Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS - Monolit

Comments

• @Silvertip said:

@Pynchon said:
    It's a cool synth, but it will be great if this combination of virtual analog plus FM synthesis with the Bleass flavour is expanded to a paid polyphonic synthesizer, including some factory effects like reverb, delay and chorus.

You can do polyphony right now with the Polythemus app.

https://apps.apple.com/app/polythemus-au/id1439815017

Doug from TheSoundTestRoom explains it all.

You can also do this in dRambo quite easily.

• @knewspeak said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:
    It's a cool synth, but it will be great if this combination of virtual analog plus FM synthesis with the Bleass flavour is expanded to a paid polyphonic synthesizer, including some factory effects like reverb, delay and chorus.

Later with some time I will try to create a device in Bitwig in my secondary partition, with various instances of Monolith to achieve a 3 polyphonic voices sound, so I can use chords. With some basic effects included.

Nah. It’s perfect as a mono synth.

Unless you want to create a chord ambient pad, with three sustained voices.

I see this as a cool promotion, with artificial limitations: see what you can achieve with other Bleass synths. If you want the full thing without limitations like a single voice, and with added effects, purchase our full synthesizers.

Indeed, it's a very common practice for free synths promoting a brand. Look at the ones gifted by Computer Music: a lot of them, are the same versions, but limited to a single monophonic voice, example: Madrona Labs Aaalto.

Also, not having included effects exclude this from a lot of cool "One Synth Challenge" competitions, in which the rule is to use a single synth through different instances, without external effects, to create an entire song. And most of these competitions tend to use free synths, so everyone can participate.

That’s quite a cynical take on a company which just offered a fantastic, simple synth to you for free. The correct response is: “Thank you.”

Read my comment:

"I see this as a cool promotion" :)

You're trying to create (other) controversy where there is none.

And of course, plugin developers have the freedom to create free promotional synths of the brand, as a small teaser for their full products (and it's great to have these!)

U-he do this (Zebralette, as an introduction to Zebra), Newfangled Audio do this (Pendulate, as an introduction to Generate), NUSofting do this (Sinnah, as an introduction to Sinmad) and now Bleass has his very own cool teaser for their full products.

And I hope that all of those succeed.

If you find these words disgusting or cynical, you have quite a problem :)

I’d say it’s a promo, but I’d still say thanks BLEASS <3

Exactly.

• @Pynchon said:

@knewspeak said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Later with some time I will try to create a device in Bitwig in my secondary partition, with various instances of Monolith to achieve a 3 polyphonic voices sound, so I can use chords. With some basic effects included.

I see this as a cool promotion, with artificial limitations: see what you can achieve with other Bleass synths. If you want the full thing without limitations like a single voice, and with added effects, purchase our full synthesizers.

Indeed, it's a very common practice for free synths promoting a brand. Look at the ones gifted by Computer Music: a lot of them, are the same versions, but limited to a single monophonic voice, example: Madrona Labs Aaalto.

Also, not having included effects exclude this from a lot of cool "One Synth Challenge" competitions, in which the rule is to use a single synth through different instances, without external effects, to create an entire song. And most of these competitions tend to use free synths, so everyone can participate.

That’s quite a cynical take on a company which just offered a fantastic, simple synth to you for free. The correct response is: “Thank you.”

Read my comment:

And of course, plugin developers have the freedom to create free promotional synths of the brand, as a small teaser for their full products (and it's great to have these!)

U-he do this (Zebralette, as an introduction to Zebra), Newfangled Audio do this (Pendulate, as an introduction to Generate), NUSofting do this (Sinnah, as an introduction to Sinmad) and now Bleass has his very own cool teaser for their full products.

I will add that I'm not so happy with be forced to include ALL MY PERSONAL data in a registration, including my name and my address, to be able to download the desktop version.

So it's not completely free, in comparison with other free or open source options that can be downloaded without exchanging your data.

So it's not free, but it cost less that other paid synths that also include mandatory forms to include your personal data when you make the payment.

And I say this with a mail account flooded by nasty spam, since I started to give my email and data to download all of these "free" desktop plugins :)

Before this, I had zero emails in my spam inbox.

You have always had a choice to not download or register to use software. No one is entitled to something for nothing. The exchange is your data for their software. If you don’t like the deal, don’t take it.

• @NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@knewspeak said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Read my comment:

I will add that I'm not so happy with be forced to include ALL MY PERSONAL data in a registration, including my name and my address, to be able to download the desktop version.

So it's not completely free, in comparison with other free or open source options that can be downloaded without exchanging your data.

So it's not free, but it cost less that other paid synths that also include mandatory forms to include your personal data when you make the payment.

And I say this with a mail account flooded by nasty spam, since I started to give my email and data to download all of these "free" desktop plugins :)

Before this, I had zero emails in my spam inbox.

