Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Controlling tempo in AUM via MIDI from Mozaic or StreamByter

2»

Comments

• edited June 2022

Very cool: it works well. You should add it to PatchStorage when you feel you have your final version.

(I wish that we could tap on the range numbers in the tempo adjustment panel and type them in: I like to do subtle tempo shifts around the target tempo, so it’s easier for me to (for example) just modify the script with 109.4 - 130.6 (or whatever numbers my sausage fingers end up with moving the nodes) than trying to get the nodes to stop on just the right numbers… :)

• Yes it works with smaller ranges, but remember to alter the range on the PBend parameter in AUM to match the lower and upper bound. I tried 60-120 and it worked fine.
    Before I upload it to PatchStorage I now face the really tricky bit... remembering why I wanted to do this in the first place :-) I think it was to set a target tempo and get there slowly over a number of bars...

• @Tovokas said:
    Very cool: it works well. You should add it to PatchStorage when you feel you have your final version.

(I wish that we could tap on the range numbers in the tempo adjustment panel and type them in: I like to do subtle tempo shifts around the target tempo, so it’s easier for me to (for example) just modify the script with 109.4 - 130.6 (or whatever numbers my sausage fingers end up with moving the nodes) than trying to get the nodes to stop on just the right numbers… :)

Yes, numerical entry of the MIDI mapping min/max range is on my TODO list.