, because you can't access the entire internal storage system of the apps, contrary to Mac.

So they're focusing in the important parts.

Regarding the licensing, registering part, I hope that they learn for this situation. A new software release is always complicated, specially if you're targeting a concrete day, in this case the Music's day celebration.

And for new user not having any previous knowledge of Bleass, this lets a poor taste in the mouth. From the system forcing you to introduce all your data, including addres. To the emails of the company marked as spam and supplanting the identity. Probably, due to have rented the cheapest hosting possible, with a shared server, that it's probably used by other companies for nasty things.

I think you have some valid criticisms which BLEASS should consider for improvement.

I am also a long time Mac user and I like a smartly designed piece of software. There is no reason for file management in any synth or plugin effect to be such a pain to work with. Across the board the BLEASS apps should be consistent in function and file management on both iOS and macOS. There's no excuse for not making sure the experience on one is the same on the other (except for the touch UI, of course).

Custom patches on iOS can be stored on device or in the user's iCloud account. iCloud storage of patches would be ideal for BLEASS so both iOS and desktop versions could access them instantly and always be in sync.

• @AppJunky said:

Oh yeah! This is ace :love: :sunglasses:

• I dig how Bleass approaches UI design. Their apps are at least usable on the iPhone, which is nice to have walking the dog, etc.

AppJunky's video reminds me I need to get to work with Drambo.

• edited July 2022
  • edited July 2022
  • @Pynchon said:
    And I say this with a mail account flooded by nasty spam, since I started to give my email and data to download all of these "free" desktop plugins :)

You don't have a fake Gmail or Yahoo account for doing product regos and things where you don't want to give out your real email address?

• @AppJunky said:

Very nice one! 3/5 tho, lacks politics and criticism lol

• @Simon said:

@Pynchon said:
    And I say this with a mail account flooded by nasty spam, since I started to give my email and data to download all of these "free" desktop plugins :)

You don't have a fake Gmail or Yahoo account for doing product regos and things where you don't want to give out your real email address?

I'm a bit neurotic when I'm registering plugins. While I don't consider myself a professional, and just someone slowly learning, I like to do things in a professional way, thinking in the future.

So to have every license that I can potentially use for a professional work registered under my name, it's important, to avoid legal problems.

Not to talk of having access in the future to things like obtaining my registered number if I lose this.

Of course, this is much more important for things like sample libraries. Imagine that I purchase a Spitfire Audio orchestral library, spending 400 bucks. That I register this under a fake name. Then I use this for a composition for something like a commercial. This musical piece is registered under my name. The company detects that I'm using its library. But this library wasn't registered under my real name, the one used for managing the royalities in my composition.

It's a very remote possibility, something that is almost impossible to happen. But as I said, I'm neurotic :)