Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Entangled, by Genesis 1976

Genesis, an English rock band, released "Trick of the Tail" album in 1976.
The second track from this album - "Entangled".

"Entangled" originated from a piece by Steve Hackett that Tony Banks particularly liked and went on to write the chorus and closing synthesizer solo. Hackett also wrote the lyrics which Phil Collins thought had a Mary Poppins feel to them.

This song is dedicated to all music lovers of this world, peace and love to all peoples!!!

Comments

• Great cover of a great tune.

• You inspired me to check out the original recording to see if this album was post Peter Gabriel or not.
    Phil Collins voice confirmed this was the album that come out after Peter Gabriel left to do a solo act.
    Thankfully, both the band and the solo artist thrived.

Nice tune delivered with conviction and respect for the original.

• Great voice, thank you for sharing!

• @Tovokas said:
    Great cover of a great tune.

Hi Tovokas,
    I love your comment!
    This is truly a Genesis work of art, a true classic!
    Thank you.
    Rene

• @McD said:
    You inspired me to check out the original recording to see if this album was post Peter Gabriel or not.
    Phil Collins voice confirmed this was the album that come out after Peter Gabriel left to do a solo act.
    Thankfully, both the band and the solo artist thrived.

Nice tune delivered with conviction and respect for the original.

Hi McD,
    You are a very educated musician!
    Phil Collins and the band did a wonderful job on this song, and I had to cover it, as close I can to the original.
    I actually lowered the pitch on my cover, as the original music is very high for my vocal range.
    An online friend requested me to sing this song.
    I have not heard this song before, and was not in-love with it when I first heard it.
    Maybe because of the complexity of the music, and the instrumentation.
    This is not an easy song to cover (for me).
    The more I studied the song, the more I fell in love with "Entangled"!
    One of my fav, today!!!
    Thank you so much, McD!!!
    Rene

• @Kitusai said:
    Great voice, thank you for sharing!

Hi Kitusai,
    Love your great comment!!!
    Thank you so much!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• edited June 2022

This is one of my favourite songs of all time. I never would have thought of someone doing it in a solo singer songwriter fashion, as the arrangement of the original is such a bit part of it for me. But it worked surprisingly well!

The psychedelic ending with the Taurus bass pedals, mellotron, 12 string guitar layers and haunting solo synth line is one of my favourite things ever. On the remastered version they spoiled it in my opinion coz they dialled the reverb way back. The original record version is just so evocative and stunning

Hope you don’t mind if I note a lyric correction… the slumbers are Freudian, not Phrygian.

Anyway, really nice version, didn’t imagine I’d see that covered!

Edit: just read your reply to McD… seems the things I love about it are maybe the things you don’t, or didn’t… funny!

• A brave choice to cover with just a solo guitar and it came across very well, adding a different feel to the original (which is always great in a cover). I love the original, the synth outro is monumental!

• @SimonSomeone said:
    This is one of my favourite songs of all time. I never would have thought of someone doing it in a solo singer songwriter fashion, as the arrangement of the original is such a bit part of it for me. But it worked surprisingly well!

Hi SimonSomeone,
    Thank you for the great feedback.
    On my reply to McD, what I meant was - if I only knew, beforehand, how complex the original recording was done, I might have shied away from covering this song with just my acoustic guitar. Don't get me wrong, I love the original recording. I was just focused on learning the melody of the song, and was not aware of the major layering going on, which I loved as well. I, also was not aware of their re-mastered version.
    My pronunciation of the word Freudian is not correct, I knew it was Freudian, but my tongue got twisted, hahahaha.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful comments!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @PhilW said:
    A brave choice to cover with just a solo guitar and it came across very well, adding a different feel to the original (which is always great in a cover). I love the original, the synth outro is monumental!

Hi Phil,
    Looking back, I also would have said "No way"
    I was only brave, because I did not know the recording process of this classic song by 10cc, which I truly love!!!
    A friend requested this song to be covered, and I was just focused on the main melody line.
    Truly, a beautiful classic creation, way ahead of its time.
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Hi Rene, very nice rendition. Curious, are you using iOS? If not, how did you find your way here?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi Rene, very nice rendition. Curious, are you using iOS? If not, how did you find your way here?

Hi LenearLineman,
    The closest thing I am using is the UAD Volt 2/76, Audio Interface, and I love this.
    I am also using my iPhone for my recording, when I am off grid.
    Thanks for your great feedback!!!
    I am so fortunate to have found this truly "alive", and musically elevated forum.
    A friend from another synth forum KVR led me to check out this excellent forum.
    You guys are very much appreciated, and much loved.
    Thank you LL, so much, for your kindness and openness!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Lovely performance… don’t know the original but will have a listen… many thanks 😊

• Hi GeoTony,
    Thank you for your great comment.
    I am so glad yo have introduced you to this beautiful classic by Genesis.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• edited June 2022

I have really enjoyed your renditions Rene. Very soulful. I found myself being carried off listening to the Leon Russel song.
    Fwiw, a kind, earnest heart also comes through in your music.

• @BirbHope said:
    I have really enjoyed your renditions Rene. Very soulful. I found myself being carried off listening to the Leon Russel song.
    Fwiw, a kind, earnest heart also comes through in your music.

Hi BirdHope,
    I really like your comments!
    Especially the "earnest heart".
    You are very generous person, and much appreciated!!!
    Thank you so much!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @[Deleted User] said:

++++++++++++

I am not sure if the "user" in question, was banned / deleted.
    I do appreciate the comments!
    Very educated and so enjoyable to read.
    Thanks for the correction on Freudian!
    Love your response!!!
    Thank you!
    With much respect,
    Rene

• Wow! I missed this first time around but so glad it was bumped. What a real talent you are @ReneAsologuitar !
    This is an enchanting cover. Not a common singer/acoustic guitar choice but you executed it perfectly.

• edited May 2023

Hi @ReneAsologuitar ! This was a new track to me, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Lovely playing on this one! And superlative singing, of course. I really do feel you need an agent, or a contract, or an Emmie or something :)

This piece put me in mind of the slightly spooky pseudo-folk and thoroughly Pagan acoustic musical interludes in the full score for the cult folk-horror movie classic The Wickerman. E.g: