Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rat Bastard

Anyone into ska? (currently structured for vocals)

Comments

• Nice one! Personally, I've been revisiting a lot of the early work of The Specials, Fun Boy Three, Madness and others of the same time period.

What was your recording process on this one? Very clean and great mix.

• edited June 2022

@NeuM said:
    Nice one! Personally, I've been revisiting a lot of the early work of The Specials, Fun Boy Three, Madness and others of the same time period.

What was your recording process on this one? Very clean and great mix.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback, glad you liked it. Rat Bastard was performed and produced entirely on my iPhone 8 Plus in Garageband, using GarageBand’s virtual instruments.

Apps used were:
    GarageBand
    TB Reelbus
    Wider
    Grand Finale for mastering

The bagpipes were imported from a song downloaded from iTunes then cut/pasted/trimmed/tweaked as needed.

I applied Reelbus to pretty much every track, and used Wider on the horn tracks. I used GarageBand’s visual EQ to cut and highlight the desired frequencies on each track. Exported to Grand Finale and tweaked a few knobs.

• Very cool piece and it sounds really great. It's really something that this can be done on a pocket computer!

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Very cool piece and it sounds really great. It's really something that this can be done on a pocket computer!

Thanks for listening and for the kind feedback. It truly is amazing what can be done nowadays on a pocket sized computer.