Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - First Flip Experiment

So I challenged myself last week to see if I could use Flip Sampler to live produce Ambient. I won't lie, Flip isn't nearly as feature packed as Koala Sampler by a longshot, but I think I did pretty well within its limitations. :)

I recorded the live performance and then ran it through Alteza and Reelbus in AUM. Cheers and enjoy!

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

Rain in the Ambient house... I need to give Flip another look to see if there have been updates.

UPDATE:
    Well… they added MIDI IN/OUT but it’s broken in AUM for me.

• Hi JWM,
    Very interesting sounds on this recording.
    Your understanding with these gadgets is tremendous.
    Thanks for sharing this project.
    Rene

• @McD said:
    Rain in the Ambient house... I need to give Flip another look to see if there have been updates.

UPDATE:
    Well… they added MIDI IN/OUT but it’s broken in AUM for me.

Oooo, so they attempted to add MIDI IN/OUT?! :lol: That's actually pretty cool. Shame it doesn't work in AUM. But, at least that's something, lol. Yeah, Flip is as simple as it gets, but it's not bad for producing some live Ambient. I still prefer Koala, lol, but it was fun to challenge myself to use something I never used before.

@ReneAsologuitar said:
    Hi JWM,
    Very interesting sounds on this recording.
    Your understanding with these gadgets is tremendous.
    Thanks for sharing this project.
    Rene

Of course mate, and thank you for the compliment. :) It takes years of study to get to where I'm at mate. :) And after learning to produce Ambient live, I felt like I needed a new challenge. Right now, I'm diving into fully modular synthesis to produce drones and Ambient. I already had some practice with modular synthesis, but the knowledge is very rudimentary. I did manage to produce my first drone yesterday using modular synthesis, but that too is pretty bland and uninspired, but not bad for a complete beginner such as myself, lol.