Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getting Rid of "ghost alarms"

Ever since I migrated to a new phone 6 months ago, alarms that were on my old home continue to sound daily even though I deleted them. I have even deleted all alarms. I see that a lot of people experience this but have yet to find a remedy.

Has anyone had that problem and solved it without wiping their phone?

Comments

• I don't have ghost alarms, but I get ghost notifications. Even though I have Time Sensitive notifications turned off on all my devices, I continue to get them for my main calendar.

• @espiegel123 Not exactly sure what you mean by "alarms", but if you migrated to the new phone by restoring a backup, you may have an app that still thinks it's on the old device. The happened to me with the Simplenote app. After restoring a backup to a new iPad, it began misbehaving. The trick was to uninstall and reinstall. Apparently, it picked up some sort of ID during the install, which finally made it different from the app on the old device. The data was all in the cloud, so nothing was lost.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Ever since I migrated to a new phone 6 months ago, alarms that were on my old home continue to sound daily even though I deleted them. I have even deleted all alarms. I see that a lot of people experience this but have yet to find a remedy.

That's a new one... maybe check your iCloud settings? They might be backed up there and causing problems when the phone syncs with your cloud backup.

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

That's a new one... maybe check your iCloud settings? They might be backed up there and causing problems when the phone syncs with your cloud backup.

These are the alarms set in the clock app. Not cloud related.

@uncledave : these are alarms from the clock app. There is no longer a corresponding alarm in the clock app.

• edited June 2022

Try deleting all of your alarms. You can use Siri- say, ‘delete all alarms’. You will have to add new alarms from scratch but worked for me when i had the same problem.

• @bpert said:
    Try deleting all of your alarms. You can use Siri- say, ‘delete all alarms’. You will have to add new alarms from scratch but worked for me when i had the same problem.

I did that some months ago, twice. Maybe I will try again in case ios 15.x solved it.

• Have you tried setting a new alarm for the time (and maybe other configuration variables) of the ghost alarm and then turn the new alarm off? I'm wondering if the clock app is just an interface to a DB file and the actual alarms are run be a system service and the clock's config data is out of sync with the imported system service data.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Have you tried setting a new alarm for the time (and maybe other configuration variables) of the ghost alarm and then turn the new alarm off? I'm wondering if the clock app is just an interface to a DB file and the actual alarms are run be a system service and the clock's config data is out of sync with the imported system service data.

Yup. Same time and exact same name. It amazes me that Apple hasn't fixed. There are hundreds of comments about the issue on the Apple support forum. Fo many delete all works. But not all. For some wiping the device and restoring from a backup works bit not for all. It does seem like it os the result of a corrupted database.

• Notifications but not alarms are bugbears for me,
    Though I did have this glitch when switching calendar types !
    Lol

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    Have you tried setting a new alarm for the time (and maybe other configuration variables) of the ghost alarm and then turn the new alarm off? I'm wondering if the clock app is just an interface to a DB file and the actual alarms are run be a system service and the clock's config data is out of sync with the imported system service data.

Yup. Same time and exact same name. It amazes me that Apple hasn't fixed. There are hundreds of comments about the issue on the Apple support forum. Fo many delete all works. But not all. For some wiping the device and restoring from a backup works bit not for all. It does seem like it os the result of a corrupted database.

Well, that sucks. This has to be one of the most annoying bugs I've ever heard of. It would drive me nuts. It looks like some of the reports are from several years ago too.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Well, that sucks. This has to be one of the most annoying bugs I've ever heard of. It would drive me nuts. It looks like some of the reports are from several years ago too.

It is crazy. I wouldn’t have believed it if it weren’t happening to me. I will try Siri’s delete all in case a recent os update fixed it.

Btw, I suspect a cause is migrating from a phone with an ancient os to a current os. I am guessing some issue where aspects of an old record format has implications when you delete the alarms in the old format.

