Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piece Of My Heart - Nembrini Overdrive Special

Nembrini has us spoilt for choice these days - BG Extasy, Faceman and now the Dumble Overdrive Special. Never played a real one, so can't compare, but it sounds great. Here's a nice broken-up crunch rendition of the classic (Take Another Little) Piece Of My Heart.

Strat -> Overdrive Special -> AltiSpace2 (touch of spring reverb)

Comments

• edited June 2022

belated respect & gratitude @pbelgium for a super soulful, groovy tune. love that soft, growly sound. i'm close with high level, low ratio overdrive. any other tips? any particular cab? be well...

• Thanks for the listen & kind words @bangzero. Here's a screenshot of my settings. With Nembrini's, lower the Input to get a clean sound, then raise the Preamp for break-up. I usually cut the Bass and push the Middle for a bright tone with no mud. I like the Bright switch on this - has a kind of Stevie Ray Vaughan sound. Used some overdrive to give it that little bit extra grit. I didn't change the cab from the Default, sounds good enough. But, it will almost certainly sound better with an Ownhammer IR. Hope that helps.