Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Drumkit presets now on Patchstorage and how to install them.

Hi friends, I'm stoked to collaborate with Fred Anton Corvest. He now has a Patchstorage page for free Drumkit presets two of which contain sample sets from gear in my studio. I also published a how to install video as well.

Get them here https://patchstorage.com/author/fred-anton-corvest/

How to import this patch?
Open FAC Drumkit AuV3 extension, long touch the preset button (bottom of the screen), go for “Import user presets” and select the zip file you want to import.

Comments

• It's great to see these Drumkit Presets and Fred has a list of available training/demo videos on his product web page:

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

Let's see an explosion of great drum kits on PatchStorage.

• These are nice!

• Thanks! Now that there's >1sec sample support, I'm gonna re-sample my Volca beats and upload a patch :smile:

• @mjm1138 said:
    Thanks! Now that there's >1sec sample support, I'm gonna re-sample my Volca beats and upload a patch :smile:

Awesome looking forward to it.

• That's great! Love FAC DrumKit and I was actually recently thinking about how cool it would be if there was a patchstorage section for it.

• These are all really nice - looking forward to some more! Glad patchstorage finally got everything approved.

• @NeuM said:
    These are nice!

Thanks!

• @timelining said:
    These are all really nice - looking forward to some more! Glad patchstorage finally got everything approved.

thanks yes pretty stoked for Fred!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@mjm1138 said:
    Thanks! Now that there's >1sec sample support, I'm gonna re-sample my Volca beats and upload a patch :smile:

That would be dope

• @McD said:
    It's great to see these Drumkit Presets and Fred has a list of available training/demo videos on his product web page:

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Drumkit.html

Let's see an explosion of great drum kits on PatchStorage.

Indeed!

• Yea I like them all thanks @FredAntonCorvest

Quick question… I’m guessing if uploading a patch, particularly one with added samples, it’s important to be aware of what samples you include? I know it is based on licensing but I have so many samples, most of which I’m not sure about the rights. All most all of them are royalty free, is that enough? I’m guessing Public Domain and Creative Commons are always an option. Obviously making your own, but what else? Any guidance here would be appreciated. Cheers

What samples are appropriate to upload in a FAC DK Patch?

• edited June 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I like them all thanks @FredAntonCorvest

Quick question… I’m guessing if uploading a patch, particularly one with added samples, it’s important to be aware of what samples you include? I know it is based on licensing but I have so many samples, most of which I’m not sure about the rights. All most all of them are royalty free, is that enough? I’m guessing Public Domain and Creative Commons are always an option. Obviously making your own, but what else? Any guidance here would be appreciated. Cheers

Well royalty free doesn't mean copyright free. If you got the samples from a third party odds are the third party owns the rights and sold you a license to use them. You would have to check their terms of use. Typically third parties don't want you sharing their sounds without their permission.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@mjm1138 said:

“VolBeats” and “VolBeats Plus” are uploaded, my Volca Beats by itself, and with the FAC Drumkit oscillators mixed in respectively. Don’t worry, I used a fresh set of batteries 😀 .wav samples recorded at 48kHz/24bit. I omitted the Agogo and Crash sounds, but you’re not missing anything. Hope someone gets some use out of them!

• @mjm1138 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@mjm1138 said:

“VolBeats” and “VolBeats Plus” are uploaded, my Volca Beats by itself, and with the FAC Drumkit oscillators mixed in respectively. Don’t worry, I used a fresh set of batteries 😀 .wav samples recorded at 48kHz/24bit. I omitted the Agogo and Crash sounds, but you’re not missing anything. Hope someone gets some use out of them!

Sweet you put two up. Going back to get the second one.

• @djpuzzle said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I like them all thanks @FredAntonCorvest

Well royalty free doesn't mean copyright free. If you got the samples from a third party odds are the third party owns the rights and sold you a license to use them. You would have to check there terms of use. Typically third parties don't want you sharing their sounds without their permission.

Thanks, True.

Some Licenses say free to use in commercial projects, etc.. you just can’t resell the actual sample. I’m guessing those are fine. I wanna upload a few kits, but I want to make sure it’s all above board. I guess I got a little sample pack license research to do…

• 2 new kits from @zvon up on Patchstorage.

• edited July 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    2 new kits from @zvon up on Patchstorage.

Oh, cool.

And the link for anyone who wants it: https://patchstorage.com/platform/fac-drumkit/

• Hi Poppadocrock,

Thanks for announcing my kits in this thread! I was not aware of it.

• @zvon Thanks for the kits.. great to have these on patchstorage.. very easy to find + install..

• Hi royor,

Glad you like them and thanks for your comment!

• Very cool! I just sent Fred some samples of our Gretsch 135th anniversary kit so we'll have some nice acoustic drums in there soon as well.

• @zvon said:
    Hi Poppadocrock,

Thanks for announcing my kits in this thread! I was not aware of it.

Yea definitely. I try to check Patchstorage every few days or so, I think I even got a notification since I follow FAC Drumkit on the site. I was excited to get a few more.

I’m actually gonna try to put a couple out, but might take a little time. Thanks for the patches. Cheers!

• @djpuzzle said:
    Very cool! I just sent Fred some samples of our Gretsch 135th anniversary kit so we'll have some nice acoustic drums in there soon as well.

Awwww Yeah. That’s what I’m talking about…

• @djpuzzle said:
    Very cool! I just sent Fred some samples of our Gretsch 135th anniversary kit so we'll have some nice acoustic drums in there soon as well.

Great, looking forward to that Gretsch kit!!

• edited August 2022

@djpuzzle said:

Nice. More acoustic kits would be great. As former owner of a Slingerland jazz kit (which I played in a 2 person punk/blues band), I look forward to this new development.

• For anyone on the fence this has just gone on ‘sale’ £7.99 in the UK

• edited August 2022

FAC Sales are extremely rare. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one… could be wrong, but can’t remember any…really great prices on all his apps right now.

590 Days to be exact.

• @zvon said:

@djpuzzle said:

Really can't wait for these.

• @Tones4Christ said:

@zvon said:

@djpuzzle said:

Me neither.

• @Tones4Christ said:

@zvon said:

@djpuzzle said:

sent it to Fred but he was on vacation. Hopefully soon!