Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - June 2022

2»

Comments

• Here is something a little bit dancy. Scaler 2 has been heavily used to create the chords progression and melody. What a great app...and yes, it's cheating...but I don't care...

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is something a little bit dancy. Scaler 2 has been heavily used to create the chords progression and melody. What a great app...and yes, it's cheating...but I don't care...

I often use the app Tonaly to help with chord progressions, especially when using modes, and Scaler 2 is a much better and more complete version of that same concept, so I really don't think it's cheating at all. :)

The bass line is very catchy and propels the track along nicely, the squeaky synth in the background is a cool and unusual sound, and the overall arrangement works really well. I wouldn't really call it dancy, it's more like quirky lo-fi sounding to me. It's an enjoyable listen :)

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is something a little bit dancy. Scaler 2 has been heavily used to create the chords progression and melody. What a great app...and yes, it's cheating...but I don't care...

nice and groovy track, a bit screaming high end (at least in my headphones :)) I like it! its repeating but never gets boring

• @richardyot and @martinsa82 : thanks guys, very fair and appreciated comments!

• @richardyot
    Strong, sudden opening with a decidedly electronic flavor. Really like the drums and back beat prior to the vocals. And I love the electronic sounds and tinkling melodies that are sandwiched between the verses.

@Ailerom
    A cool cat song. A cross between a novelty tune and a catchy rock anthem. Walter (my cat) seems to like it, too. Though it’s hard to tell with cats.

@prtr_jan
    Very interesting instrumental piece. Soothing, but with invigorating musical flourishes. Repetitive, but not boring. Familiar, but laced with surprises and sonic adventures.

@spyrogaia
    It’s refreshing to hear a simple, uncomplicated instrumental tune. No frills, no extras, just essential musical elements in a well-crafted song that will hold up over repeat listenings. This one is perfect, as is.

@martinsa82
    Love the counter-rhythms and counter-melodies that help propel this song forward. Wonderfully complex without being overwhelming.

@studs1966
    A strong beat with compelling vocals. It’s all wrapped up in a first-class production.

@Kitusai
    This is a worthy cover. It’s a different enough interpretation to deserve a place at the table. Yet it’s similar enough that those familiar with the original can hear the value in both.

@cuscolima
    I really like the soundscape opening. You’re not sure where it might go from there. Evolves into dance, then atmospheric, and then dance again. Most unusual. Quite the journey.

1. @richardyot Very interesting. Very nice. This older-colder thing really gave me some shivers. It was dark and beautiful. I had to listen twice the part at 2:30 to be sure that it was deliberately "off". Great song

2. @DavidEnglish Good recording, interesting soundscape. I was expecting something else to happen but I think it is the line you have chosen and it is very good like this

3. @Ailerom Great intro, it immediately made me think at "love on the beat" from Gainsbourg. It then turned into a powerful Offspring-ish song. Great track!

4. @prtr_jan Underwater track, nice synths and broken piano, some very appreciated surprises with the drums. Fairytale and beautiful song

5. @Spyrogaia Immediate MT feeling, good structure of the song, lovely synthwaves, efficient track

6. @studs1966 It remains me some cool disco nights in the early 2000. Hypnotising rythme. Well balanced song

7. @Kitusai Nice instruments used here. Steel guitar fit perfectly in the mix. Sounds overall country and traditional but with a nice touch of modernity. I enjoyed it a lot

8. @martinsa82 wow, "Border" is a league of its own. Fantastic song structure and beautiful instrumentation. Great listening

• edited June 2022

@richardyot Excellent vintage always so charming, sweet and sad. A saucerful of secrets.

@DavidEnglish A beautiful atmosphere of starry plenitude. Special mention to the implosions of shooting stars symbolized by the bass bubbles. Soundtrack for planetarium.

@Ailerom This cat has a great talent! The quality of the recording, considering the means used, is very impressive. Excellent. This cat deserves the spotlight.

@prtr_jan Cool relaxing music

@spyrogaia It's very well done with a good balance of sounds. Nice happy and serene melody. I find that this music calls for voices.

@martinsa82 Sharing is better than trash! I loved the break around 1'25. There are lots of great arrangements. Maybe the piano is a little too present throughout?

@studs1966 Long live the meeting of 'Soulful House' with 'Hip House'. Very dancing, very successful, it reminds me a lot of other music (Lalo Schiffrin, Isaac Hayes, ...)

@cuscolima I enjoyed the whisper of your dancing horses. Enjoyable bouncing elements (cool bass line!). Maybe everything is a little too drowned in reverb? The illustration is interesting, who is it by?

What, it's already over??? :-)

• @studs1966 said:

good stuff. very danceable.

@Kitusai said:
    This month I'm participating with a partial cover of a Steve Stills song that I love.

This has a nice folk feel to it.

• @richardyot sharp as always! I like the contrast between the musical atmosphere and the lyrics, but it does puzzle me a little: carefree/poppy vs. apathy/getting older-colder

@DavidEnglish warm and simple, doesn’t need anything else. May I ask how you created your visuals?

@Ailerom pleasant mix, great!

@spyrogaia I love upbeat 80s as well, well done!

@martinsa82 makes me think of a stream of water flowing, meandering, crossing ‘sub-streams’, sometimes a bit nervously

@studs1966 so professional, good luck with your releases,

@Kitusai love it!! has a somewhat raw quality to it. just the right amount of everything and space enough. I think it would even sound better with a less effected vocal (the ‘phone’-effect)

@cuscolima ever evolving just right, nice flow

• @prtr_jan said:
    @DavidEnglish May I ask how you created your visuals?

I usually start with a computer graphics visualization that is unrelated to the music. I tend to use Astrofox, Magic, or other PC-based visualizer for that. Then I use Vegas Pro’s Mirror and Swirl video FX plugins to make the graphics more symmetrical and dynamic. Because the video plugins can be adjusted while previewing the music and visuals, you can experiment in real-time to find the FX settings that best match the mood and pace of the music.

• @Kitusai said:
    This month I'm participating with a partial cover of a Steve Stills song that I love.

Four and twenty years; seems pretty young to me now. Good choice to cover.