You have always had a choice to not download or register to use software. No one is entitled to something for nothing. The exchange is your data for their software. If you don’t like the deal, don’t take it.

At least we coincide in that this isn't free, at least on desktop :)

• This is so much fun! Thank you BLEASS 🙏 And by all means, do more of these 🤷‍♂️😂

• Lovely synth, and merci pour ça. But it does seem a bit odd to have to give your exact physical address for the desktop version. I wonder if it’s because Bleass has a standard registration page they’ve used as a template. Anyway, it’s a lovely inclusive gesture in a country which has seen unfortunate far-right gains this week. So thanks again.

• @MadGav said:

@knewspeak said:

@jolico said:
    This is awesome 👏
    Very SH-101

It’s cool, but not a 101.

It’s not, but it has something of that vibe - all sweet spot and sliders (I used to own a 101 and played it live a lot).

I still have my SH-101 and it’s metal cousin, the SH-09.
    So quick & easy to get the sounds I want.

This has the things I like about them plus a few more cool tricks.

• edited June 2022

@purpan2 said:
    Lovely synth, and merci pour ça. But it does seem a bit odd to have to give your exact physical address for the desktop version. I wonder if it’s because Bleass has a standard registration page they’ve used as a template. Anyway, it’s a lovely inclusive gesture in a country which has seen unfortunate far-right gains this week. So thanks again.

To the contrary, France may finally be choosing a more sensible path. Congratulations to the voters there. Isn’t that what a “democracy” is all about?

• I really enjoy playing this synth! It sounds surprisingly rich and the presets are inspiring!

• @NeuM said:

@purpan2 said:
    Lovely synth, and merci pour ça. But it does seem a bit odd to have to give your exact physical address for the desktop version. I wonder if it’s because Bleass has a standard registration page they’ve used as a template. Anyway, it’s a lovely inclusive gesture in a country which has seen unfortunate far-right gains this week. So thanks again.

To the contrary, France may finally be choosing a more sensible path. Congratulations to the voters there. Isn’t that what a “democracy” is all about?

Marine le pen - "The policies that I represent are the policies represented by Trump and Putin".

• @NeuM said:

@purpan2 said:

Fortunately more people voted for the left-wing alliance than for the right. They’ll appreciate your congratulations, I’m sure.

• If y’all want to discuss the French election, a separate "Off-Topic" thread would be a better place.

• Excuse me all this is important.

@Zerozerozero said:

Marine le pen - "The policies that I represent are the policies represented by Trump and Putin".

I've been steering clear of the news for the past couple of weeks.
    This is not good news.
    Thank you for the update.

🙏🏾

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @celtic_elk said:
    If y’all want to discuss the French election, a separate "Off-Topic" thread would be a better place.

You’re quite right. My fault - I apologise.

• @Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Just because it’s monophonic doesn’t mean it’s not a full synth or it has artificial limitations. Mono synths have existed for years. Before polyphonic synths even.

My criteria for a good synth doesn’t include “can I use this for a one synth challenge” and I’m sure it’s that way for Bleass, and most users.

• Has anyone tried it next to an SH-101 or emulation of it?

• edited June 2022

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Just because it’s monophonic doesn’t mean it’s not a full synth or it has artificial limitations. Mono synths have existed for years. Before polyphonic synths even.

My criteria for a good synth doesn’t include “can I use this for a one synth challenge” and I’m sure it’s that way for Bleass, and most users.

Without entering in the monophonic / polyphonic question, because sure, there is still a market for monophonic synths, even in the software world, and this is related to looking for a concrete workflow and type of sound (but honestly I think that this isn't the case with this synth, something debatable)...

Why all the others Bleass synths include effects, that are some of the best in the industry, and this not?

Well, because it's intended as a promotional product.

The problem comes when some people see this as a demeaning qualifier, which is far from my intention.

It's like you try to say me that Baby's Audio Magic Switch (available on iOS), isn't a streamlined product intended for introducing the brand, based on Super VHS (which is amazing).

Is this cool for a product that can be downloaded for free on iOS? Yes, sure.

But can I say that this doesn't live to the functionality of the rest of the Bleass synth lineup, and that I could have preferred a paid synth, with the full functionality and excellent effects that they are used to include in the rest of their products?

• edited June 2022

@NeuM said:

@purpan2 said:

@NeuM I'm french. I suggest you make better researchs about the french politic situation right now.

I personally don't enjoy reading about politic in a music thread.

• @celtic_elk said:
    If y’all want to discuss the French election, a separate "Off-Topic" thread would be a better place.

I agree. I wasn’t the one who brought it up.

• @moher said:

@NeuM said:

@purpan2 said:

I'm french. I suggest you make better researchs about the french politic situation right now.

I personally don't enjoy reading about politic in a music thread.

Tell @purpan2, not me.

