Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pocket operator pixel… android killer music app, or whut?

Teenage engineering has decided to join the dark side.

Shame they didn’t do it with iOS, but hey ho.

Comments

  • Demo in action

  • Waiting for an APK for the rest of Android machines B)

  • Looks like a Flutter or Unity app (Probably Unity since the OPZ app is built with that), so it should be easily portable... IF they want, but since it's commissioned by Google I doubt it.

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Looks like a Flutter or Unity app (Probably Unity since the OPZ app is built with that), so it should be easily portable... IF they want, but since it's commissioned by Google I doubt it.

    Yeah I bet at least they will have some kind of exclusivity deal.

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Looks like a Flutter or Unity app (Probably Unity since the OPZ app is built with that), so it should be easily portable... IF they want, but since it's commissioned by Google I doubt it.

    Hopefully they’ll pivot to mobile more and make something new for iOS. Would make sense considering the iPad is your interface for the OP-Z.

  • edited June 6

    This. is a wicked app
    You can go crazy with youtube videos ground breaking
    I need an Android for this this crazy

  • @israelite said:
    Waiting for an APK for the rest of Android machines B)

    I remember the joy of all the gcam ports when I had an android!

  • edited June 6

    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

  • Pixel exclusive? Yeah, no.

  • Hrmmm...wonder if this will install on a Samsung Galaxy tablet...off to find out...

  • That’s freaking cool. Chopping up the audio and video

  • yeah, wow. I was expecting to roll my eyes at this but was instead left with jaw left drooping onto my desk. Great design and execution.

  • I wonder what the contract with Google looks like — was this fully commissioned, or can we expect to see some of these features in future products?

    It seems like a very logical expansion on the OP-Z’s Videomatic feature. Would love to see it come over…

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Pixel exclusive? Yeah, no.

    Yeah. The Huawei tablet (which is Android/Playstore) is ineligible, at least

  • Awaits XDA magic.

  • Tested it on my secondary phone...Google Pixel 5. Wow, this app is the video version of Koala Sampler. Definitely makes me feel better about using an Android phone.

  • Is there a link to app. Dont think this android tablet will work.

    Noticed a number of other apps though and been debating just buying another iphone for the headache sound omni setup. Instead of clearing space on a 32gb iphone but also gain a dedicated camera. Instead of either/or. Another iphone really not needed though. Also bought an akai lpd8 plus widi uhost and original cck. Djplayer pro is now £35 also. Thats about £250 + more just to scratch the
    random youtube/koala/dvs sample. Even more if you consider I will buy a laptop to edit a launchpad. Just in case I also need to edit an akai lpd8. Which I believe/maybe. No matter how trivial. I think the alternate layer mode in dj player could mean needing to use lpd8 banks. Controller system could already be mapped. Should have tested when Id bought the app...

    This is what happens when you dont use bought gear etc.

    Instead of a free android tablet. A free Fresher app made buy the people who make the headache sound omni deck. Koala sampler which I do believe made samples ultrapitch just by repitching via key and resampling. If the app wernt bt. Then it would have just been a case of using android screen for cues.

    I sound mood etc but just giving info.

  • @sigma79 said:
    Is there a link to app. Dont think this android tablet will work.

    Noticed a number of other apps though and been debating just buying another iphone for the headache sound omni setup. Instead of clearing space on a 32gb iphone but also gain a dedicated camera. Instead of either/or. Another iphone really not needed though. Also bought an akai lpd8 plus widi uhost and original cck. Djplayer pro is now £35 also. Thats about £250 + more just to scratch the
    random youtube/koala/dvs sample. Even more if you consider I will buy a laptop to edit a launchpad. Just in case I also need to edit an akai lpd8. Which I believe/maybe. No matter how trivial. I think the alternate layer mode in dj player could mean needing to use lpd8 banks. Controller system could already be mapped. Should have tested when Id bought the app...

    This is what happens when you dont use bought gear etc.

    Instead of a free android tablet. A free Fresher app made buy the people who make the headache sound omni deck. Koala sampler which I do believe made samples ultrapitch just by repitching via key and resampling. If the app wernt bt. Then it would have just been a case of using android screen for cues.

    I sound mood etc but just giving info.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teenageengineering.pocketoperatorforpixel&hl=en_US&gl=US

  • @seonnthaproducer said:

    @sigma79 said:
    Is there a link to app. Dont think this android tablet will work.

    Noticed a number of other apps though and been debating just buying another iphone for the headache sound omni setup. Instead of clearing space on a 32gb iphone but also gain a dedicated camera. Instead of either/or. Another iphone really not needed though. Also bought an akai lpd8 plus widi uhost and original cck. Djplayer pro is now £35 also. Thats about £250 + more just to scratch the
    random youtube/koala/dvs sample. Even more if you consider I will buy a laptop to edit a launchpad. Just in case I also need to edit an akai lpd8. Which I believe/maybe. No matter how trivial. I think the alternate layer mode in dj player could mean needing to use lpd8 banks. Controller system could already be mapped. Should have tested when Id bought the app...

    This is what happens when you dont use bought gear etc.

