Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Convince me I dont need Elektron style sound locks

And not refund every drum sequencer just bought. Polybeat. Mididrums. Playbeat.

By the end of a track. Is it better to have true drums. Rather than sound lock drums for different sounds on a track. With this for the other tracks also. Plus locking adsrs etc. Which can make drums not sound like true drums.

Just cant deal with the same sound but might not be noticable and maybe sought. When completing a track. With all other song elements.

Closet I can get to a volca drum. Is Drambo. I gain better sound plus any sound but it just seems even the volca drum. Just triggers and feeds of itself. Like a volca modular being triggered.

Also building a Drambo drums. With its own £600 ipad. £100+ in drum spps plus an audio4c. So like a grand for a drum kit.

Noticed fac drum has choke groups but probably wont work. If im using an auv3 per track.

Which probably means I need drambo to add choke groups. Instead of the actual drum apps.

I think I have to now choose sound locks or choke groups as sound lock modulation would be better on multi tracks.

I think someone just needs to make an app tbh.

Sequencer. Multi out. Adjust parameter. Sound lock. Decent synth like fac drum.

If its then to difficult to gain the benefits of Drambo sequencer where you can also sound lock effects to same sequencer.

Then either dont bother. Or find a way.

Comments

• I'm sure the Drambo regulars will let you know this is all possible. But I'll chime in, as I recently owned a Digitakt and a model:cycles. The m:c cost me £200 used, and that's the one I'm keeping for drums, mixed with loops from other sources. At least, thats the plan. I think the m:c is a bargain. I've never been one of those musicians who obsesses over kick drum sounds, but I could listen to the m:c kicks with an lfo modulating the pitch or colour for hours. Well, minutes.

• I might seem harsh.

But I just realised iv got potentialy a 1k drum machine that should offer more than a volca drum with better sound but theres only Drambo with the same potential functionality and even then. Maybe its me. The volca seems to give a quadrophonic sound in comparison to Ios but maybe its because iv never really tried with ios. Or maybe I just dont enjoy drums anymore and am confused but I think the question is valid.

With Drambo.

Can I actually sequence one Fac drum so it will be sequenced via different track lanes and gain track lengths. So that would be the same as a volca.

Id be able to use fac drum choke groups but only to the fac app and no other additional drums. Think Id need drambo to instead have choke groups. So kind of like a volca.

And expect because its not a volca.

To gain multi out so I can p-lock effects to the same sequencer lanes but obviously the effects would also have to maybe route as multi out or off, for non p-lock effects if on the same audio output?

• @iansainsbury said:
    I'm sure the Drambo regulars will let you know this is all possible. But I'll chime in, as I recently owned a Digitakt and a model:cycles. The m:c cost me £200 used, and that's the one I'm keeping for drums, mixed with loops from other sources. At least, thats the plan. I think the m:c is a bargain. I've never been one of those musicians who obsesses over kick drum sounds, but I could listen to the m:c kicks with an lfo modulating the pitch or colour for hours. Well, minutes.

Were wanting to buy a m:c. I like Fm drums. Also found ruismaker fm cant p-lock to a sequencer but also found I can use drambo fm module.

• Its Drambo vs Volca drum.

I think Drambo needs choke groups as a host, if I can use an ipad just for drums and have a drum au for every track lane. I think fac can be somewhat modulated but Iv found I can just add drambo adsrs etc. So I get the un-nessary swooshes of long sounds. Like a volca drum.

And then I can finally say. If the volca dose seem quadraphonic or maybe it triggers all blip-aty like a volca modular ( but might just mean better programming via ios )

• Feel like a twit.

Drambo/ios way better than a Vararium drum.

Vavarium drum relegated to sampling.

Have to refund apps though.

A bad mood purchase.

• Regarding choke groups and FAC, you always have the option of using the voices with a choke relationship in a single instance and using multi-out to process those voices independently.

The Elektron sequencer is difficult to replace. IMO it's not worth even trying unless you have a knobby controller to replace the physical experience of working with the hardware. I don't think I'll ever be without an Elektron drum machine in my studio.

• @suboptimal said:
    Regarding choke groups and FAC, you always have the option of using the voices with a choke relationship in a single instance and using multi-out to process those voices independently.

The Elektron sequencer is difficult to replace. IMO it's not worth even trying unless you have a knobby controller to replace the physical experience of working with the hardware. I don't think I'll ever be without an Elektron drum machine in my studio.

Iv got a faderfox pc12 and ec4. Can never think how to map pc12. Especially with Drambo not importing saves of midi mappings. Like I think aum can but will likely map pc12 to some adsrs and maybe frequency shift and see what the cc midi is for fac drums. Then just choose delays for controller. Even if re-mapping. I think favourites delays will be best Think I will wait for Drambo to add chokes as a host.

With multi out in Drambo. If its possible. Im sure rs200, also posted multi sequence of a single instance. Multi sequence and multi out with fac would be cool but with setup now. I can multi sequence with variable track speeds. P-lock effects. Gain stems of drums.

What is more important if its either/or ?

Or what can Drambo achieve out of the stuff, iv mentioned?