Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LFOH! by K-Devices

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1609270466

Description:

LFOH! is an augmented, stunning (as the name suggests!), LFO which enhances the possibilities of the classic cycling envelope by adding control over a set of advanced and unique features.

LFOH! is a single oscillator LFO and has a set of continuously morphable and selectable waveforms that represents the core of its modulation signal. Apart from the classic frequency and phase parameters (which make it capable of all of the classic modulation stuff), the waveform can also be shaped by swinging its cycles, bending its curve, squeezing portions of oscillation in the same period of time, scaled and transformed while exceeding its boundaries. An additional Sample and Hold circuit provides quantization for the resulting signal.

A tool you already know, with the most advanced features: simple and powerful.

LFOH! is both an audio processor and a MIDI modulator: while is capable to send its modulation signal out as MIDI CC (according to the MIDI routing flexibility of the app that hosts it), it can also modulate the amplitude of incoming audio.

*** Please note: LFOH! is an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) – it only works in an AUv3 host app like AUM, Drambo, Cubasis, etc... ***

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• That's an easy instabuy. :) Wonder how slow I can make it go for Ambient!

• Me too, instabuy!

• edited June 2022

On sale at launch for cheap. Oh, I like this on audio files! I’ve used MIDILFOs on cc able parameters forever, which this can do too, but this also lets you do it directly to the audio stream. Excellent! (Worth mentioning maybe btw, I had to open the app standalone and then reboot the iPad before it showed up in AUM.) Off to play with it some more… :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    On sale at launch for cheap. Oh, I like this on audio files! I’ve used MIDILFOs on cc able parameters forever, which this can do too, but this also lets you do it directly to the audio stream. Excellent! (Worth mentioning maybe btw, I had to open the app standalone and then reboot true iPad before it showed up in AUM.) Off to play with it some more… :)

I was already on the instabuy team but thanks for that!

• K-Devices = instabuy for instaFUN 🥳

• As everyone else said, instabuy. Excited to dive into this, all their apps are excellent.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

I like it.

But it really needs a trigger input to reset the LFO, and it needs a delay/ramp linked to the trigger. One of my most used expressive modulation techniques with LFOs is to delay the start and then fade in the LFO. There are workarounds for this in Drambo, but I was hoping for the convenience.

• I'm more than happy using the Drambo Graphical Modulators and if I need to morph between shapes I can just route them via a cross-fader :sunglasses:
    (Yeah, more apps or plug-ins equals more distractions so I try to keep the app-count down).

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Wonder how slow I can make it go for Ambient!

So...How slow does it go?

• Grabbed it. Can’t wait to try.

• @wim said:
    I like it.

But it really needs a trigger input to reset the LFO, and it needs a delay/ramp linked to the trigger. One of my most used expressive modulation techniques with LFOs is to delay the start and then fade in the LFO. There are workarounds for this in Drambo, but I was hoping for the convenience.

Huh. +1

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

0.01hz and 16 bars in sync mode.

Also hint, try modulating LFOH! parameters with its own midi cc output or with another instance of LFOH! It gets intense)

• @Poppadocrock said:

@wim said:
    I like it.

Huh. +1

+1
    Has anyone found out how to save presets inside the plugin?

• @Agatha_aga said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

0.01hz and 16 bars in sync mode.

Also hint, try modulating LFOH! parameters with its own midi cc output or with another instance of LFOH! It gets intense)

Thanks! Looks great. i currently only have the one in the Rozetta suite, and was considering getting either the Kerns one or the other one (Keep forgetting the name, but I think it has 16 built-in LFO). Now this adds further confusion to the choice ;)

• @el_bo said:
    ... or the other one (Keep forgetting the name, but I think it has 16 built-in LFO)

mLFO is the 3rd one. 16 LFO's in one mFX app. you should own all 3 since the have their own benefits.

• Great! Purchased.

• @McD said:

@el_bo said:
    ... or the other one (Keep forgetting the name, but I think it has 16 built-in LFO)

mLFO is the 3rd one. 16 LFO's in one mFX app. you should own all 3 since the have their own benefits.