• @Gravitas said:
    Excuse me all this is important.

@Zerozerozero said:

I've been steering clear of the news for the past couple of weeks.
    This is not good news.
    Thank you for the update.

🙏🏾

You heard them. Majority rules. Take the politics to a separate thread.

• edited June 2022

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Without entering in the monophonic / polyphonic question, because sure, there is still a market for monophonic synths, even in the software world, and this is related to looking for a concrete workflow and type of sound (but honestly I think that this isn't the case with this synth, something debatable)...

Why all the others Bleass synths include effects, that are some of the best in the industry, and this not?

The problem comes when some people see this as a demeaning qualifier, which is far from my intention.

It's like you try to say me that Baby's Audio Magic Switch (available on iOS), isn't a streamlined product intended for introducing the brand, based on Super VHS (which is amazing).

But can I say that this doesn't live to the functionality of the rest of the Bleass synth lineup, and that I could have preferred a paid synth, with the full functionality and excellent effects that they are used to include in the rest of their products?

Ah okay I see what you’re saying then. I think I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. It definitely does seem like a promotional product, but in todays cluttered world, I think every developer kinda needs that. I’m honestly surprised at the amount of features we did get for free. I was expecting Model D levels of simplicity, but there’s actually a decent amount going on under the hood.

Personally, built in effects isn’t a huge thing for me. It’s very nice to have them, especially unique ones like VHS synth, but I usually end up using other plugins for effects anyway.

Speaking of Baby Audio, I read something on here a week or 2 ago saying one of their bigger paid apps is getting ported in full. Or it seemed to be that way anyway. Which kinda furthers your point honestly.

• @HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Ah okay I see what you’re saying then. I think I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. It definitely does seem like a promotional product, but in todays cluttered world, I think every developer kinda needs that. I’m honestly surprised at the amount of features we did get for free. I was expecting Model D levels of simplicity, but there’s actually a decent amount going on under the hood.

Personally, built in effects isn’t a huge thing for me. It’s very nice to have them, especially unique ones like VHS synth, but I usually end up using other plugins for effects anyway.

Speaking of Baby Audio, I read something on here a week or 2 ago saying one of their bigger paid apps is getting ported I full. Or it seemed to be that way anyway. Which kinda furthers your point honestly.

It’s also not quite fair to compare the Monolit to the Model D. I’ll just say I really like both. They’re each doing something different and very cool.

• edited June 2022

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Speaking of Baby Audio, I read something on here a week or 2 ago saying one of their bigger paid apps is getting ported in full. Or it seemed to be that way anyway. Which kinda furthers your point honestly.

I have read that his first paid product for iOS, will be Crystaline.

Does the world need other reverb?

I will say, hell, YES :smile:

• @Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Does the world needs other reverb?

You are correct. It will be Crystalline. It intrigues me, but not enough to get it on macOS yet. Maybe the iOS version will convince me.

• edited June 2022

@NeuM said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Speaking of Baby Audio, I read something on here a week or 2 ago saying one of their bigger paid apps is getting ported I full. Or it seemed to be that way anyway. Which kinda furthers your point honestly.

It’s also not quite fair to compare the Monolit to the Model D. I’ll just say I really like both. They’re each doing something different and very cool.

Wasn’t comparing them in a 1v1. Just saying I expected it to be more simple in that way, but Monolit has quite a bit more features. Which, for free, surprised me.

• @Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

We can ALWAYS use more reverbs and delays. I’m a sucker for both (but especially delays - been obsessed with Kosmonaut lately).

• @HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

We can ALWAYS use more reverbs and delays. I’m a sucker for both (but especially delays - been obsessed with Kosmonaut lately).

I won't buy delays in quite a long time. I love them, but I found the delay of my dreams, Deelay :)

This is a free one for desktop. One of the most powerful and best sounding effects that I have heard. It's more powerful and even better that Valhalla Delay and Soundtoys Echoboy, together. It's crazy that they aren't selling this for 100 bucks. It has ended in every recent track that I have made. Even for coloration, instead of delay, it always improves the sound. Crazy DSP wizardry behind.

• @Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@HotStrange said:

@Pynchon said:

@NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

I won't buy delays in quite a long time. I love them, but I found the delay of my dreams, Deelay :)

This is a free one for desktop. One of the most powerful and best sounding effects that I have heard. It's more powerful and even better that Valhalla Delay and Soundtoys Echoboy, together. It's crazy that they aren't selling this for 100 bucks. It has ended in every recent track that I have made. Even for coloration, instead of delay, it always improves the sound. Crazy DSP wizardry behind.

Woah that looks awesome. Saving this for when I finally buy another MacBook (hopefully before the years over).

I think I have almost every delay on iOS right now and at least half the reverbs or so. I’m always drawn more to delay effects for whatever reason. There are so many cool ones out there now.