Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini Overdrive Special - Who Knows Where the Time Goes

edited June 16 in Creations

A quick verse/chorus run through with the Nembrini Overdrive Special.

Virsyn AudioReverb used for the reverb. Ownhammer VOX 1*12 IR. VirSyn Barkfilter on the master bus for some limiting/dynamic EQ (TripleBand).

Recorded in Loopy Pro.

Song by Sandy Denny (originally recorded by Fairport Convention)

Comments

  • Hi espiegel123,
    I am a sucker for guitars, and this recording is a lovely and peaceful guitar heaven!
    Love the tone and the mix, perfect!
    Thanks for this.
    Rene

  • @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Hi espiegel123,
    I am a sucker for guitars, and this recording is a lovely and peaceful guitar heaven!
    Love the tone and the mix, perfect!
    Thanks for this.
    Rene

    Thanks for listening!

  • Sounds great!. What do you use to load the IR?. Is it Nembrinis IR loader?.
    Does the IR make a huge difference?. I’m very lazy about going the extra steps to add IRs so I keep convincing myself that it’s not that big of a difference.

  • @espiegel123 👍🏻... sounds great.

    @tahiche said:
    Sounds great!. What do you use to load the IR?. Is it Nembrinis IR loader?.
    Does the IR make a huge difference?. I’m very lazy about going the extra steps to add IRs so I keep convincing myself that it’s not that big of a difference.

    Using IRs can make a HUGE difference ! But, it's also VERY possible to simply use the cabs inside nembrini's amps and correct some frequencies with an eq 😉

  • Great performance 👍

  • Thanks @tahiche , @Gratouilli , @richardyot

    @tahiche : you asked :” Does the IR make a huge difference?. ”

    A HUGE difference. For me , it is often the difference between an amp sim sounding just ok and sounding really satisfying. Flo mentioned years ago how much of a difference the right IR (which will be highly personal) makes. And I agree. Once you find a few you like, the process of picking one for the sound you are going for is pretty quick. I gravitate towards their Vox 1*12 but sometimes use one of the Marshall or Mesa stacks. I have the revolution bundle…as do many here in the Forum.

    in this project, I used Nembrini’s IR Loader because I also find its eq useful. I usually use THAFKNAR though.

    The particular IR has a radical impact. I personally find a few Ownhamner IR’s much more to my liking than any of those bundled with the NA amps. There are probably gems in the NA amps but I get no joy from listening to 30 different IRs when I know that one of 3 or 4 Ownhamers is going to do the trick.

  • @tahiche : as an exercise in seeing how much the IR impacts the sound, set up a sound you like in a Nembrini app. Tap Rack and play and tap the + - buttons to go through the IRs included in the amp. You are likely to hear a pretty massive difference in what it sounds like.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    @tahiche : as an exercise in seeing how much the IR impacts the sound, set up a sound you like in a Nembrini app. Tap Rack and play and tap the + - buttons to go through the IRs included in the amp. You are likely to hear a pretty massive difference in what it sounds like.

    Yeah, I do that all the time, it’s obvious there’s a big difference. I guess IRs make me a bit anxious. It’s an extra step/plugin and I have hundreds of IRs.
    I have to narrow my IRs down to a list of less than a dozen and just learn and use those.

  • @tahiche said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    @tahiche : as an exercise in seeing how much the IR impacts the sound, set up a sound you like in a Nembrini app. Tap Rack and play and tap the + - buttons to go through the IRs included in the amp. You are likely to hear a pretty massive difference in what it sounds like.

    Yeah, I do that all the time, it’s obvious there’s a big difference. I guess IRs make me a bit anxious. It’s an extra step/plugin and I have hundreds of IRs.
    I have to narrow my IRs down to a list of less than a dozen and just learn and use those.

    I agree about narrowing down. I basically have six that cover things for me and and additional six rear or room IRs that occasionally get paired with them for a little added depth. 90% of the time I use the same IR.

  • Great playing @espiegel123 . Sandy was one of the greats that died too young. One of the two 45 rpm singles that I ever bought was by her… apologies for the semi hijack but it’s well worth a listen…

  • That sounds absolutely better than fine.
    Please do a complete version of this beauty.
    I would love to hear it.
    Written by a teenager…
    I still find that astonishing.

  • @GeoTony @JeffChasteen : Yeah, Sandy was an amazing musician and not well enough known to recent generations. Thanks for posting Man of Iron. I wasn't familiar with it. Robert Plant thought she was the best vocalist on the planet. A terrible shame her life was so short.

    I'll give some thought to a full (non-vocal) recording, if I can figure out an arrangement I like and succeed in playing it not-too-badly (I hear now that my time was sloppier than I'd like in what I posted)

Sign In or Register to comment.