Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Greenwich Time Signal challenge…

2»

Comments

• @GeoTony said:
    Blimey is a good word @sevenape ! Both @Svetlovska and your pieces are fantastic 👍
    I found ‘In the mean time’ quite disturbing @Svetlovska , too reminiscent of a recent brief stay in an Intensive Care Unit but that’s a good thing as it shows the power of music! Also the Dark Side of the Moon(ish) Heartbeat (ish) sound really worked.
    Yours was light relief in comparison @sevenape 😊 liked the repeated deep drone on yours and also the percussive , slightly insectivorous sounds.
    BTW the speaking clock ‘pips’ are different to the GMT pips. The clock is ‘on the third stroke…’ etc followed by three pips. The GMT pips are transmitted by many BBC stations on the hour and are the 6 pips used here.

I stand corrected!! Of course there’s only 3 pips on the phone!!! Duh!!! And thank you for the very kind words!!

• Well done everybody who has had a crack so far, and thanks @GeoTony for the suggestion and the initial inspirational piece. Loadsa fun, and so much good work, so many different and creative interpretations by people here. : ) Apologies to @rottencat for (almost) jumping on your title, Mean Time. What can I say? Great minds, etc, ;) - except that your piece is actually fantastic, of course. I really liked it. Good choice of vid support too.

Ditto @Hegrind - excellent piece, and really impressive accompanying video work too. Damn but video takes a long time though. I finished my noise in about two hours, it took the rest of the day messing with images before I got something I liked. Gave me enhanced respect for how professional your thing looked.

Shout outs too to @lasselu and @sevenape. I really should get to know Koala better, after hearing your thing @sevenape, and @lasselu love that ghost Morse code effect you achieved. @barabajagal : I feel a kindred spirit in you, your stuff always sounds like something I wished I had managed to make, and this was no exception, spooky and creative as ever. @FastGhost : I often avoid rhythm altogether, but I feel you on this one - there was something about the pips that demanded a rhythmic response, and you certainly aced it here, nice tension and release, and I liked the contrast between the harsh tin-tray beats and the muted mellow pips melody. And @bygjohn : my first thought was Gauss as the tool du jour too. Having heard your thing, I kinda wish I’d gone for it. Really good stuff.

So: any more for any more? I haven’t had this much fun since the Drone Day challenge :)

• @Svetlovska Thank you for your kind words.

I’ve just had a very enjoyable time playing all the pieces people have posted so far. I love the way people have picked up the idea and run with it in multiple ways. Congratulations to everyone!

• That was a cool challenge. Here is my version

• Excellent @cuscolima … made me smile that one. Enjoyed the melodies that popped out from time to time and I’m sure at one stage there was a Cuckoo in there. Thanks for posting 👍

• I was surprised at how this has turned out. Just some beeps ( I mean pips) . But leave to the sound designers here to amaze me with their variations! Yet I think your restrictions for Paulstretch and Spacefields were not necessary. There could have been something really interesting done with those.

One thing that hit home with me is how timing/state of mind can change how I feel about what I hear. When I first came upon this post I thought I wouldn’t be able to get into it but then later in the evening I returned and somehow in a more receptive mood I became absorbed in everyone’s ideas

@dasgoods
    nice use of Koala. That would be my first idea too.

@AntoninCharvat
    Ha - a little fairy tale. I am a fan of Beatly pro

@bygjohn
    Yes! Gaus is a good bet for sure. I thought I heard some marine mammals in there somewhere.

@lasselu
    Great to hear all of those apps together.

@FastGhost
    amazing you could get those drum sounds from the pips.

@Hegrind
    scary pips!

@rottencat
    ghostly; I hear voices.

@barabajagal
    strangely atmospheric; upper stratosphere

@Svetlovska
    That’s a very low pip. Even darker than I expected from you; good visuals. I hear snakes slithering somewhere.

@sevenape
    more great use of Koala and it’s effects

@cuscolima
    kind of calm and reassuring.

• I love this thread. So cool to hear such variation from the same source.

• edited June 2022

Ditto… I didn’t believe for a second when I did the original post that there would be such an enthusiastic and creative response. Many thanks to everybody for contributing.
    By the way @Stochastically I only made that ‘rule’ because I thought it would be too easy with those apps (I have Spacefields… 😊) not because I didn’t think they would bring something to the challenge.
    Given all the great stuff already posted + rules are meant to be broken, feel free (anybody) to use whatever apps you want if you fancy another go.