Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3/4 beats in Lumbeat apps?

Comments

• @pax-eterna said:
    Are there any?

Sure. Which of the genre apps do you want to start with?

TIP: All Lumbeats apps also export MIDI files so you can pull the results into a piano roll editor and throw out 1 beat of notes and make 3/4 patterns from the usual 4/4 stuff too.
    Once you get a workflow down you'll find a lot of material worth tweaking.

• ok thanks - mostly jazz swing waltz

• You can set the time signature if you create a new groove.

• edited June 2022

The only ones I can see 3/4 in are Soft drummer and the Jazz and Reggae apps. Not sure I’ve ever come across a funk song in 3 so that might be why it’s not in Funk drummer. I didn’t see it in Rock drummer either. Caveat, I didn’t look very closely.

• @yowza said:
    The only ones I can see 3/4 in are Soft drummer and the Jazz and Reggae apps. Not sure I’ve ever come across a funk song in 3 so that might be why it’s not in Funk drummer. I didn’t see it in Rock drummer either. Caveat, I didn’t look very closely.

FWIW, Funk Drummer's "Toddy in Three" is 3/4.

Jazz Drumer has the largest number of built-in patterns in 3 of the apps from what I can tell. Since OP is mostly interested in jazz swing waltz that seems like the one to get for OP.

• thanks guys, much appreciated...aside from the 3/4 is funk drummer worth getting?

• @pax-eterna said:
    thanks guys, much appreciated...aside from the 3/4 is funk drummer worth getting?

Personally, I think Funk Drummer is very good and quite versatile. To my ears it is as much rock as funk.

• @espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:
    thanks guys, much appreciated...aside from the 3/4 is funk drummer worth getting?

Personally, I think Funk Drummer is very good and quite versatile. To my ears it is as much rock as funk.

excellent, thanks - I will add it to the basket :)

• edited June 2022

India drummer and Mideast drummer both have some triple meter stuff. Plus they link with each other and reggae drummer so you can send patterns from one to another.

• @espiegel123 said:

I bought FD, and that Toddy in Three is a wicked three beat!

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@pax-eterna said:

@espiegel123 said:

Funk Drummer also has 2 extra IAP Drummers:
    1. Nete (after Nate Smith)
    2. Clyde (Stubblefield)… James Brown's drummer

Nete is my favorite for ultra-modern funk grooves with subtle grace notes galore.

• @McD said:

@pax-eterna said:

@espiegel123 said:

Funk Drummer also has 2 extra IAP Drummers:
    1. Nete (after Nate Smith)
    2. Clyde (Stubblefield)… James Brown's drummer

Nete is my favorite for ultra-modern funk grooves with subtle grace notes galore.

B)