Ah yes! That was it. Thanks :)

Unfortunately, at least for the moment, it has to be one-and-done. Will be probably moving back to BM3 within the next few months, so it would be good to find one that compliments BM's own internal LFO's well, but that in the meantime allows me to have lots of slowly-evolving fun within AUM.

Perhaps this isn't the best thread for comparisons. Maybe I'll go looking for an old LFO thread to zombie/necro ;) ;)

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2022

On my iPad Pro 10.5 / IOS 14.8.1 LFOH! only shows up in the audio FX slot of AUM. I am not able to load it into a midi slot. It‘s also not shown in Cubasis Midi Effects list of a track or AudioBus midi input slots.

I assume that the AUMI extension is not supported for this midi CC generator plugin. I have written a feature request via K-Devices webpage contact form.

• @_ki said:
    On my iPad Pro 10.5 / IOS 14.8.1 LFOH! only shows up in the audio FX slot of AUM. I am not able to load it into a midi slot. It‘s also not shown in Cubasis Midi Effects list of a track or AudioBus midi input slots.

It's supposed to be put in an audio fx slot as it can also modulate the incoming audio.
    (They even explicitly state this in a video on their home page).

• edited June 2022

It’s the audio manip that got me excited… works great. Now we just need an updated envelope generator like that Klevgrand IAA thing Kuvert, https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/kuvert-swedish-envelopes/id1052691394 only AU, and we can build an AUMsynth…

• One ninety nine are they outta their mind?

• @Samu said:

@_ki said:

It's supposed to be put in an audio fx slot as it can also modulate the incoming audio.
    (They even explicitly state this in a video on their home page).

You can load it in a midi track in Loopy, and as a MidiFX in Zenebats. Although in the latter it has little use as there’s hardly mapping options.

• edited June 2022

Another set of effects whose desktop equivalent is far, far more expensive than the iOS offering. The macOS Audio Unit versions of each effect are €59.00. That's quite a price disparity.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2022

Don‘t worry, i did read the description that it also can work on audio :) But as as CC generator / weird LFO i expected that the mentioning of audio FX slot usage is just an addtion that makes it stand out against the other midi lfo auv3s.

@tahiche You are off course right - the video explicitly states that it can be only loaded into an audio slot, probabbly should have watched the videos before buying. The current possibilities of LFOH! AUv3 are quite cool and the intro price is really, really affordable. So i don‘t regret insta-buying, i also like the devs and have several of their plugins.

My main use-case is a setup as CC generator in addition to the other midi generators/sequencers i use in an session - all taking up just a single midi track in AUM.
    Having to setup a whole AUM track with empty input and output and LFOH! in an fx slot just to be able to use the CC generation doesn’t look elegant and takes up additional screen space (versus adding it to an existing midi track).

If i remember correctly from other discussions, adding an AUMI extension should be easy and the needed callbacks are a subset of the callbacks already defined in an auv3 offering midi and audio output. Maybe we are lucky and the dev‘s add the AUMI feature.

• @_ki said:
    Don‘t worry, i did read the description that it also can work on audio :) But as as CC generator / weird LFO i expected that the mentioning of audio FX slot usage is just an addtion that makes it stand out against the other midi lfo auv3s.

This sums it up perfectly. They clearly chose to do it the way they did, and mentioned that in the manual (which is pretty good btw), but I think it wasn't the best choice. Maybe they'll reconsider.

• Another thing I'd like to see in this is the pause button stopping the amplitude modulation through the plugin as well. Right now it only affects the CC output.

• Great to see Drambo being used in the promo photos and vids in the App Store!

Bought this instantly of course, can’t wait to get stuck in

• With all the options its REALLY easy to create your own WUBS for any synth or sound source. Its OWN parameters are open and available for CC manipulation - so modulate the modulator

Now if we can only get some watchers to watch the watchmen

• @drewinnit said:
    Great to see Drambo being used in the promo photos and vids in the App Store!

Bought this instantly of course, can’t wait to get stuck in

My first thoughts were of how I would accomplish these same modulations in Drambo, which can be done fairly easily for most of it. But this is so much more convenient.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.