Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beethoven’s Edibles / 25 Tracks Of Classical Mayhem

edited June 2022 in Creations

5 sections featuring PurePiano, Ravenscroft 275, Korg Module Strings, 2x @Spidericemidas sound designs from LaPlace, Cubasis Microsonic, BASSalicious, BeatHawk Baroque Guitar and Harpsichord.

The midi also looks pretty cool on this. Easy to follow along if you want.

Comments

• Bravo LL. I actually liked this a lot. Got really interesting around the 1:20 mark.
    The drama in classical music always seems to get my hair up.
    Question though and again I’m willing to expose my ignorance here.
    Does your DAW give you a MIDI representation of your actual playing or did you program this? That would be quite a chore I’m sure.
    I know that you are certainly capable of playing this piece.
    I’m strictly an audio guy but I’m always interested in how others are performing the music I’m hearing.
    I try to be subtle with my questions as not to offend.

• @Ben, thanks for listening. The piano part was improvised directly into Cubasis as is all my stuff. I never program a part.

I divide my improvisation into three parts, as you can see above. One track is both hands, the 2nd is, more or less, my left hand and the 3rd is my right hand. That makes it easier to assign instruments like bass or flute.

• Nice playing! I love it when you break out of the triplet pattern with the odd duple and it sounds like salsa piano... then when the harpsichord section comes it it sounds like flamenco
    on a metal string guitar.

It takes a lot of drills to get those piano arpeggios down cold and then to be able to improvise interesting chord changes... nice work.

• Thanks for the praise @McD. I’ve compensated for my loss of chops by employing the trusty bpm control. I was playing about half the speed of what you’re hearing. A little midi editing never hurts, either.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for the praise @McD. I’ve compensated for my loss of chops by employing the trusty bpm control. I was playing about half the speed of what you’re hearing. A little midi editing never hurts, either.

That's good. Even at that speed the composition is pretty remarkable as an improvisation.

• Well, thank you very much, sir.😘

• Well that was downright impressive. I feel like I should go and practice right now.

• Love it 👍👍

• Indeed @JudasZimmerman, a little practice never hurt. Unless you’re Schubert (or was it Schumann?) who destroyed his hands with some weird contraption.

Thanks for liking and telling me so @ecou. Appreciated!

• That has a lot of Beethovenian energy! I think we’re on the same wavelength sometimes; I’ve been working on something, not exactly the same but harkening back to that time period. You can’t resist layering in all those sounds. I had to chuckle sometimes, just when I thought you’d finished, here he comes again even bigger!

• Will this be part of a classically inspired album?

• edited June 2022

I look forward to that track of yours @Stochastically. And, yeah, throwing in synths, searching for the right sound, all part of the fun.

@ecou. I’m trying to decide if it will be all classical. I recently did that with I’ll Be Bach!

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/i-ll-be-bach

• edited June 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    I look forward to that track of yours @Stochastically. And, yeah, throwing in synths, searching for the right sound, all part of the fun.

@eco I’m trying to decide if it will be all classical. I recently did that with I’ll Be Bach!

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/i-ll-be-bach

I missed that one. Going to listen now but I’ll be Bach.

• Wow this is simply amazing I will show that to everyone Who tells me that you surely can’t make „proper“ Music with an iPad except maybe for a simple hip-hop beats
    I also love the Korg Module I wish I had the money to purchase all the extra sound packs

• Thanks for the ears @amethystswitch. It’s hard to believe everyone isn’t convinced by now of the quality possible with iOS, but I’m steeped in it, of course.. If you don’t know you don’t go out of your way to find out, I guess. I always put iOS and “Produced entirely on the iOS platform using an iPad Pro” on my SoundCloud and BandCamp posts.

If I could only buy a couple of Module inapps it would be KayPro Orchestra and Monumental Choirs. I like their American D piano, but rarely use it preferring PurePiano and Ravenscroft.