Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC 2022 - Apple Announcements

WWDC 2022 - Apple Announcements From Engadget live feed.

https://www.engadget.com/tag/wwdc 2022/

Comments

• Tons of news just coming out see link above.

• Ten minutes to explore iPadOS16 beta1 on my 12.9” M1 iPad Pro!

Most excited to explore Stage Manager - the new way to multitask on iPad!

Coming back tomorrow with a short ”review”…

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Ten minutes to explore iPadOS16 beta1 on my 12.9” M1 iPad Pro!

If you can, please do check how managing windows on an external display without using any connected keyboard, mouse or trackpad works?!
    (There should at least be an option to expand or mirror the internal screen).

Looking forward to your initial impressions :sunglasses:

• They are making a big step with gaming sure be nice if they did something for iOS musicians. Although gaming is a much bigger market.

• Metal 3 will help Moog to further optimize the UI of their apps :sunglasses:

As time goes more details will drop, this is just the 1st day of WWDC'22...

• @Poppadocrock said:
    They are making a big step with gaming sure be nice if they did something for iOS musicians. Although gaming is a much bigger market.

As long as they keep making incremental improvements and no radical departures which end up trashing our apps, I’m OK with it.

• edited June 2022

A 4-5 year window for support for older technology seems about right these days. Going much farther beyond that results in a mess like the phone version of Windows.

• iPad Air 2 end of life, no update to iPad16. No iPad hardware or Mac Mini updates.

• edited June 2022

@ErrkaPetti said:

@ErrkaPetti
    It would be nice, if you can check new functions of the FILES app too. Many thanks!

• @Iskander said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@ErrkaPetti
    It would be nice, if you can check new functions of the FILES app too. Many thanks!

Yes, file handling looks like it will be improved quite a bit.

• Files audio preview that’s not an automation would be very very nice. Sample crate is great but not a default app.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@auxmux said:
    iPad Air 2 end of life, no update to iPad16. No iPad hardware or Mac Mini updates.

Call me crazy, but this is good news to me. I've been on edge about whether to go to each major release or freeze ol' faithful since iOS 12. Having that decision made for me is good. I no longer need to go through that watchfulness phase every six months, and now all I need to do is sit back until some totally killer feature or incompatible app motivates me to finally spring for a new iPad (which is somewhat unlikely for quite some time since I'm more than happy with what I have now for as long as I can imagine).

• edited June 2022

I think I'm most interested in proper external monitor support. From the example on the Apple website it looks to mean multiple displays and also full screen display on the external. Now I'm wondering if it allows single apps to have multiple windows across screens and if so if developers will enact this. I'm personally most interested in this for Cubasis @lfs :)

I wonder how this is going to work in terms of control? Will we need to use a keyboard and mouse for the external display control?

• @Cambler said:
    I think I'm most interested in proper external monitor support. From the example on the Apple website it looks to mean multiple displays and also full screen display on the external. Now I'm wondering if it allows single apps to have multiple windows across screens and if so if developers will enact this. I'm personally most interested in this for Cubasis @lfs :)

I wonder how this is going to work in terms of control? Will we need to use a keyboard and mouse for the external display control?

I think (at least based on what was shown) a person could even use their HDTV to be used as a temporary (wireless) desktop work screen.

• @NeuM said:

@Cambler said:

I think (at least based on what was shown) a person could even use their HDTV to be used as a temporary (wireless) desktop work screen.

Nice! Although I’m guessing it would have to be Airplay compatible?

• edited June 2022

@Cambler said:

@NeuM said:

@Cambler said:

Nice! Although I’m guessing it would have to be Airplay compatible?

It would have to be one connected to WiFi (I’m guessing). I use my HDTV today to occasionally stream video or photos to it using the wi-fi (and no Apple TV connection). I suppose we’ll get a slow trickle of information filling in the gaps over the next couple of months.

• edited June 2022

Does this mean what I think it means? (Perhaps not, else this forum would be all over it). Yet…

“ In order to let iPad game developers deliver better, more visually spectacular experiences, and pro app developers to allow users to do more with their apps, iPadOS 16 will finally be able allocate more RAM to individual apps – up to 16GB.”

https://www.phonearena.com/news/ipados-16-official-announcement_id140576

• @zilld2017 said:
    Does this mean what I think it means? (Perhaps not, else this forum would be all over it). Yet…

“ In order to let iPad game developers deliver better, more visually spectacular experiences, and pro app developers to allow users to do more with their apps, iPadOS 16 will finally be able allocate more RAM to individual apps – up to 16GB.”

Apple added swap memory for the M1 iPads so they could enable apps to have more memory and multiple apps running in the foreground. So far, that's all it means.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

Apple added swap memory for the M1 iPads so they could enable apps to have more memory and multiple apps running in the foreground. So far, that's all it means.

Are you either attending WWDC or following announcements on their WWDC app? And if so, what is surprising or intriguing to you?

• @NeuM said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

Are you either attending WWDC or following announcements on their WWDC app? And if so, what is surprising or intriguing to you?

Only watched the Keynote and the State of the Platform. I'm looking through what sessions have been announced so far to see what else might be coming up. The "multitasking" stuff looks interesting. I'm not thrilled by the amount of space the dock will take up. It needs to be disappearable. Bringing DriverKit to the iPad has the potential to be the biggest thing for music on the iPad since the iPad.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

Only watched the Keynote and the State of the Platform. I'm looking through what sessions have been announced so far to see what else might be coming up. The "multitasking" stuff looks interesting. I'm not thrilled by the amount of space the dock will take up. It needs to be disappearable. Bringing DriverKit to the iPad has the potential to be the biggest thing for music on the iPad since the iPad.

Interesting: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10190

• @NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

So, does this mean Pros with, say, 16GB memory can finally utilize more than the current 5gb app limit?

• @zilld2017 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

So, does this mean Pros with, say, 16GB memory can finally utilize more than the current 5gb app limit?

That's what it looks like to me... maybe not the whole 16GB, but more of it, right?

• @NeuM said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@NeuM said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

Interesting: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10190

Yeah. Apple has been on a multi-year process to move Mac drivers out of kernel space. I've been hoping since the announcement of DriverKit for the Mac that they would bring it to iOS/iPadOS since DriverKit enables writing sandbox safe drivers. At this point it looks like it will only be iPad, but this will enable all sorts of new possibilities and use cases.

• @zilld2017 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@zilld2017 said:

Don't know specifics yet or what restrictions there will be. There are restrictions on the 5GB limit now and AUv3 can't access that much. Since this will be for the M1 and above iPads, it's going to take some time for developers to move to supporting it since most users won't be able to use it at this point. There are several sessions through the rest of WWDC that should give more info on how it will work.

• That's bad news for me.

I just wanted to by another refurbished 6s, but not sure if that is a good idea without iOS 16.

All newer iPhones loose the headphone jack, which is pure horror for me.
    And iPhone 8 is the last with Touch-ID, IIRC.

Hard times are coming 😳😳😳😱😱😱😭😭😭

• @tja said:

That's bad news for me.

I just wanted to by another refurbished 6s, but not sure if that is a good idea without iOS 16.

Time to use one of the iPads (with a real headphone jack) to create on.

• @tja said:

That's bad news for me.

Apple's Lightning headphone dongle really does work well. The SE 2 and SE 3 have touch ID.