Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Haunted Marimbas (Ambient)

The brooding atmosphere by the edge of the dock where the still fog loitered chilled my body to the core.

Yeah, there's me trying to be clever, lol. 😂 My process was very simple. First I set up a marimba patch in Korg Module AUv3 in AUM. Then I recorded one loop into one instance of Gauss, and another loop into another instance of Gauss. I played both back at 62% speed, with the second loop being destroyed in Gauss' 1989 mode. Then I imported both into loopy.

Then I took a small chunk of the second loop and used PaulXStretch to stretch it out and pitch it down an octave to use as my secondary drone, which I then imported into Loopy Pro.

Finally I found a random chunk of audio from freesound.org and used PaulXStretch to stretch that out to about 8 minutes and pitched it down to match the key of my other loops and imported that into Loopy Pro as my main drone.

I set up one lowpass filter for each loop, processed the main drone through VelvetMachine, and processed the whole thing through KoalaFX, Alteza, NoLimits Limiter, and finally Reelbus.

And honestly I don't know what the actual hell possessed Loopy Pro to make that awful squeak sound at about 5m08s in, but things happen when live performing Ambient, and honestly I don't feel like recording another take. 🤣

Here's a screenshot of the session.

Cheers and enjoy!

Comments

• I love it when the process is disclosed in such detail that I can attempt to implement it... assuming I own the right apps to do so.

I enjoyed this one because Marimba gave their all to make it possible and I revere Marimbas.
    I spent many hours locked in a practice room with one learn 2 pieces for a graduate recital.
    There's a tone that few instruments can match for expressiveness if you work on your rolls.
    The one piece was a 4 mallet piece of dubious musical quality and the other was the Bach Violin Concerto in A Minor which has never left my brain after memorizing all 3 movements.

• @McD said:
    I love it when the process is disclosed in such detail that I can attempt to implement it... assuming I own the right apps to do so.

I enjoyed this one because Marimba gave their all to make it possible and I revere Marimbas.
    I spent many hours locked in a practice room with one learn 2 pieces for a graduate recital.
    There's a tone that few instruments can match for expressiveness if you work on your rolls.
    The one piece was a 4 mallet piece of dubious musical quality and the other was the Bach Violin Concerto in A Minor which has never left my brain after memorizing all 3 movements.

That's awesome! The marimba is such a great instrument. :) I may incorporate one in an EDM piece at a later date. 🙂