Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SITALA - 16 Pad Drum Sampler - Walkthrough, Tutorial & Demo with AUM, Drambo & Standalone

Sitala 16 Pas Drum Sampler by Decomposer.
This video will take you through all the essential functions of Sitala in Standalone.
Then I open it in AUM, then in Drambo.
In Drambo I make a little beat and add some of Drambo's brilliant Feedback Delay Network (FDN) to spice it up.
Sitala has some really nice features to make your life a lot easier.
I hope you enjoy the video, thank you for watching.

You can get Sitala here at the App Store
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sitala/id1605657678?platform=ipad

Comments

• Thanks Doug!

• Very nice. Thanks!

• So the ease with which forum members move files back and forth among apps usually eludes me. Haven't really needed to delve in, but this seems quite interesting, and I bought. (Thank you for the thoughtful video, @thesoundtestroom!)

One question, as I try to move some iMaschine kits I have in several nested folders in AudioShare. Why, when I hit BROWSE SAMPLES in Sitala is "AudioShare files" grayed out at the bottom of the list?

• @ExAsperis99 I don't think AudioShare is able to open in Sitala, I've no idea why.
    However iCloud is, so I just moved my folders/files to iCloud then opened them from there in Sitala.

• edited June 2022

This is due to an iOS issue with File Provider Extensions...

It's possible to link to individual files served by a File Providers but not to folders until Apple fixes it...
    ...it's mostly got to do with the way the extensions handle file/folder permissions and currently they can't do that :disappointed:

All folders that are 'On My iPad/iPhone' work as expected, just not 'File Providers' (This includes AudioShare, DropBox, Readle Documents, Google Drive etc.).

iCloud Drive handles file & folder permissions so it's up to Apple to allow 3rd party extensions to do that as well...

Also note that Sitala doesn't copy/duplicate any files, it 'links' to them.

Only time samples are copied is when one shares a kit.
    The samples are included in a shared kit...

• @Samu said:
    This is due to an iOS issue with File Provider Extensions...

It's possible to link to individual files served by a File Providers but not to folders until Apple fixes it...
    ...it's mostly got to do with the way the extensions handle file/folder permissions and currently they can't do that :disappointed:

All folders that are 'On My iPad/iPhone' work as expected, just not 'File Providers' (This includes AudioShare, DropBox, Readle Documents, Google Drive etc.).

iCloud Drive handles file & folder permissions so it's up to Apple to allow 3rd party extensions to do that as well...

Also note that Sitala doesn't copy/duplicate any files, it 'links' to them.

Only time samples are copied is when one shares a kit.
    The samples are included in a shared kit...

Sounds like a security feature and is understandable considering the kind of damage which could potentially be done.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @ExAsperis99 I don't think AudioShare is able to open in Sitala, I've no idea why.
    However iCloud is, so I just moved my folders/files to iCloud then opened them from there in Sitala.

Thank you!
    Now I just have to figure out how to move my AudioShare folders to icloud…
    :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @ExAsperis99 I don't think AudioShare is able to open in Sitala, I've no idea why.

Thank you!

Yes, I’ve just bought this and am very annoyed to learn that I can’t access AudioShare. Gonna get a refund.

• @Kashi said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thank you!

Yes, I’ve just bought this and am very annoyed to learn that I can’t access AudioShare. Gonna get a refund.

It’s actually an issue with audioshare not sitala. @jakoB_haQ did a video on it when he compares it to koala.

Also Sitala is on sale at $4.99 until July 26.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thank you!

Very easy, you just have to do it all in the files app. I created a folder in iCloud called sitala. Then went into audioshare through the files app, selected folders I wanted to move, and selected move at the bottom. Then selected the destination to be iCloud, Sitala folder. Boom they all on my iCloud now ready to be loaded.

• edited July 2022

Check this video for several great tips and info on the audioshare thing…

• Does anyone know how to delete a folder once you used sitalas browser to load it up. I tapped the wrong folder and can’t see how to delete it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Also has anyone tried an external HD or SSD, to see if they show up when connected and browsing samples in Sitala. That be cool too.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Also has anyone tried an external HD or SSD, to see if they show up when connected and browsing samples in Sitala. That be cool too.

Confirmed with the dev and just downloaded. You can swipe through samples per selected folder, on each pad. Cant access Documents Reader or Audioshare though.

• edited July 2022

Can anyone explain how to get multi-outs to work in AUM and/or Cubasis 3? I built 17 tracks manually in AUM but only the main track has audio when sequenced by polybeat. I should only need to connect polybeat MIDI to the main track right and it should send to other outputs? None of the individual tracks output anything. Same in Cubasis after hitting auto build 16 tracks.

Thanks

• @oat_phipps said:
    Can anyone explain how to get multi-outs to work in AUM and/or Cubasis 3? I built 17 tracks manually in AUM but only the main track has audio when sequenced by polybeat. I should only need to connect polybeat MIDI to the main track right and it should send to other outputs? None of the individual tracks output anything. Same in Cubasis after hitting auto build 16 tracks.

Thanks

Do u still need this answered?

• edited November 2022

I see it is on sale. Anyone know if the problem with AudioShare has been fixed yet?