Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS - Monolit

Comments

• edited June 2022

@echoopera said:
    It’s amazing what the internet can provide one with these days:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fête_de_la_Musique

Yep, that’s how I found the information. Still never heard of it before and never saw or heard it announced in any context.

• Monolith. it sounds like such a huge app. wonder what it is? maybe it’s a combination of all their other apps? excited to see what it is

• It was mentioned that it's a nice little synth and that the price will surprise us...
    ...so my guess is a 'Freebie' to celebrate the music day :sunglasses:

• @Paulo164 said:

@NeuM said:

@taeo said:
    There’s an annual festival in Pasadena, California centered around the holiday. I’ve gone a handful of times. From the website: “ Each year, on June 21st, we celebrate Make Music Day, a free celebration of music, launched in 1982 in France as the Fete de la Musique, and now held in more than 1200 cities in 120 countries.

Musicians of every age, culture, genre, and skill level are encouraged to create a FREE outdoor concert and play, on sidewalks, streets, parks or at home on social media, to share music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. ”

But BLEASS isn’t even in the US. So, that can’t be it.

Bleass is a French company. France, where the Make Music Day was « invented ».

Jepp. See the Text above. In...1982...those were the (good old) Plastic Toys ancient Times - Well Not the Plastic, but the world was another one. Not better per se, but it was more peaceful! So lets bring Back the Music and Peace will follow!

• Maybe a take on this?

• Red Sky Lullaby confirmed on Twitter that it is in fact a "little monosynth synth." I wonder if it will be based on the groovebox monosynth or something completely new.

• edited June 2022

@NeuM said:

@echoopera said:
    It’s amazing what the internet can provide one with these days:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fête_de_la_Musique

Yep, that’s how I found the information. Still never heard of it before and never saw or heard it announced in any context.

"La fête de la musique" is one of the biggest celebration we have in France. There is music performances of all styles about everywhere . In the street, bars, squares,libraries, shops... there is also stages of all size. Everybody can play or perform.

• @Samu said:
    It was mentioned that it's a nice little synth and that the price will surprise us...
    ...so my guess is a 'Freebie' to celebrate the music day :sunglasses:

cool!

• Any news on this? I know the time difference is probably a consideration here.

• Here is my demo

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here is my demo

Oh man this sounds fantastic! And FREE 🤩 when is this thing coming out? Don’t see it on the App Store yet.

• Think is out in next few hours

• @HotStrange said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here is my demo

Oh man this sounds fantastic! And FREE 🤩 when is this thing coming out? Don’t see it on the App Store yet.

Great demo! Definitely making use of this in my Make Music Day piece tomorrow!

• This is so 😍. Thank you @RedSkyLullaby and especially @bleassapp

• edited June 2022

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Here is my demo

Will there also be a desktop version? Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

• @NeuM said:
    Will there also be a desktop version? Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Yes, Mac & Windows: https://www.bleass.com/monolit

• I want to get the desktop version too but at the moment, the download link leads to the Filter plugin page. I'm sure it would be fixed soon.

• Here's a quick run of presets

• @eylvy said:
    I want to get the desktop version too but at the moment, the download link leads to the Filter plugin page. I'm sure it would be fixed soon.

Here's a good link: https://www.bleass.com/product/bleass-monolit/

• Well, thank you, Bleass! :)

• edited June 2022

It's in the Australian store now. $0 and it seems like a lot of fun after playing with it for the first few minutes.

Interesting that it has MPE in a monophonic synth - the MPE controls seem to do "interesting stuff", but I'm pretty sure it can't be both monophonic and MPE simultaneously. Small gripe for the pedants like me, and the sounds and beautiful Bleass UI completely make up for it. Another winner from Bleass

• Great gesture to give us a freebie bravo to @Bleass

• @monch1962 said:

Interesting that it has MPE in a monophonic synth - the MPE controls seem to do "interesting stuff", but I'm pretty sure it can't be both monophonic and MPE simultaneously. Small gripe for the pedants like me, and the sounds and beautiful Bleass UI completely make up for it. Another winner from Bleass

With MPE, the expressive controls from a single key only affect that single note, so it's not really impossible. Maybe call it MME? :)

• Was a bit sceptical but turns out I really like this synth. Simple, fast and focused, thank you @bleassapp for such a gift!
    One thing I can't figure out is octave buttons above the pitch/mod wheels. They alter the sound but keyboard still remains at C5...

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2022

What a lovely freebie. Certainly don't need any more synths but, as ever for Bleass, beautifully clear layout. Inspirational actually. Lack of effects is a bonus for me and I love synths with a favourites function for the presets. Bravo.

Edit: and it just made me buy Omega!

• Another great app from Bleass - and free.

Thank you Bleass!

• I use Alpha and Omega a lot, looking forward to getting this into some projects. I live their stuff.

• @FPC said:
    What a lovely freebie. Certainly don't need any more synths but, as ever for Bleass, beautifully clear layout. Inspirational actually. Lack of effects is a bonus for me and I love synths with a favourites function for the presets. Bravo.

Edit: and it just made me buy Omega!

Favorites function AND random function!

Bleass always hits it out of the park