• @id_23 said:
    Notifications but not alarms are bugbears for me,
    Though I did have this glitch when switching calendar types !
    Lol

That's a lot of broken glass.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

It is crazy. I wouldn’t have believed it if it weren’t happening to me. I will try Siri’s delete all in case a recent os update fixed it.

Btw, I suspect a cause is migrating from a phone with an ancient os to a current os. I am guessing some issue where aspects of an old record format has implications when you delete the alarms in the old format.

Yes. You could try deleting the Clock app, and its data, of course. Then restore it from the AppStore. That should create a new clean copy.

• @uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Yes. You could try deleting the Clock app, and its data, of course. Then restore it from the AppStore. That should create a new clean copy.

Nice idea… but you can’t actually delete the Clock…it will tell you that it will remove it from the Home Screen and leave the data intact.

• @espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Nice idea… but you can’t actually delete the Clock…it will tell you that it will remove it from the Home Screen and leave the data intact.

Even if the clock app could be deleted. it might not be its state that is causing the issue.

I saw one other thing mentioned that made me wonder if it might be part of the problem. It seems that there is some link between the Reminders app on the Mac and iCloud and alarms on iOS. Maybe if you ever did anything with the Reminders app it set some data in iCloud that keeps getting reimported.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Even if the clock app could be deleted. it might not be its state that is causing the issue.

I saw one other thing mentioned that made me wonder if it might be part of the problem. It seems that there is some link between the Reminders app on the Mac and iCloud and alarms on iOS. Maybe if you ever did anything with the Reminders app it set some data in iCloud that keeps getting reimported.

These are alarms from the clock app not reminder notifications. Alarm data seems to be only local…none of my other devices has these alarms.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

These are alarms from the clock app not reminder notifications. Alarm data seems to be only local…none of my other devices has these alarms.

The thing I saw indicated that there was some relationship between the clock app on iOS and the reminders app on the Mac via iCloud sync. It's definitely a far outside chance that this would be a cause, but if you have ever used the reminders app, it could be worth a try resetting that app too (if that is even possible).

• @NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

The thing I saw indicated that there was some relationship between the clock app on iOS and the reminders app on the Mac via iCloud sync. It's definitely a far outside chance that this would be a cause, but if you have ever used the reminders app, it could be worth a try resetting that app too (if that is even possible).

Resetting the reminders wouldn't be feasible for me.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Resetting the reminders wouldn't be feasible for me.

Yeah, I figured that was likely the case. This feels like something that people would have already figured out how to solve if you could open up a terminal window and get at the file that's a problem. Unfortunately, everything is more complicated now.

• Hi - thread resurrection!

I have just upgraded to an ipad Air 4th Gen from a 2014 ipad Air 2. I have a ghost alarm that goes through one cycle of the tune every weekday morning at 0530. I used to have an alarm set at this time but cancelled it years ago.
    I thought transferring to the new ipad would be the end of my woes but sadly not!
    If anyone has any further ideas beyond what has already been discussed above I'd be very grateful!

Thanks, all.

• @Yorkie said:
    Hi - thread resurrection!

I have just upgraded to an ipad Air 4th Gen from a 2014 ipad Air 2. I have a ghost alarm that goes through one cycle of the tune every weekday morning at 0530. I used to have an alarm set at this time but cancelled it years ago.
    I thought transferring to the new ipad would be the end of my woes but sadly not!
    If anyone has any further ideas beyond what has already been discussed above I'd be very grateful!

Thanks, all.

I have three alarms like that and their daily occurrence is driving me mad. I would love to find a solution.

• Hi @Yorkie . I cannot help you, but it's not a surprise that the rogue alarm persisted. You restored a backup, so your new device is a clone of the old one in every possible respect.

• Maybe try setting a new one up at the time of the existing one and deleting it to see if the delete catches both the old and the new?

• @michael_m said:
    Maybe try setting a new one up at the time of the existing one and deleting it to see if the delete catches both the old and the new?

Tried that many times..including making sure the names are identical. I think it is a database issue. I have also tried the delete all alarms command and an erase all settings command recommended on an Apple support page.