    Instead of a free android tablet. A free Fresher app made buy the people who make the headache sound omni deck. Koala sampler which I do believe made samples ultrapitch just by repitching via key and resampling. If the app wernt bt. Then it would have just been a case of using android screen for cues.

    I sound mood etc but just giving info.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teenageengineering.pocketoperatorforpixel&hl=en_US&gl=US

    Thanks seon. Wont work with tab.

  • @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

  • @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

  • @BroCoast said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

    I’m probably gonna take the dive on it anyway. Just watched Huangs video about it and it seems like something I’d love. I’m also a big koala fan (haven’t dove into Drambo enough yet), so it will be hard to dethrone that.

  • edited June 9

    I’d pay cash money for an IOS landscape version of that app - exactly what I was talking about recently re low-effort/high impact video accompaniment to audio. Maybe even a ‘pro’ version where you can queue up preselected video clips and still images in a folder, and have the app cycle through them automatically in various ways, with a performance layer of effects on top…But I strongly suspect it will be a Google exclusive thing.

    I hope excellent devs like Koala’s @elf_audio and Imaginado’s @sinosoidal are paying attention. Messing with seamlessly synced video and audio in such a spontaneous way could be the next frontier…

  • edited June 9

    I just tried installing this on my S10e using the APK from APK mirror. It installed but then gave an error saying my account wasn't authorised to use this app when I tried to open it. Bummer!

  • @HotStrange said:

    @BroCoast said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

    I’m probably gonna take the dive on it anyway. Just watched Huangs video about it and it seems like something I’d love. I’m also a big koala fan (haven’t dove into Drambo enough yet), so it will be hard to dethrone that.

    When I watched his videos, I thought that Flip would be the perfect spontaneous sampler and arranger but for some reason I never felt like opening it again after using Drambo and Koala.

  • I feel like Flip is really solid if it's all you have, but it's kind of in that in-between space of a DAW like Cubasis and a sampler like Koala. Not enough in either direction.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @BroCoast said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

    I’m probably gonna take the dive on it anyway. Just watched Huangs video about it and it seems like something I’d love. I’m also a big koala fan (haven’t dove into Drambo enough yet), so it will be hard to dethrone that.

    When I watched his videos, I thought that Flip would be the perfect spontaneous sampler and arranger but for some reason I never felt like opening it again after using Drambo and Koala.

    I’ve actually been enjoying it so far. Definitely not on the same level as Koala or Drambo, but I like it for what it is. The drag and drop song mode is easy as cake, and the automation and performance parameters are implemented in a cool way. It won’t be taking their spot (but what can?) however I can see myself using it in the future.

  • @HotStrange said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @BroCoast said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

    I’m probably gonna take the dive on it anyway. Just watched Huangs video about it and it seems like something I’d love. I’m also a big koala fan (haven’t dove into Drambo enough yet), so it will be hard to dethrone that.

    When I watched his videos, I thought that Flip would be the perfect spontaneous sampler and arranger but for some reason I never felt like opening it again after using Drambo and Koala.

    I’ve actually been enjoying it so far. Definitely not on the same level as Koala or Drambo, but I like it for what it is. The drag and drop song mode is easy as cake, and the automation and performance parameters are implemented in a cool way. It won’t be taking their spot (but what can?) however I can see myself using it in the future.

    I think it's like with any DAW: There are so many good ones that it comes down to personal preferences which one to choose.

  • edited June 23

    @KirbyMumbo said:
    I feel like Flip is really solid if it's all you have, but it's kind of in that in-between space of a DAW like Cubasis and a sampler like Koala. Not enough in either direction.

    That is kind of the vibe I got looking at it. I just wish apps like this had more sophisticated exporting and file management. Being able to set a default export location anywhere on the ipad would be great. Files support in general seems able to do this now and some non music apps support it but music apps lag behind for me here. It is like they may give me that quick creative music hit but then to continue on it elsewhere is so clunky it often keeps me from coming back.

    But yah the TE app looks like sweet fun.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @BroCoast said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @mojozart said:
    They also have an OP-Z app for Android in early access. Fun. (But no killing be done here.)

    This pocket op app has some neat ideas that I'd like to see on iOS in apps such as Flip and/or Koala.

    Thinking of downloading flip. How do you like it? How does it compare to koala?

    Flip has some cool stuff going on. Overall though I am too used to Koala & Drambo to really give it any proper time and there is some things that annoys me about it.

    I’m probably gonna take the dive on it anyway. Just watched Huangs video about it and it seems like something I’d love. I’m also a big koala fan (haven’t dove into Drambo enough yet), so it will be hard to dethrone that.

    When I watched his videos, I thought that Flip would be the perfect spontaneous sampler and arranger but for some reason I never felt like opening it again after using Drambo and Koala.

    I’ve actually been enjoying it so far. Definitely not on the same level as Koala or Drambo, but I like it for what it is. The drag and drop song mode is easy as cake, and the automation and performance parameters are implemented in a cool way. It won’t be taking their spot (but what can?) however I can see myself using it in the future.

    I think it's like with any DAW: There are so many good ones that it comes down to personal preferences which one to choose.

    Agreed. I even use apps like TuneMaker and Sequenceism occasionally just to spice things up haha.

Sign In or Register to comment.