Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone had a chance to compare the Cre8audio West Pest with Korg Volca Modular?

I would be very curious how they stack up. They seem very similar.

Comments

• I have a modular. How do you think they are similar?

• edited June 2022

Actually thinking to maybe buy the east and west and be in place of a launchpad. Literally buying a laptop just for novation components and could get by without launchpad maybe but its then more synths to the already 100s from ios. Its at the cusp point though. Decide to return laptop now etc. Or pass through the gas cloud delusion but is it really a delusion in comparison.

• edited June 2022

If you dont know. Now you know.

Just checked ripplemaker on 2 ipad. The generative patches seem to sync. Which might mean you can automation edit via Drambo. Not sure about branches.

Not really though. You would still need control of start time of the generative ways.

• I don’t have either of them but based on demos I’ve heard their strengths/weaknesses weirdly complement each other...
    Volca Modular offers a wider scope of patchability but fails on sound - better choice for experimentation;
    West Pest imo sounds decent but lacks the flexibility - kind of an instant tool to bring the flavour within its scope (which I find limited).
    I would still go for 0coast personally.

• Volca Modular is more like Buchla Easel whereas West Pest is like a 0coast. I would recommend the 0coast, but West Pest looks ok. I don't like tiny cables so never interested in the volca.

Good thing about West Pest and 0coast is compatibility with Eurorack. 0coast was my modular gateway.

• @sigma79 said:
    “Literally buying a laptop just for novation components”

Try Midi Synth Control.
    It’s iOS only and does everything that Novation Components does.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midisynth-control/id1366849280

• Thanks @0tolerance4silence and @auxmux !

The sound demos I heard for the West Pest are amazing. Do you think the 0-Coast has a similar
    smooth and rich sound like the Pest?

The Pest seems pretty immediate and if I do get a 0-Coast, there would definitely be a learning curve for me.

Definitely will be looking into the 0-Coast! I appreciate the feedback.

The Microfreak is also an option that came up. Seems so versatile, though the thing that really drew me to the West Pest
    was the particular quality of the sound.

• @gkillmaster said:
    Thanks @0tolerance4silence and @auxmux !

The sound demos I heard for the West Pest are amazing. Do you think the 0-Coast has a similar
    smooth and rich sound like the Pest?

Not at all. 0-coast only sounds like a 0-coast.

• Yeah, 0coast is it's own thing. Here, I'm pairing it with iOS fx.

• @auxmux said:
    Yeah, 0coast is it's own thing. Here, I'm pairing it with iOS fx.

Nice and I'm interested in the sound it can make pre-fx too. Here is a great overview:

• Thanks, Yeah, that's the video, that convinced me to get one, hehe.

• @auxmux said:
    Thanks, Yeah, that's the video, that convinced me to get one, hehe.

I'm stuck in between the 0-Coast and the Microfreak after watching this:

• For what it's worth, I've owned both 0-Coast and Microfreak and didn't feel as though they were comparable. I wanted to like the MF but ultimately didn't. I found the sound of Spectrum Suite in iOS much more appealing. The 0-Coast, on the other hand, does all the bubbling and filter popping that I always associate with the Buchla sound, as well as the LPG bongo sounds and harmonic-rich wavefolding

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    For what it's worth, I've owned both 0-Coast and Microfreak and didn't feel as though they were comparable. I wanted to like the MF but ultimately didn't. I found the sound of Spectrum Suite in iOS much more appealing. The 0-Coast, on the other hand, does all the bubbling and filter popping that I always associate with the Buchla sound, as well as the LPG bongo sounds and harmonic-rich wavefolding

Thanks for this!

• @Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

Cheers Grav. Do I need to buy a usb hub? Think I wont have to keep mapping launchpad either and also think I wont need a laptop to edit an Akai lpd8 but say to myself. What if I need to map the lpd8. Even though I havent used the lpd8 since buying. The lpd8 is for djplayerpro. Which has alternate layers. I think I could map the alternate layer of an additional 8 cue points with the midi channels provided by akai but what if I need to map the akai. I think Iv the case for not wanting to buy a usb hub.

• @sigma79 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

Cheers Grav. Do I need to buy a usb hub? Think I wont have to keep mapping launchpad either and also think I wont need a laptop to edit an Akai lpd8 but say to myself. What if I need to map the lpd8. Even though I havent used the lpd8 since buying. The lpd8 is for djplayerpro. Which has alternate layers. I think I could map the alternate layer of an additional 8 cue points with the midi channels provided by akai but what if I need to map the akai. I think Iv the case for not wanting to buy a usb hub.

No worries.

I don’t know if you need a USB hub.
    You don’t need one to map the LP X, if you are having
    power supply issues then you certainly need a USB hub.

• Depends on the iPad. If you're using an old iPad with lightning, then you'll need a hub or some powered source with LPX. LCXL is low power, so should be fine without a hub.

• @Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

No worries.

A hub isn’t needed to use an LPX with the CCK but you do need a better USB charger than Apple’s..as the Apple charger doesn’t supply enough power to power the LPX.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

No worries.

A hub isn’t needed to use an LPX with the CCK but you do need a better USB charger than Apple’s..as the Apple charger doesn’t supply enough power to power the LPX.

A charger would route to the cck, then down midi cable to launchpad x. Without sending too much power to ipad?

• @sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

No worries.

A charger would route to the cck, then down midi cable to launchpad x. Without sending too much power to ipad?

More or less.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

@Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Try Midi Synth Control.

No worries.

More or less.

Should be ok but ipad sometimes has screen issues. Maybe from charger. Will either buy a hub or a laptop.

Thanks